Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because my two main hobbies are brewing and blacksmithing: it's what I call my "brewery".
But it's also a pretty good fit for my personality. <_<

Last name + y

just the usual aussie thing :D

Had a Screwtop bottle of homebrew in front of me when I needed to come up with a username :blink:

Homer Simpson was at the Duff Brewery the day I signed up. That will do I thought.

I knew a bloke years ago who always refered to everyone as "Squire" instead of "Mate" , "Buddy" or whatever.. And for some reason it always stuck in my head..
So when i first got on the internet chat forums about 16 years ago i was going to use Squire but the Cool thing to do at the time was spell it wrong so it still sounded right...

So on the internet, i have been known as Sqyre for over 15 years...

God i'm getting old.. :huh:

Sqyre..

Had a Screwtop bottle of homebrew in front of me when I needed to come up with a username :blink:

Lucky you wern't a Proctologist performing an examination at the time... :lol:

Sqyre.. :p

reminds me of the joke

".....why do you ask twodogsfarking?????"

Trying to create a user name was "hit and miss"!

I first tried my first name, but it was taken, then my nick-name, but it was taken. Then I tried the something "beer creation process" related and it was available!

Two guesses what my name is and three guesses for what year I was born...

range of hills in Somerset :)

I was drunk and watching Peep Show at the time, haha.

I've had this name for over 22 years... No idea where it came from.

Ive just realised how boring my name is :(

But my new avatar is the yellow intercepter of Mad Max. I still here that siren everytime I look at it B)

Being a Yank / Aussie, we dont call anyone Mate but rather Dude or Bud
Also, being Budweiser is the biggest selling beer and also known around the world (I am not saying that it is any good mind you) using a variation of it was a natural for me.
Using Miller Genuine Draft seemed a bit long, Samuel Adams a bit pretentious.
Signing Bud is just easy for me.
The avatar needs no explanation.

Cheers,
Bud

I was the only bloke that drank schooners at the little village pub closest to where I grew up and as soon as I walked in the publican would say "Schooey?" and I'd just nod. After a while it just stuck

I had a massive night on the brews the night before i jumped on the site, so I was feeling cede :icon_vomit: ( sick, real ordinary) hence

Feelncede

Cheers

Latest posts

Back