What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burritos sound nice... we are having zuccini slice.
that was last nights dinner. nothing worth taking a piccy for though

and in regards to pounded beef etc. disgusting people <_<

spiced beef burritos tonight. nothing flash. quick easy and healthy. i pounded the beef, cut it razor thin and marinated it. flash fry and she'll be beautiful
fresh homemade wrap, lovely homegrown tomato and lettuce, natural yoghurt a sprinkle of cheese and a little more chilli for me. fast, health and delicious.
IMG_0249.jpg

edit: oh and yes thats a full size dinner plate. the BIG burruito!

No photos because I feel weird taking pictures of my plate and posting it on the internet. Lady already thinks I'm an eccentric nerd.

Goat Curry.

1tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp Kofte Bahari
1 kg Goat pieces (on the bone)
3 hot chillies (or as many as you like)
1 turkish chilli
3 cloves garlic
Zest of 2 limes
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup red wine (because it was on hand)
1 red and 1 yellow capsicum
2 Large tomatoes
Fresh coriander
Fresh mint
Long grain rice
Plain yoghurt
Olive oil

GOAT:
Heat a dry pan till just hot. Add dry spices, stir quickly until fragrant. Do not burn. Remove from heat.
Add some oil to the pot and fry off chopped chillies, zest of 1 1/2 limes and chopped peeled garlic. Fry in oil till fragrant, deglaze with wine , remove from heat and add to spice mix. Allow to cool then massage over goat with some more olive oil. Marinade as long as you like (overnight is best, I was a bit rushed)

Heat oil in pot, season goat and fry off. When browned add a small amount of liquid (wine water or stock - I used wine and water) and tomatoes. When liquid starts to boil reduce heat, cover, simmer very gently for 60 minutes. Add chopped, deseeded capsicum pieces, cook out for further hour at low heat or until goat is falling away from bones (longer and slower is best - if you have the time stretch it to 3 or 4 hours). In last 20 miutes of cooking remove lid and allow any remaining liquid to reduce (should be some remaining but quite thick).

RICE:

Heat fry pan, add olive oil. Add rice to pan with remaining lime zest, season lightly and fry until you see the rice developing opacity. All grains should be lightly coated in oil. Toss or stir to ensure this. After 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add to either pot or rice steamer. Add usual amount of liquid (use hot if you can) whether stock or water and cook till just tender. Throw in a handful of chopped mint in the last 5 minutes of cooking.

To serve: Top curry with plenty of plain yoghurt and fresh chopped coriander and mint (what I did) . Alternatively zest 1 lemon, squeeze the lemon juice and add those to the yoghurt. Add chopped mint and 1/2 a finely chopped garlic clove, 1/4 very finely chopped chilli, salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly. Use to garnish curry then top with good amount of fresh coriander.

For those disappointed about the photo, it's kind of brown and green and meaty with some white stuff around.

No photos because I feel weird taking pictures of my plate and posting it on the internet. Lady already thinks I'm an eccentric nerd.

Goat Curry.

1tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp Kofte Bahari
1 kg Goat pieces (on the bone)
3 hot chillies (or as many as you like)
1 turkish chilli
3 cloves garlic
Zest of 2 limes
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup red wine (because it was on hand)
1 red and 1 yellow capsicum
2 Large tomatoes
Fresh coriander
Fresh mint
Long grain rice
Plain yoghurt
Olive oil

GOAT:
Heat a dry pan till just hot. Add dry spices, stir quickly until fragrant. Do not burn. Remove from heat.
Add some oil to the pot and fry off chopped chillies, zest of 1 1/2 limes and chopped peeled garlic. Fry in oil till fragrant, deglaze with wine , remove from heat and add to spice mix. Allow to cool then massage over goat with some more olive oil. Marinade as long as you like (overnight is best, I was a bit rushed)

Heat oil in pot, season goat and fry off. When browned add a small amount of liquid (wine water or stock - I used wine and water) and tomatoes. When liquid starts to boil reduce heat, cover, simmer very gently for 60 minutes. Add chopped, deseeded capsicum pieces, cook out for further hour at low heat or until goat is falling away from bones (longer and slower is best - if you have the time stretch it to 3 or 4 hours). In last 20 miutes of cooking remove lid and allow any remaining liquid to reduce (should be some remaining but quite thick).

RICE:

Heat fry pan, add olive oil. Add rice to pan with remaining lime zest, season lightly and fry until you see the rice developing opacity. All grains should be lightly coated in oil. Toss or stir to ensure this. After 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add to either pot or rice steamer. Add usual amount of liquid (use hot if you can) whether stock or water and cook till just tender. Throw in a handful of chopped mint in the last 5 minutes of cooking.

