What's Your Dog Called

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up with a Labrador - Alsatian cross male which was Butch. We've only got cats now (Little and Zigg), but they replace the recently-departed Grover.

This is a shot of Echo the superdog.
Hitting 11 years, but still as frantic and into life as a Kelpie should be.

echsmall.jpg

Klinger (i.e M*A*S*H) he's nearly 10 now, about the same amount of KG's he's over weight.!! :lol: he's got a bit of arthritis in his back legs that reduces most of his exercise time. Legend.!

IMGP1514rs.JPG

Sakari (my brothers dog, but too cute not to show a picy..! she has an older house mate 'Chevez' that she pisses off daily with her crap. he takes it only for so long, then she cops it)

IMGP1042rs.JPG

IMGP1047rs.JPG

Staffy or STFU :super:

Like bugwan said, the single syllable name is a very good strategy for dogs. Working dogs have a short name.

Most dogs answer to puss.

Like bugwan said, the single syllable name is a very good strategy for dogs. Working dogs have a short name.

Like good old Bob, the Kelpie. :) In my experience, they generally answer to other more colourful names also :lol:

I don't have a dog, so I'll have to give you my cats' names. My cat is a brown Burmese named Sophie, but generally called, and answers to "Brown" (when she feels like it). My daughter's cat is named "Princess Kitty" :lol: . Not terribly useful for naming a dog, but there you go.

Some dogs in my family:

Bob, the recently departed Kelpie (ex-working sheepdog)
Angus, the Lab
Molly, the King Charles Cavalier
Chloe, the Chinese Crested Powderpuff :lol:
Digger, the recently departed ??.

our lab's called chloe, unfortunately she has been given 2-4 weeks to live due to mammary cancer. such a shame as she is only 4 and is the best family dog :(

P5311953.JPG

DSC01997a.jpg

Here are our girls. The boxer is the wifes doog AMBER

And the big fluffy one in NIKITA she is a akita.

So when people say what sort of dog is that i reply Akita. Then they ask her name i reply Nikita. It sounds better if you say it out loud and confuses them.

our lab's called chloe, unfortunately she has been given 2-4 weeks to live due to mammary cancer. such a shame as she is only 4 and is the best family dog :(

View attachment 13363

Man thats not good at all our dogs are like our kids. They are our kids.
My heart goes out to you and i hope you enjoy the time you get.

Classic :D !!

Liking Nelson, after the Nelson Sauvin hop presumably ?

Yes, the hop, but also the "admiral" ...and even Mandela. (Men of substance).

I jokingly commented on his sunnies (eye patches) and suggested "Ray Ban" to my wife. She heard Ray Charles singing Shake A Tail Feather on the radio this arvo ...now she thinks it's fated!!!!!

BTW, there's me, the wife and three girls on the panel. We're all pushing different barrows in terms of a suitable name. :blink:

"Ray" is lookiing okay at the moment ... beacause "everybody loves Raymond" :p

Here's a pic of my old dog, it has moved out. Used to jump the fence all the time and go visiting, one day never came home.

IMG00003.JPG

View attachment 13363
Mate, thats some sad news and I guess you're smothering her in love - she looks a lovely dog. I assume you have kids from your comments re: Family dog - probably making the situation even harder. Hang in there.

Deebees dog Rainy passed away late last year and he brewed an ale for the christmas case that had characters like inspired by her personality. Possibly brew up a "keeper" and cellar the bottles for prosperity.

View attachment 13363

Terrible news Hughman ...shit, sorry to hear that. My nephew just lost his six month old staffy to some unheard of virus. His two year old is beside himself.

Ooops. I forgot - below is our 4 year old dog Barney. He got his name from the "discussion" I had with SWMBO about getting a family dog. I never used to be a big dog lover and was suckered into a bet with SWMBO when I quit smoking(One of many attempts) that if I ever smoked a ciggy we would get a family dog.....I succumbed to the lungbusters and we had a little "chat" and soon after we got Barney. He's a mongrel with an interesting pedigree - part Whippet(Very fast and flighty), Border Collie(Smart and needing stimulation), Bull Terrier(Haven't all mongrels got a bit of bully?) and part Kelpie(Smart n active). He is the best family dog I have known - never shown any agro, loves attention and plays very well with our three year old. I only wish we didn't get his aggets removed coz he would be worth breeding...but all dog owners think there dog is the greatest.... :D

Barney.jpeg

Hughman666. Sorry to hear your news too,
we were in a similar spot last xmas with our Rottie ,Cherokee. Sad day on the Kids and Missus.
we hadn't planned on getting another dog. shouldn't have read the pet section of the paper the following day.
Rottie pups for sale 2 blocks from our house.
we picked up a beautiful girl ,Cheyenne and 3 weeks later her sister,Lokota, from her new owner who was abusing her. why do people get pets when they've got no idea.
anyway back to Names. As you can tell my wife has an American Indian tribes/lands bent.
Also 3 cats named Montana, Idaho and Wyoming.
just glad the kids have normal names.
Stu

The Red ones Rogue, the wifes dog. The black one is my best mate, Guido!
rogue400.jpg
guido400.jpg

Mate, thats some sad news and I guess you're smothering her in love - she looks a lovely dog. I assume you have kids from your comments re: Family dog - probably making the situation even harder. Hang in there.

Deebees dog Rainy passed away late last year and he brewed an ale for the christmas case that had characters like inspired by her personality. Possibly brew up a "keeper" and cellar the bottles for prosperity.

thanks for the replies everyone, it's a really shit situation, very hard on all of us. we have 3 kids so they're going through hell atm. anyway the vet told us to "spoil her rotten" and we are - she had sirloin for dinner last night and then bacon and eggs this morning. even if she wasn't ill, this diet would make sure she was :D

My mut is Connor, pretty funny cos all the kids have a Connor in their class, kelpie x border collie, hyer active hyper intelligent, not really suited for a suburban yard.

The Red ones Rogue, the wifes dog. The black one is my best mate, Guido!
rogue400.jpg
guido400.jpg

Hey ya jeep monkey

What soet of dogs are these they look like shiba inu. i have been thinking i would like one if nikita leaves me one day as they are of the same family as the akita inu just smaller and maybe less hair.

Hey ya jeep monkey

What soet of dogs are these they look like shiba inu. i have been thinking i would like one if nikita leaves me one day as they are of the same family as the akita inu just smaller and maybe less hair.

Lokpikn,

Yeah they are Shiba Inu. Same family as the Akita just at the smaller end. Very dominant head strong dogs, useless off the lead, but extremely loyal.

Latest posts

Back