What's Your Dog Called

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmysuperlative

Reaction score
Lads and Ladies, we've just welcomed our newest family member ... a six week old Staffy dog. The debate is currently raging over what his name will be.

So, I'd love to hear from fellow brewers some names that might stick so we can "wet the babies head" so to speak!

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Jimmy.

Hey Jimmy, probably not helpful for naming family dogs, but my uncle ran working dogs for years and he only used single-syllable names, so they could be called easily.

Ben, Blue, Sox, Alf etc.

I reckon you should go with an ironic name - I think Gerald is a good name for a Staffy.

I always liked what my dad called our last dog, a short haired German Pointer.
Biscuit :)

Staffys are awesome dogs mate,there very affectionate and smart to. Im currently on the hunt for another one. I have a staffy X Bull terrier
i was going to call my staffy "cooper"

But in the end i settled on calling him boss.

BOSS.jpg

Great looking dog Kingy! Top colouring! I'll post a pic of the little fella shortly.

Mines an Australian silky terrier x jack russel x chihuaua [sic]. Awesome little dog with neat colouring and short hair. Well proportioned and smart as anything. He just has a grudge against people on crutches or holding umbrellas - he got hit with an umbrella years ago and retaliated against the guy, hahaha.

His name is Toby :D

the gf and i have a 13 week old pug/jack russell cross call sasha, she tough she eats the chillis straight off the bush

Banjo

Of course ! :beerbang:

Banjo_.JPG

Batz

My Staffy, apart from being called all sorts of names, is commonly called Gusty

His real name is MV Augusta

And the cats are called Benelli and Ducati

Anyone who asks why will be refered to the Vb stand at your local bottle shop.....

My mate had a couple of great dogs, which his wife named.

Seiko- was of course a watch dog.

Buck- Only cost $1 from the pound.

My 17 year old Silky is named Holly.

Cheers
Gerard

Polly

I wanted to call it Penelope Pitstop - Penny but as usual the kids overruled me.

Her Pedigree name is "Wagondog Pandemonium" and her mothers name is 'Hells Angel' - spot on the mark I reckon.

A picture to prove that looks can be deceiving.

RM

edit : There is an echo in here somewhere (dont know how)

Anyway I shall try adding the picture again

PICT0026.JPG

Polly

I wanted to call it Penelope Pitstop - Penny but as usual the kids overruled me.

Her Pedigree name is "Wagondog Pandemonium" and her mothers name is 'Hells Angel' - spot on the mark I reckon.

A picture to prove that looks can be deceiving.

RM

Pistol has yet to read this

I can tell because there is not a 13 epic about your dog on here yet]

Sorry Pistol...we still love you.... :)

used to have a male dog name Trojan and the inlaws used to have a wienmarner called biersh

kebra u called try or whay about bison ir give it a good beer name

'Porter' would be a good name

or 'Black n Tan'

which is a pint of Harp lager topped off with Guiness

Pumpy

Mines named Nugget, after tasting my first AG which was stocked up heaps of fresh with nugget hops (thanks GL) also the day we found her she helped out with the brewday!

NUGGET_ALE.jpg

YES definately mans best friend :)

With the markings over the eyes looks like "Bandit" to me.

cheers
johnno

Latest posts

Back