What's Your Dog Called

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon that your dog, like your kid, has gotta have a long name, but call it by the shortened version. So when it's being naughty, you can use the full length name, then they know they're in trouble.

Agree.
Ours is called "Psycho bitch from hell" when in trouble.

By her normal name at other times.

cheers
johnno

Agree.
Ours is called "Psycho bitch from hell" when in trouble.

By her normal name at other times.

cheers
johnno
A mate from school named his dogs after lawnmowers. First one was Rover.
When he turned up with his new dog Flymo, geez we'd piss ourselves whenever he'd yell it's name.

quick but meaningful edit: Condolences for your loss, Screwtop. It's a hard time. Raising a glass of IPA to all our animal mates right now.

Never been a big fan of dogs or cats (Unless they are other peoples that stay away from my location --- with one exception ;) ) but am as sorry the little bugger is dead as I would be for any creature that has karked it.
His gross farts are no more :lol: he will always be "Stinky" to me.

My advice --- Don't get another dog or cat. Make your carbon footprint smaller for a better world. :super:
Who is your dog now?
:beer:

No more "You dirty dogs" Pete.

Sorry for my lateness...

Condolence's to you Micheal..

its funny how our pets become our kids in one sence or another..

once they have grown from puppies thier attitudes are hard to sway and they develop a personality of their own with all thier naughty and nice behaviors...you grow a custom to thier daily contribution's that eventually become back ground noise untill they are gone, then the void they leave is unfillable. Even though we know thier life span is shorter than our own we forget that they someday will be gone from our lives.

so enjoy it while you can... and not only your pets, your friends, family and loved ones...

Once again.. condolences from the Sqyre's.. including Max and Jess - The Guardians of the Shed.

Sqyre...

What are you looking at?

P7105913.JPG

johnno

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Screwtop. We had to put down the missus's kelpie 2 years ago now due to athritis. I tell you it was one of the hardest things i've done. (not that i did it, that's what vets are for). It's not easy losing a family member, and that's what they are.

Apologies to the dog lovers;

Louie, the cat.
CatOnThePiss.jpg
Doesn't mind an IPA.

My dog is a fat kelpie called 'Eli', pictured here with my boy Oscar. Basically this a farm dog my wife has turned into a heater slut that sleeps inside at night.

DSCF1062.JPG

EDIT: Scratch that... just checked the website. He's been adopted!!!

If you don't mind indulging me....does anyone want a dog?

We found a young dog (approx 1 yr old) wandering on our property on Sunday morning. He was a lovely dog that was extremely friendly. We asked the neighbours but to no avail...so we took him to the pound later in the day hoping his owners would go there and pick him up. He was still there as of yesterday.

He is a pit bull X (we believe), undesexed male and from the morning he spent at our place extremely friendly and got on really well with my dog. My wife is due for our second next friday so we can't take on another dog but he is currently at the Renbury Animal Shelter in Leppington (near Liverpool), if anyone is interested.

DSCF1360.JPG

Penny,
The name says it all. 1/2 jack russell, 1/4 maltese, 1/4 shitzu. Looks like a Jack Russell but pure lap dog, although she did notch up her first rabbit kill last week (after 5 years of trying) - must have been an old rabbit.

100_0029_IMG.JPG

I've got a Rottweiller called Rukh. I named him after an assassin character in a Timothy Zahn Star Wars novel. I thought it was an appropriate name. Of course this is where my AHB name comes from.

Whilst he is my dog, my parents have looked after him for the past 8+ years...

thanks for the excuse bugwan :beer:

my mrs bought a new strange breed. after having 2 of the most loyal friends "put down" we've got a miniature permanent-puppy English bull terrier
just wants to kill and eat all day
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VJMf-4lxs

should keep an eye on the malt supplies and rodents too :)

Banjo recieved his new "Brew" t-shirt today

banjo_003.jpg

Looking flash

banjo_004.jpg

Batz

Looking swish Banjo... You'll be the talk of doggy town in flash clobber like that :D

This is my Great Dane 'Pruedence'

On her back legs she is about 5ft 10, and weighs in a tad under 55kgs

prue.jpg

Prue_7_months.jpg

My last Dog was a fantastic, stocky Black and Tan Kelpie from Campbeltown in Tassy.
His Name was Jeff.
Unfortunately I moved to Scotland for 5 years and left him with a mate in Albany WA.

He was the smartest dog i ever encountered but still wasnt smart enough to recognise a fox bait.

:( I still miss him.

ATOMT

My dog is called Zack an 8 year old Blue Healer.
Great dog, real protective, loves me & puts up with the missus, hates everyone else but hey thats how Healer's are.
zack.jpg

Current dog is a pug, called Elsie, by our daughter. Her initials are LC.
Previous dog was a poodle/kelpie cross, called Polly, after the waitress in Fawlty Towers. We had to put her down just before she turned 17 because of dementia. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do (well, the vet did it).

I've got a 10 year old Cattle Dog (cross Mongrel) called Sooty. My (now) Mrs. named her. Best dog ever, seriously, I think she is smarter than some people. I'll try and find a photo.

Andrew.

Back