What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
somehow missed this thread!

almost on the table....

lambroast.jpg

Nothing comes before a roast lamb dinner :icon_cheers:

droooool!

whats in the back left tray?

pizza oven roast lamb, i think you just won this round.

Ok I have not got a pizza oven... but Ill knock him off with my Roast Lamb and blueberry sauce!

Ok I have not got a pizza oven... but Ill knock him off with my Roast Lamb and blueberry sauce!
i think you've lost me katie. you got me over the line with your tofu and I can see pork and strawberry working well, but lamb and blueberry.... not sure

i think you've lost me katie. you got me over the line with your tofu and I can see pork and strawberry working well, but lamb and blueberry.... not sure

Its a match made in heaven CM2...... a bit of star anise chucked in also... The base is red wine so why wouldnt it work.

Lamb and coffee sauce is devine also!

When you are in Perth I can cook it for you....

Ahhh ok. Red wine base. I was imagining blue berry desert style sauce.

Different berries can work really well with Roo (used to work in a place that did roo with raspberry jus and sweet potato mash).

Sweet things like mint work well with lamb. It's a very small stretch.

A lemon lamb meringue on the other hand.............

Different berries can work really well with Roo (used to work in a place that did roo with raspberry jus and sweet potato mash).

Sweet things like mint work well with lamb. It's a very small stretch.

A lemon lamb meringue on the other hand.............

Roo with blackberries... That works really well.

Cheers
Dave

Pork and coffee is really nice too.

Can I get the recipe for this one mate?

My sister bought a big muddie in Sydney just after Christmas I think she said it was about $90 a kilo! Does that sound right?

Mine are a bit cheaper than that ;)

Here's the recipe I used.

Singapore Black Pepper Crab

Ingredients
3 tablespoons kecap manis
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 tablespoons castor sugar
1.5 - 2 kg Mud crab
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red chillis, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper, coarsely ground
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander seed
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh corriander

Directions
1. Put kecap manis, oyster sauce, sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl, stir, then set aside.
2. Clean and break down crab, crack claws
3. Heat the oil in a very large wok over high heat; add the crab pieces and stir fry in batches until the shell is bright orange and the meat almost. Remove and repeat until all is cooked.
4. Add the butter, ginger, garlic, chilli, black and white peppers and coriander to the wok; stir fry 30 seconds.
5. Add the sauce mixture and stir; bring to the boil, then simmer 2 minutes.
6. Return the crab to the wok and toss to coat in the sauce.

Cheers

Stu

Here's the recipe I used.

Singapore Black Pepper Crab

Ingredients
3 tablespoons kecap manis
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 tablespoons castor sugar
1.5 - 2 kg Mud crab
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red chillis, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper, coarsely ground
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander seed
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh corriander

Directions
1. Put kecap manis, oyster sauce, sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl, stir, then set aside.
2. Clean and break down crab, crack claws
3. Heat the oil in a very large wok over high heat; add the crab pieces and stir fry in batches until the shell is bright orange and the meat almost. Remove and repeat until all is cooked.
4. Add the butter, ginger, garlic, chilli, black and white peppers and coriander to the wok; stir fry 30 seconds.
5. Add the sauce mixture and stir; bring to the boil, then simmer 2 minutes.
6. Return the crab to the wok and toss to coat in the sauce.

Cheers

Stu

Oh my God that sounds good. Best I go put the pots back out.

Roast chicken and grapes are next....

Made a beef stog last night, slow cooked for 2 hours apparently it was beautiful. I wasnt hungry. Didnt get a photo!

Roast chicken and grapes are next....

Made a beef stog last night, slow cooked for 2 hours apparently it was beautiful. I wasnt hungry. Didnt get a photo!
i can do something with roast chook and grapes. thats not too hard to work with.

and tsk tsk for not tasting your food. a chef always has to taste it to make sure its ok.

spiced beef burritos tonight. nothing flash. quick easy and healthy. i pounded the beef, cut it razor thin and marinated it. flash fry and she'll be beautiful

i can do something with roast chook and grapes. thats not too hard to work with.

and tsk tsk for not tasting your food. a chef always has to taste it to make sure its ok.

spiced beef burritos tonight. nothing flash. quick easy and healthy. i pounded the beef, cut it razor thin and marinated it. flash fry and she'll be beautiful

I tasted it, just didnt eat it. I can tell if it's good by nose also! Im not a chef!

Burritos sound nice... we are having zuccini slice.

**** you are barred from this thread unless you provide pictures...

You may want to see pictures of CM2 pounding his beef but I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that experience yet...

You may want to see pictures of CM2 pounding his beef but I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that experience yet...

yeah i kinda misinterpreted what katie was saying then. Was it "do i need to show pictures of CM2 pounding meat" or "i cannot post until i show pictures of my food."

here is some pics of my pizza making from a few weeks ago if that helps katie. ;)

The hard work done on Australia Day! Man they where good! :icon_drool2:

Note to anyone with a hooded bbq that can get it up to 250deg.

- Get yourself a sandstone paver ($6 bucks at bunnings) and pop it on the grill and close the lid.
- Turn on all burners until you hit 250deg (and the stone is 250deg constant, most importantly).
- Turn off the burners below the stone and keep the ones to the side of it going while the pizzas cook @ 250deg~.
- Wait 10 mins and they are done!

Almost a near perfect environment for pizza making and the results are shown below. (Photos taken from my housemates bookface)

Working the dough into rounds before their final proof.

dough.jpg

SWMBO's pizza - Italian sausage meatballs, roasted capsicum, olives, prosciutto, goats cheese, basil and fior di latte

pizza.jpg

Leftovers pizza - Uber thin crust, everything SWMBO has w/ shalotts but forgot the basil

leftovers.jpg

Cheers! :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back