What's Your Dog Called

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the thought brewers. Yeah he even tried getting up to go to the car when his legs would not work. Dogs never bitch, just want to be with you. Mother's really not coping well!

Very sorry for your loss, Screwtop. I'm about to go and put a beer in hand to toast your old mate.

My condolences Screw.
They are great company, they don't judge or criticise, just love unconditionally. They don't care how drunk you are or what time it is and anything is quickly forgiven for a treat and a neck scratch.

Old Ruffnuts died at 11am today. Keep looking at his beer saucer in the shed, can't believe it

Brutal news Screwtop. I always describe my dog as my best mate.

If I were you I'd top up the ol' beer dish one last time tonight.

Take it easy mate,
Ben

Sad news Screwy

I lost my old bluey when back in Dampier,she was 18 years old,I was a mess and even missed a day at work.
My dogs are my very best mates,you can't have a bettter friend,they give love 24/7 and would never do the dirty on you.

I feel your sorrow.

Batz

Sorry for your loss Screwtop.

Our animals are a big part of our lives and it is always sad when one of them pass.

cheers
johnno

I'm in the same boat, no dogs, but I have an Uber Brew Cat. Riley is it's name. Pic attached.

big_finish___ESB___riley1.jpg
TIM
No pics and they arent dogs.

Two cats.

Ones named Tiger.
The others named Tripsy.

My condolences Screw.
They are great company, they don't judge or criticise, just love unconditionally. They don't care how drunk you are or what time it is and anything is quickly forgiven for a treat and a neck scratch.

The truth!

Sad news Screwy

I lost my old bluey when back in Dampier,she was 18 years old,I was a mess and even missed a day at work.
My dogs are my very best mates,you can't have a bettter friend,they give love 24/7 and would never do the dirty on you.

I feel your sorrow.

Batz

Thanks Batz, and to all of you, beers not strong enough tonight and neither am I, there's an empty bed beside the computer.

Thanks for the call Sean

Sad to hear the news. I wish you think of only the happy thoughts that your ever faithfull mate has brought you and your family.

A tear passes my eye as i write this as i love my dogs as much as any one else they are family as they are our best mate in the world and never ask any thing of as except to be with us.

Well brewers we can't call him anything anymore. Old Ruffnuts died at 11am today. Keep looking at his beer saucer in the shed, can't believe it, SWAMBO's not taking it well. Poor old bugger, was having trouble breathing, the cancer had spread so much.

My condolences Mike. At least I had the chance to meet the old bugger whilst you were down here. I feel a little bad about poking fun at Ruffnuts but I suppose later you can look back and reflect and have a bit of a smile and a laugh. A well travelled mut that one. When I was a kid we had a labrador called "Bacardi" he lived to the ripe old age of 16. One of the saddest days of my life. Nearly cried, and I was 20 back then. I will kick back with a new batch of my FF tonight in memory.

BYB

Very sad to read the news Screwtop.

We lost our bluey a few years back, had him for 16 years. He also loved a drop of beer so we buried him with his bowl, a stubby of beer, a squeaky toy, some treats and his blanket. Some nights he was partial to a drop of Scotch too. He helped out with the very first kit and kilo by drinking some of the lees out of an icecream container, running around stupid with the container in his mouth and one front paw still in the container for a while and then collapsing on the very large vhs player. Always loved supervising brewjobs.

The longer you have them, the more care you give, the harder it is when they go to the big kennel in the sky.

You will keep seeing him out of the corner of your eye, still doing laps around the place.

So commiserations to you and your missus. Go give her a hug and tell her we are thinking of you.

My condolences Mike. At least I had the chance to meet the old bugger whilst you were down here. I feel a little bad about poking fun at Ruffnuts but I suppose later you can look back and reflect and have a bit of a smile and a laugh. A well travelled mut that one. When I was a kid we had a labrador called "Bacardi" he lived to the ripe old age of 16. One of the saddest days of my life. Nearly cried, and I was 20 back then. I will kick back with a new batch of my FF tonight in memory.

BYB

Thanks mate, the cancer had spread up through the pallet and into the brain, so it was no wonder the "old bugger" (can't remember if I told you the story behind him getting that name in Canberra) used to wander round and round, bit like me after a few of your FF.

mate, i've had one go to cancer and it was a defining moment in my life. not just our most faithful either. relatives and friends as well.
i wish it were an affliction of the past.
:(

Thanks again guys, I so appreciate the words, there are lots of brewing animal lovers on this site, says lots!

Lets get this back on topic and lighten it up, I have to get off here and be with SWAMBO.

So does anyone have a new 4 legged assistant brewer to introduce.

Thanks and good night all.

Screwy

Thanks again guys, I so appreciate the words, there are lots of brewing animal lovers on this site, says lots!

Lets get this back on topic and lighten it up, I have to get off here and be with SWAMBO.

So does anyone have a new 4 legged assistant brewer to introduce.

Thanks and good night all.

Screwy
Good on you Mike - Take care of Margaret. You're a strong bloke and you've got a long night ahead of you. We're all with you.

Cheers,

Sean.

a mates just found out his dog has cancer, it's pretty sad when you get so attached.

my dog is called Coco, if she ever has babies I'll call them "son of coco" and "son of coco #2" ;)

Condolences to you fellas who've lost your pets.

My two are called Cheeky (the white one) and Dexter.

They are no help when it comes to brewing.

cheeky_dexter_200302.jpg

I reckon that your dog, like your kid, has gotta have a long name, but call it by the shortened version. So when it's being naughty, you can use the full length name, then they know they're in trouble.

Having said that, my dog's name is Meg.

We have 4 dogs, 2 Poms, a Pom X Jack Russell and a Blue Cattle X Foxy (bitch).
Dawson, Tigre (as in Winnie the Pooh tales), PJ and Pheobe. All are inside dogs and spoiled incredibly by SWMBO.

Keep looking at his beer saucer in the shed, can't believe it, SWAMBO's not taking it well. Poor old bugger,

Never been a big fan of dogs or cats (Unless they are other peoples that stay away from my location --- with one exception ;) ) but am as sorry the little bugger is dead as I would be for any creature that has karked it.
His gross farts are no more :lol: he will always be "Stinky" to me.

My advice --- Don't get another dog or cat. Make your carbon footprint smaller for a better world. :super:
Who is your dog now Screwtop?
:beer:

Latest posts

Back