Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roggenbier.

Was supposed to be 5.2% but got 4.2% so its a bit bitter.

Bloody nice though :)

Roggenbier_mar101152x1728.jpg

nice one Tony, mine (not much left in the keg now) is drinking beautifully atm B)

cheers

Dave

This one's the ludicrously hopped Amarillo one. I'm quite getting used to these Yank hops.
Never thought I'd see the day :) I love most hop flavours actually, just like the fact that I enjoy most beer varieties. Amarillo and Simcoe are my favourite US hops, with Cascade and Chinook coming in a close 2nd and 3rd.

img_0105__Modified_.jpg

My latest Belgian ale, it's taken over a month to come good but smooth drinking now. My first time using inverted sugar, it certainly dried it out a reasonable amount but still packed full of flavour.

Rye ESB
Nice spiceness from the Rye backed up by the caramel and crystal

Very happy with this one.

View attachment 36504

Ben , you do this to a man on Wednesday, still two days to go to beerday. That looks sooo good. Had a fresh (latest batch) of Sunshine Coast Brewery's Rye ESB last Friday. That beer blows me away always has. This latest batch is awesome, newage yes and not exactly to style but...................has got to be up there in the top 5% of best beers by Aussie Micro's no sweat.

It's now available in bottles, have some in the fridge for Friday and you post this pic :angry: ;)

Cheers

Screwy

Ben , you do this to a man on Wednesday, still two days to go to beerday. That looks sooo good. Had a fresh (latest batch) of Sunshine Coast Brewery's Rye ESB last Friday. That beer blows me away always has. This latest batch is awesome, newage yes and not exactly to style but...................has got to be up there in the top 5% of best beers by Aussie Micro's no sweat.

It's now available in bottles, have some in the fridge for Friday and you post this pic :angry: ;)

Cheers

Screwy
Glad to hear it is there again.
I'll be up there this weekend so I might have to try and drop in for supplies and to get a sample for a side by side to see how different mine is. Purely for research purposes of course :)
Wasn't aiming for a clone as such, just something inspired by.
I also rate this beer as one of my favourite Aussie commercials.

Nice yard. You filtering now? What % of rye are you up to on the roggens? Found a sweet spot or still pushing all limits of hell?

reVox

Gday mate,

no filtering, just koppafloc, no secondary ever, just cc in the primary for a week after it's done at about 3*C seems to be doing the trick

this roggen is just over 40%, i shot JZ an email about the 100% rye and maybe trying it again, he gave me a couple of tips that i could give a go so you never know, might have another crack at it :eek:

cheers

My APA with home grown Chinook and Cascade, simply spectacular!

IMG_0211__Modified__2__.JPG

Very smooth to drink, subdued compared to the true US varieties but still very flavoursome.

My English pale ale.....

english_ale.jpg

I use this glass, 'cause after a few everything looks like this so you might as well get used to it from the start! :lol:

Besides what else can you use a Corona for? :super:

Nice looking beer Thomas. Hope it tastes as good as it looks? :icon_cheers:
Care to show us the other side of that glass? I'm intrigued. In another hour it should look straight up & down to me. :p

T

Nice looking beer Thomas. Hope it tastes as good as it looks? :icon_cheers:
Care to show us the other side of that glass? I'm intrigued. In another hour it should look straight up & down to me. :p

T

I'll take some more photos in the morning, basically it's a Corona Lite <shudder> bottle that has been re-worked (by me) at a hot glass studio when I was in the US last year. I mean really what else can you use any Corona product for? ;)

edit: Oh yeah, that beer is just tooooo good, all too easy to inhale by the bottle, smooth blend of malt and hops (fuggles and goldings) with just a hint of breadiness.....

I'll take some more photos in the morning, basically it's a Corona Lite <shudder> bottle that has been re-worked (by me) at a hot glass studio when I was in the US last year. I mean really what else can you use any Corona product for? ;)

edit: Oh yeah, that beer is just tooooo good, all too easy to inhale by the bottle, smooth blend of malt and hops (fuggles and goldings) with just a hint of breadiness.....

TP, I posted some photos of the glass (and it's bro) here.

I'm in the throws of building the kit required to make some more.....

Breakfast beers on the Deck with Batz....

1x Aussie Old Ale & 2x NZ Wheat

beersondeck.jpg

Cheers!

Back