What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Katie, I'll get some yogurt and curry leaves and give that a go. However tonight the freshly killed Okra ended up in the following:

garden_produce__Large_.jpg

Herbed meatballs with garden veg and home made Passata, with buttered & Parmesan Polenta. And served with a Polenta Kiwi Pale Ale. Drink Polenta, eat Polenta :icon_chickcheers:

garden_produce_meal__Large_.jpg

Ok.. I've been really slack with the pictures recently...

Now, just to prove that I do cook things other than kangaroo...

Roasted rack of lamb with a grainy mustard and cream sauce.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

The missus made caramel pears to go with it...

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Salmon fillet with dijon mustard and brandy sauce

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

Pan fried barramundi served with coconut rice and a coconut cream and chilli sauce.

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

Beef satay (Jimmy's sauce cos I was feeling lazy)

IMG_1288.jpg

And finally, kangaroo (there had to be at least one kangaroo dish didn't there) rolled in falafel mix to crumb it then char grilled and served with falafel and garlic bread (turkish bread brushed with oil and crushed garlic then char grilled on the bbq)

IMG_1285.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Now.... this is going to drive folks wild.

It took me 2 min to prepare, 30 seconds to eat and was soooooooooo nice.

I call it the New Age Sausage Sandwhich.

Newagesausagesandwhich1728x1152.jpg

Left over sausage from weekend BBQ, slice of 99c loaf bread, marj, left over salad and a drizzle of 7 Pot death sauce.

The sauce not only burned the inside of my mouth, but my cheeks, and any other skin it contacted too.

I had 2 of them :)

cheers

Sorry for the crap iPhone photos. Nothing too fancy here, just good old fashioned yum over the last couple of weeks.

Brazillian Fish Stew - very nice

Fish ball noodle soup - a great lunch, with homegrown basil etc

'My Wife's Away' burger w/ chicken, rocket and aoli

Perfect BBQ King prawns, marinated in lime, chilli and garlic. They look dry, but they aint!

Rendang, to go with prawns

If I'm going to die of heart disease, chicken wings and nacho's will be the cause. I love making mexican from scratch, all good ingrediants, fresh and zinging with action. Love it.

A little lamb roast, parboiled the potato's, they roasted up nicely. I love spitted meats.

Cheers - Mike

Ive never cooked Brazillian Fish Stew! Recipe please?

Katie, it's quick and easy - very flavoursome. I didn't use prawns in the one above but usually do. Here's the guff via the SBS site:

5 medallions of white fish (eg. snapper) or 1 kg of prawns
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 red capsicum, sliced
5 tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger
400ml coconut milk
5 chillies, chopped
1 cup fish or vegetable stock
Juice of 2 limes
120ml dend oil (optional)
1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
1 bunch of coriander, chopped

Pirao
2 cups of fish stock
2 tbsp butter
2 cups semolina
Seasoning

Marinate the fish in the lemon juice with one clove of garlic and seasoning for at least half an hour.

Saut the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, red capsicum and tomatoes, until a sauce is formed. Pour over stock & coconut milk.

Add the fish, season with rock salt and simmer gently until cooked. If using a combination of white fish and prawns, add prawns later as they require less time to cook through.

Stir through chopped coriander.

Place in serving dish and squeeze over lime juice and sprinkle with spring onions and extra coriander leaves.

Drizzle over dend oil.
Serve with rice and pirao.

Pirao
Bring the stock to the boil
Add the butter and the semolina slowly, mixing well.
Cook on slow heat till desired consistency, season and serve with moqueca.

Cheers - Mike

Ill be cooking that soon. Looks good. Were did you find the dend oil???

We went shopping and stocked up on a bunch of South American foods - somewhere in Sth Wstn Sydney, can't remember (sorry). You're in Perth though, no?

We went shopping and stocked up on a bunch of South American foods - somewhere in Sth Wstn Sydney, can't remember (sorry). You're in Perth though, no?

Yeah Im in Perth... Ill look out for it! It looks essential!

Thanks for that! I post pictures once I make it!

love the look of the fish ball soup..... must be the basil and chilli thats opened my eyes!

I love making mexican from scratch, all good ingrediants, fresh and zinging with action. Love it. Cheers - Mike
homemade mole sauce :icon_drool2: (link for those who dont know what mole is) authentic mexican is very healthy and full of flavour. not the old elpaso crap we are lead to beleive it authentic. its like their beer, they dont drink corona, they drink things like Negra Modelo mixed with lemon or lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and Tabasco. :icon_drool2:

sorry no pics. but i will take some when i make 'Cowboy Pot Roast', chuck beef cooked with onion/mole gravy. all in 1 pot. tender as and :icon_drool2: and use the nego mole ie with chocolate.

Pies? Pies? Who ate all the pies..............

Great way to use leftovers. These were filled with marinara and Afghani Lamb (not together!).

Cheers - Mike

sorry no pics. but i will take some when i make 'Cowboy Pot Roast', chuck beef cooked with onion/mole gravy. all in 1 pot. tender as and :icon_drool2: and use the nego mole ie with chocolate.

cm, looking forward to hearing about this. Give it its own thread.
Cheers
Steve

Thanks Katie, I'll get some yogurt and curry leaves and give that a go. However tonight the freshly killed Okra ended up in the following:

Bribie, Do you mean you will go outside and pick some curry leaves or did you mean you would go and procure some? If you need some let me know and I'll bring them along to Babb's meet on Thuirsday.

HD

Fish again.

Not a bad effort considering I was in bed all that day sick as a dog. The missus comes in and says " I bought ocean trout for dinner and I don't think I know how to cook it..."

Sprinkled with cumin seeds. Pan fried then served with yellow zucchini fried with garlic. Onion couscous and a sauce made from brandy, preserved lemon, cumin, coriander seed and cultured cream.

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

What I could taste of it through my head cold was lovely.

Cheers
Dave

P.S.. duck breast for dinner tonight...mmmmm

Damn that was good.

Duck breast (bought at a farmers market today.. it was quacking yesterday.. beautifully fresh) rubbed with star anise, salt and pepper

IMG_1293.jpg

Pan fried to beautiful pinkness

IMG_1294.jpg

Served with garlic rice, wilted Asian greens (with a touch of soy and black vinegar to counteract the sweet/oiliness of the duck and sauce) and served with an anise and orange sauce.

IMG_1295.jpg

Yum.

Cheers
Dave

SeansWedding_094.jpg

Not the best presentation.... but yummy

Porterhouse with green peppercorn sauce

Back