To serve: Top curry with plenty of plain yoghurt and fresh chopped coriander and mint (what I did) . Alternatively zest 1 lemon, squeeze the lemon juice and add those to the yoghurt. Add chopped mint and 1/2 a finely chopped garlic clove, 1/4 very finely chopped chilli, salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly. Use to garnish curry then top with good amount of fresh coriander.

For those disappointed about the photo, it's kind of brown and green and meaty with some white stuff around.

Come on ... the rules are PHOTO!

Your lady obviously loves you for being a nerd!

I have some left over. I'll see if I can dress it up pretty for the mobile phone photo.

Never been one to follow the rules to the letter though. Sometimes, if there's no-one looking and the little man is flashing red, I still cross the road. I even once did it without pressing the button at all.

Your imagination will surely tell you that recipe's a keeper?

I just cooked seafood gumbo. Mmmmmmm gumbo.

Fish, crab, octopus, squid, prawns. In a gumbo. Made with my secret cajun spice mix. With loads of Tabasco.

*burp*

No photos.. sorry.. we ate it before I could get the camera out.

Arrrgggghhh gumbo.
My old man was head chef at a creole Resturant in Perth for years... Fat Franks it was called. Oh the creole food we ate. God I love gumbo. The old man and me r going to Cajun country at some stage. Love the food.

Homemade Burger and a Porter

now_thats_a_burger.JPG

Homemade Custard tarts

Mums_44th.JPG

Some more shots of Brick oven foods..

DSC01940.JPG

DSC01944.JPG

DSC01946.JPG

Rob.

Awsome shots rob. Very jelous. Might have to alter the plans and built a wood oven somewhere in the backyard

Roosaggne (Kangaroo Lasagne)

small_IMG_1270.jpg

small_IMG_1271.jpg

The salad is a mix of Amaranth and Rocket with a dressing made from verjuice, lemon juice and basil infused olive oil.

Cheers
Dave

Cheeses from the dodgy "$15 bucks for all this? That's one parmesan, $6 in the shop etc. " man at the local markets.
All past, at or close to date, just when they are perfect :)

Slightly aged Meantime IPA to start with Cantillon Saint Lamvinicus to follow for end of dinner / desert

Meantime IPA, especially as fresh as you can, and good cheese, particularly Stilton, soft, or strong cheddar, or anything blue, is a great combination in my book.

cheesemycant.jpg

There are some really nice looking meals here, quite a few I will be trying too.

Here's a Hot Sri Lankan chicken curry we had last night, went down a treat with yellow rice, vegetable Dahl, cucumber and yogurt and a Prawn Madras curry as well.

srilankan_curry_003__800x600_.JPG

Andrew

well this is probably better off being in the hangover thread as its not gourmet food!

this was Sunday's 'working man' breakky.

massive tortilla, silverside, melted cheese, cooked mushrooms with pepper and salt and tiny bit of butter, 2 egg omlette, chives and lots of BBQ sauce.

lovely messy breakky :icon_drool2:

IMG_0250.jpg

There are some really nice looking meals here, quite a few I will be trying too.

Here's a Hot Sri Lankan chicken curry we had last night, went down a treat with yellow rice, vegetable Dahl, cucumber and yogurt and a Prawn Madras curry as well.

View attachment 35881

Andrew

Looks nice Andrew, can I have a look at your recipe? See if its similar to one I have at post 40 of this thread:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...31308&st=40
Cheers
Steve

Edit....and the prawn madras curry too please

I would like the recipe to Andrew looks like my kind dish! yum! how red is it!

I would like the recipe to Andrew looks like my kind dish! yum! how red is it!

Looks like the kinda red I like (sweet paprika). My Sri Lankan is more yellow (turmeric)

Looks good Dave you love your kanga! did you make a bechamel to go with that?

Yep. Roo was done in your traditional tomato bol style and was layered with the pasta and a cheese bechamel. Finished with a layer of bechamel and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese to give it a nice brown crust.

Cheers
Dave

Yep. Roo was done in your traditional tomato bol style and was layered with the pasta and a cheese bechamel. Finished with a layer of bechamel and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese to give it a nice brown crust.

Cheers
Dave

Hey Airgead,

Where do you get your roo?
My local butcher doesnt have it, but I work in Hornsby. Hopefully you get it somewhere local and you can point me in the right direction.

Gregor.

Gregor

Back