What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want picture proof fourstar.... We need pictures.

Well have you seen 'Crispy Roast Pork" in the windows of Cantonese/Chinese Resturants? It looks like that, just more blistered. :p

I will start a thread early next week when I land in Hanoi for my 3 week food adventure North to South in Vietnam.. That should rouse a few tastebuds! :icon_drool2:

Depart @ 5 past midnight this saturday morning, I can't wait! Sad thing is there is a 4 hour layover at Changi Airport (Singapore). I might have to starty blogging my food adventures from there instead! Last time i was there i was like 10, i had their hot n spicy KFC :ph34r: and it blew my mind. Ive so got to have it again, just one piece to see if it is what i remembered, then something decent! :p

Maybe some Char Quay Teow for breakfast?

Oh yes, I've been wondering what char kway teow (however you want to transliterate it) is like over in Singers, I've had it from a couple of proper Singapore noodle joints and it is just brilliant.

If i need a quick fix, the local asian grocer sells pork crackle in a massive bag, munch that down with some beers.. awesome. got to love 'pork scratchings'! :icon_drool2:

Pork scratchings are an awesome compliment to beer. Goddam you Fourstar for making me drool at my computer!!!!

Cheers SJ

Well have you seen 'Crispy Roast Pork" in the windows of Cantonese/Chinese Resturants? It looks like that, just more blistered. :p

I will start a thread early next week when I land in Hanoi for my 3 week food adventure North to South in Vietnam.. That should rouse a few tastebuds! :icon_drool2:

Depart @ 5 past midnight this saturday morning, I can't wait! Sad thing is there is a 4 hour layover at Changi Airport (Singapore). I might have to starty blogging my food adventures from there instead! Last time i was there i was like 10, i had their hot n spicy KFC :ph34r: and it blew my mind. Ive so got to have it again, just one piece to see if it is what i remembered, then something decent! :p

You suck! Have a drink for me at the REX! Expensive but you have to do it! Pho in the morning for breakfast. Try the homebrew sitting on the little plastic chairs. i was there over 10 years ago and loved it. GB has being there twice this year and apparently theres a few micro brewerys over there now.

this is a picture of one of them

nha_trang.jpg

You suck! Have a drink for me at the REX! Expensive but you have to do it! Pho in the morning for breakfast. Try the homebrew sitting on the little plastic chairs. i was there over 10 years ago and loved it. GB has being there twice this year and apparently theres a few micro brewerys over there now.

this is a picture of one of them

Ah-ha! Thats the brewery in Nha Trang on the beach,awesome! App it was started up by a brewer from James Squire... i think its called Louisiane Brewhouse, i cant wait to go there. not to mention im dying of thirst for the 30cent bia Hoi! Nooiiiice! i think we may have already penciled a night in at the REX bar for drinks actually, will run it by SWMBO. i am planning on doing a Picasa photoblog and will link photos with where they where taken on google maps. Hopefully if i have time anyway.

Pho Bo with brisket for breakfast = awesome.

I cant wait for going out at night for dinner adn drinks and it costs no more than 10$ and a hangover worth remembering the next morning!

I was not a big drinker back then, but $5.00 put me on floor of the bathroom!

Sunday's dinner

Beef ribs cooked Moroccan style in the tagine for about 4 hours...

img_0990_small.jpg

Had the leftovers tonight. Yum.

Went to the Hervey Bay seafood festival this weekend after the bash at Andrew's place. It was more of a fish and chip festival with loads of deep fried stuff but a careful bit of haggling got these two seafood packs for $30. They also came with $20 worth of gift vouchers for seafood at the same place.
seafoodpacks.jpg

We later converted them into dinner:
seafooddinner.jpg
Excuse the gratuitous beer shots but we don't have a Dan Murphy's in my town so we bought a few.

The next day we went on the whale watch tour which was my wife's birthday present and saw stuff like this:
whalendolphin2.jpg

The seafood packs had also come with $20 worth of gift vouchers for seafood at their retail outlet but they closed at 4pm and we were doing an all day cruise so thought we were buggered. We made it back to the wharf at 3.45 and barrelled over to the fish co-op and scored loads of fresh whiting and garfish fillets and a few prawns as well. Not bad for $30 so it was seafood again last night when we got home.
fishnchips.jpg
I did the whiting and gar in flour egg and a bit of lemon pepper seasoning. The salad dressing my wife made. It is based on the Japanese goma dressing she makes it herself now as it is too hard to get up here. It has tahini, sesame oil, sugar,mirin,soy sauce,sake. Goes great on the shredded daikon.

oysters... Yum.... Im jealous now how blue is that water.

so when are you coming over to WA again Henno? LOL!

Murg Makhani (butter chicken), rice, rotis and poppodoms:

IMG_0031.JPG

and the vacuum cleaner:

IMG_0034.JPG

Cheers
Steve

My Daughter Verity helped me cook this.

Bumbu Rujak and vegies

ribsAndChicken_008.jpg

ribsAndChicken_009.jpg

Hi Paul,

I'd be really keen to find out where you got the pasilla and guajillo's?

Cheers,

schooey

I bought them at a spanish deli on Johnston st in Fitzroy called Casa Iberica - If you are coming from Punt Road you turn left into Johnston and drive a fair way down and you will see it on your right. It is a corner shop and ;if you are looking you cant miss it.

Oh and its got nothing to do with drinking that bottle of wine before hand whilst preparing/cooking? Eh, Eh? :D

What bottle of wine??? There is a bottle of beer in each picture but no wine!

I had the wine with the meal after the beers! :icon_cheers:

What bottle of wine??? There is a bottle of beer in each picture but no wine!

I had the wine with the meal after the beers! :icon_cheers:

sorry - looks like a bottle of wine :icon_cheers:

Back