What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first go, and not my last, at Chicken Bombs last night. Made a BBQ sauce with hot chilli sauce, an American hot sauce and BBQ sauce with some garlic crushed up on it and basted a few times while indirect cooking on the gas bbq.

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-bombs-499604

I didn't use breasts, but boned out drummies.

chickenbombs1.jpg

Next time i do these it will be with Chinese Ham and Chicken Rolls in mind, same garlic, fivespice and salt rub, but using the bacon to wrap instead of the spring roll pastry and using a chilli glaze instead of the BBQ sauce i made up last night.

Slow roast lamb. Lots of olive oil garlic oregano sage rosemary tyme pepper sweet paprika aand salt.

Before20130714_095807.jpg

Pics of roast 5hrs later will come..well in 5 hrs time :)

Done. Half veg cooking in pan juices half normal. Cant waiy for veggies to be done so I can make gravy.
20130714_144104.jpg

been a bit of a lull in this thread.

simple semi middle eastern dinner.

roasted asparagus and cherry tomatos with olive oil lemon juice (from the garden)
homemade spinach and ricotta triangles using a wholemeal pizza dough i made. lots of sumac. these were ace.
bbq corn cobs with butter.
simple cucumber yogurt salad (natural yogurt, garlic, mint,cucumber lemon juice). which was really good just dropped in the middle of the triangles.
20131117_173431 (1024x768).jpg

PS ignore the missus bottle of commercial cider. rest assured I had glass of my pale ale in hand.

Airgead said:
Suuuure you did.... http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/75701-the-official-commercial-cider-thread/#entry1104595

Those triangles look the biz. I usually do them with filo bit is such a pain in the arse to use that I don't do it much. Will have to give the pizza dough a try.

Cheers
Dave
smarty pants! those pics were from a dinner out with the missus. She had cider and I had Mt Goat and wine that night.

The pizza dough worked a treat although you have to get it thin or its almost a like a calzone. i had a few that were smaller and thinner and a few bigger and slightly thicker. all were damn good.

Back