Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Munich Dunkel

Right on the upper limits of colour according to the BJCP.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalty.

Munich II, melanoidin and carafa. WLP833 :chug:

Shite photo, tasty beer.
dunkel3.jpg

looks awesome B)

i'm considering 0.200 melanoidin in a vienna, too much ?

cheers

Dave

Ahhh DrS........... fantastic looking beer and a great style.

Going to get myself another bag of munich and brew one of these up for the winter.

And thanks for the reminder........ off to order some 833! Perfect for a winter lagers. Dunkel, a bock and an Oktoberfect coming back into warmer weather!

cheers

I've used 500g of melanoidin in a dusseldorf alt before (20L batch) and it was ballsy but still an easy drinker.

The dunkel has 250g in a 19L batch.

Tony - all out of WLP833. My fave lager yeast by a long way (and my fave lager style). Will be getting some again soon without a doubt. All my lagers end up so malty using this yeast. Since scoring a sample off TDA i havent used another!

Yeah me and TDA have been spruking this yeast since before we even found AHB....... Its great in a Schwarzbier too if mashed cool.......... and AWSOME in a CAP!

A left over bottle of the BABBS Wild Brew. tasting pretty good although it will age alot better.

P1030844.JPG

P1030851.JPG

Aussie Mild
That looks mighty tasty Brad, is that the one from Chappos (memory seems to think you did one there).
I had a bit of luck today, after getting back from Brewhaus #2 I discovered that my Bisayan Maputi (jungle wit) has finally got its act together & is now tasting great!
Photo tomorrow if I can find some batteries.

That looks mighty tasty Brad, is that the one from Chappos (memory seems to think you did one there).
I had a bit of luck today, after getting back from Brewhaus #2 I discovered that my Bisayan Maputi (jungle wit) has finally got its act together & is now tasting great!
Photo tomorrow if I can find some batteries.

Yeah Winkle thats is the watered down version of the Aussie Old. This one was watered down from 1062 to 1040 and fermented on the 1469. Was a bit astringent in the first week but has come good this week.
Just kegged the full strength version tonight 1062 with a FG of 1012 on 1882, tasting rather nice out of the fermenter too.

A BIG thankyou to Ross for his Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale recipe. One of the best beers ive brewed so far. 10 days in primary at 18 degrees followed by 3 days at 2 degrees, polyclar for around 6 hours (normally i only add 15-20 mins before filtering), filtered to the keg, carbed and is the brightest beer ive ever made! aroma is amazing for a no chill beer. From memory i dry hopped 30gm of Nelson Sauvin on day 3 on primary. Once again, thanks Ross!

My IIPA from the NSW Easter 2010 Special Case Swap

8.5%, 100IBU of Southern Cross, Pacific Gem and D-Saaz

IMAGE_014.jpg

This is my first beer back from a 6 month and a bit hiatus. I was spurred along by my girlfriend to get back into brewing...

It is meant to be an APA and is tasting pretty good, but I may have been (very) heavy handed with the dry hopping. Missed all my marks as I had a few keen helpers along, with one too many beers in hand, but this is how it turned out. Not the clearest beer, might have to buy that filter soon.

Brewing four other batches this week in prep for the dry season...

P4120025.JPG

Looks great. How is it tasting?

IMHO bloody terrific, big bitterness upfront that then balances out as the maltiness comes thru. Biggest beer I've ever done and I'm very happy with end result. Only disappointing thing is I only ended up with 17lt and with 14 bottles going in the swap I've only got about 6 left.

The Bisayan Maputi (or Jungle Wit) I was waffling on about before
jungle.jpg
if you like the flavour of calamansi's/pandan/ginger etc you should like this. Naturally now its really hits its straps, there is about 1 litre left :angry: .

Hefe - Next time I reckon ill aerate less and slightly underpitch for some more banana. Im picking up banana and clove in aroma, but only clove and slight phenolic alc? in the taste. Still goes down well though :icon_cheers:

Hefeweizen.JPG

Latest posts

Back