Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to celebrate our first anniversary we cracked a bottle of the beer that we brewed the day before at potters.
heres the two glasses (we were in a hotel so we had to make do)
IMG_3388.jpg

heres swmbo enjoying it with me.
IMG_3392.jpg

after getting home tonight opened a 2 yr old bottle of what i made to be a duval clone.
IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

might enter it as a dark strong in the next comp.

A NZ Summer Wheat - 3kg Dark Wheat, 1kg BB Galaxy

BSaaz FWH and @ 20 (15g each)...

NZ_Wheat.jpg

Saluting the new addition to the family.... She arrived yeasterday :), not yet named (SWMBO says beer names are out :()

puppy.jpg

hey nick b that looks like a bock to me.

Just saw your response Ross... I'm definitely calling the next male we get Porter :)

Cheers

My Old Aged Old

Some nice plum and raisin flavours coming through.
Its two months old now. Plan is to sample one every two months until they're a year old.
I dont bottle usually, but this is one of those times where I enjoy it.
Very nice old ale / porter.
Should be a good winter beer.

P4022898.JPG

IMO an old ale needs to be at least 12 months old to even consider drinking it.

Mine didnt win any awards till it was 2 years old and i finnished off the last bottle at about 3.5 years old.

I have one fermenting now and will bottle it, and forget it for at least 12 months before even tasting!

cheers

There's been a bit of private discussion about my Hobgoblin clone of late so I thought I'd better post a pic.
Fuggles & Styrian Goldings combo combined with Maris Otter, Brown Malt, Chocolate malt with 300ml caramelised & powered along with 1469 West Yorkshire Ale. Not too bad at all I must say even if I'm biased. :lol: :icon_drool2:

Dammit! I love these Pommy beers. :super:

T
0113_Mirkwood_Hobgoblin.JPG

Had a smallish slurp of that when I was up Pete's place the other week and can recommend. :beerbang:

There's been a bit of private discussion about my Hobgoblin clone of late so I thought I'd better post a pic.
Fuggles & Styrian Goldings combo combined with Maris Otter, Brown Malt, Chocolate malt with 300ml caramelised & powered along with 1469 West Yorkshire Ale. Not too bad at all I must say even if I'm biased. :lol: :icon_drool2:

T
View attachment 36893

Looks a bit dark for a Hobgoblin

T
View attachment 36893

Gorgeous looking beer TP

Love the Hobgoblin. :icon_drool2:

The beer looks fantabulous

The table on the other hand :icon_vomit:

Looks a bit dark for a Hobgoblin

Did a side by side Batz. Not saying mine is the perfect clone pictorially or otherwise but perhaps it seems darker because of the camera angle????
Plenty of ruby notes when held up to the light & was purposely made darker for this (3rd) attempt.
IMHO it's a very nice beer & as close as I can get until the next fine tune. B)
Welcome back from the (Month-long) dead mate. :lol:

T

Did a side by side Batz. Not saying mine is the perfect clone pictorially or otherwise but perhaps it seems darker because of the camera angle????
Plenty of ruby notes when held up to the light & was purposely made darker for this (3rd) attempt.
IMHO it's a very nice beer & as close as I can get until the next fine tune. B)
Welcome back from the (Month-long) dead mate. :lol:

T

It was just a little dig at you mate, the old "bit dark for a pale ale" joke.

Yes nice to be back on the farm Pete, it's still fairly damp but I'm going to have to do some tractor work tomorrow before we disappear under the grass.

Batz

It was just a little dig at you mate, the old "bit dark for a pale ale" joke.Yes nice to be back on the farm Pete, it's still fairly damp but I'm going to have to do some tractor work tomorrow before we disappear under the grass.

Batz

My suspicions have been confirmed. :lol:

T

Munich Dunkel

Right on the upper limits of colour according to the BJCP.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalty.

Munich II, melanoidin and carafa. WLP833 :chug:

Shite photo, tasty beer.
dunkel3.jpg

Back