Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Sully what's this crap about you wanting to take me to the Wickham afterwards?? :ph34r: :lol:

Chappo

Guys,

It's looking like I'll also join you this arvo for a few.

I can get there around 4:00pm.

Cheers

mossy

Hey Sully what's this crap about you wanting to take me to the Wickham afterwards?? :ph34r: :lol:

Chappo

I thought you wanted to visit your old stomping ground...

Looks like Sully and I are gunna be there from about 3pm onwards so if anyone else wants to drop in your welcome to.

I will be the really, really good looking guy at the end of the bar standing next to some derro messy mungrel that has a dribbling problem. :icon_drool2:

Chappo

My presence will grace this fine evening too. I shall be the distinguished gentleman at the bar contemplating Freudian Philosophy while drinking glorious amber nectar from my diamond encrusted chalice.

In other words, I'll be the guy at the bar getting pissed and talking shit... :icon_drunk:

I too will try and get there at 4ish for one or 2 swifties before I head home.

In other words, I'll be the guy at the bar getting pissed and talking shit... :icon_drunk:

Actually thats Chappo. And the pissed guy at the bar drinking from a 15L plastic container is Sully.

After a great selection at the German club on Saturday, we rolled around to the Platform mid afternoon and got a couple of tasting paddles from that tap selections and had a well informed young guy give us some tasting notes. Got into the stone & wood, LCS and the SCB Dunkle (nice) afterward until SWMBO cracked the sh*ts and had to head home - a good day out :) .

Wasn't able to get there Friday as I had to work until 5 when I got a call from a very sick Mrs. :icon_vomit: :(.

Sounds like a good day out Winkle!

I was in there yesterday too winkle, was that you lot near the bar? The SCB dunkleweizen was a top drop. My other half didn't crack the shits until the barking flamingo blew dry.

I was in there yesterday too winkle, was that you lot near the bar? The SCB dunkleweizen was a top drop. My other half didn't crack the shits until the barking flamingo blew dry.

Yeah, we were near the bar until almost dark o'clock. :icon_cheers:

...glad you liked it mate, hope it was worth the wait...

Cheers
Scott
SCB

Awesome news that the Flamingo is dead!!!

Also it was great to meet everyone on Friday arvo. Have to make a habit of it.

I'd still like to know how it was so easy to pick which of us where the AHB guys...

Good beers, good company, even it was brief.

I enjoyed the Stimulus IPA and even the Barking Flamingo to a point. I still think they could have done it a lot better...

Much better beer than where my mates were. Bottles of James Squire at least but they tasted pretty old, or maybe just no good after the Stimulus :)

I tried the Burleigh Brewing Big Head no carb beer too.
Carbs = flavour... It was awful. And that was even with my drunk palate on...

The way I knew was the description that Chappo gave - table near the register.

Oh and the way everyone was staring at the beer, licking the glasses and talking beer talk.

Update:

Stone and Wood Draught Ale
JS Golden Ale
JS Sundowner Lager
JS Amber Ale
Wicked Elf Pilsner
LC Rogers
Hoegaarden (sp?)
Not sure of number 8???

so bad news is no Simulus IPA and no more SCB Dunkel

Few new bottled beers though..if you wallet is too heavy try the Singh Stout.........

Just say about 5 cartons of JS Hop Thief being delivered to the platform.

I'm interested to see what this release is like.

The question mark beer is JS Pilsner...so now it's like the JS brewpub!!!

Latest posts

Back