Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CM2

was going to study justice/criminology at uni and my first email addy was [email protected]. when i changed to hotmail some ******* had already taken citymorgue@hotmail, so i took citymorgue2.... the rest is history. Had the cm2 online nickname for over 12 years now. I once gave my email to a law lecturer at uni and she thought i worked for the coroners office (the morgue), so i figured it was definitely a keeper of a name. My highschool nickname was completely differant (Conan) and my mates still call me that. I digress.

avatar is found from trawling through googfle for something simple but appropriate. made my slogan (under avatar) to match.

Interestingly enough i tend to name my beers/brewhouse after the nickname ive given my eldest daughter... Kenzie.

I have a mate tghat decidedd he was a bob rather than robert around the same time and took the nickname/email address of bobscountrybunker from the blues brothers. He will be joining the forum shortly once he starts brewing again.

"Cortez The Killer" is a Neil Young song off the "Zuma" album

See here http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oynETmgdNf0 - well worth a listen if you haven't heard it - it's one of the long Crazy Horse jam songs - in my opinion one of his best

My avatar comes from the online comic "Sinfest" http://www.sinfest.net

Here's the first ever strip

2000-01-17.gif

Cheers

therook is were i live - Tallarook

Avatar if of Ford Fairlane until next footy season when the Cats Logo will be back

Brewery Name - self explantory

Rook

just a name ive used on the bet for years , probably stemmed from my liking for fishing

Born and raised in Canada, and was given the nick Maple by the guys at the cricket club. They thought it a bit of a novelty having a canadian playing cricket. that was about 5 years ago, and seems to suit.

Dont have an avatar cos I havnt figured out how to put one on :huh: If I did, it would be my profile pic which is my project, a 1985 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6litre, painted orange, 3 years plus in the making, and then I found brewing ;)

Don't the 205GTi's have the legendary 1.9L engine?

hotmail gave it to me when I was trying to get an email account years ago

You can tell I put alot of thought into mine :rolleyes: , I'm a home brewer and was born in 79'

Mine is a combo of an old nickname plus the "double-dutch" for Beer, a homage to late 70s underground hip hop.

One long ago day at the SCG when you could bring your own eskies in, I struck up with a couple of off duty cops who thought I was a big animal - a "Godzilla". My friends loved it, There after I used to enrol in country tennis tournaments as "P. Godzilla" - the P standing for Poncho, my "real" knickname, which most of the world knows me as. After retiring from the sporting fields and the girth grew, a mate of mine labelled me "Fat Godzilla". Fatgodzilla seemed a logical choice for a call sign.

Cracka, because of my last name.

My avatar, I thought he looked like a happy camper, funny at the time.

Spent a Summer unshaven years ago and, being a blood nut, had red beard thrown at me for a while. Thought of it when i first logged in. Also had enough beers in me to think I was being clever with spelling..

[quote name='RedBeer'd' post='377356' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:39 AM']Spent a Summer unshaven years ago and, being a blood nut, had red beard thrown at me for a while. Thought of it when i first logged in. Also had enough beers in me to think I was being clever with spelling..[/quote]
you were
take a bow. :lol:

stagga.

Hello , good evening and bollocks...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Mellie

I love Viz - esp during the 80's
I am politically incorrect whenever possible

My other nickname is Bolix - a play on my painting style being very similar to Jackson Pollock. So rather than face the wrath of the PC brigade by having a semi vulgar nickname on the net - I chose a bloke that says bollocks a lot.

RM

I'm Pete, and I brew.
I thought long and hard over that name obviously.

Don't the 205GTi's have the legendary 1.9L engine?

Most of em, in fact, id probably go as far to say that 99% of the ones that made it into Australia have the 1.9litre engine... Mine is a Phase one, the original, imported from the UK, which had a 1.6 litre engine which I personally prefer over the 1.9 cos it seems more revvy, which is fun on the twisties :lol:

I like it cos everyone else has the 1.9, so it makes mine quite unique...

I thought mine was a nifty pun after stumbling across a beer called 'Hopping Mad' on the web.

Then realised that the strapline to the site here says 'We're Hopping Mad' after I registered it and felt like a total dumbass. :eek:

Ah well, too late to find a new beer pun now, I'm stuck with this one!

Hopper.

About 15yrs ago Black Adder was a popular TV series between myself and a few mates. For those who don't know the series it starred Rowen Atkinson from Mr Bean and a character named Baldrick as his offsider that always had a cunning plan. Seeing I had a mullet and a surname very similar to his a mate called me it at the pub one night and it has stuck ever since. Most times I'm introduced as Baldrick and friends dirt magnets even call me Baldrick. The funny thing is it probably suits me more so now as the hair is disappearing and quite thin on top (BALDrick):eek: :lol:

Latest posts

Back