Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helles and an Irish Red

100_2880.jpg

cheers

Dave

Thats one incredible looking beer Fourstar!

unfortunatly it doesnt taste as good as it looks! :rolleyes:

Needs abit more malt backbone and @ 4.3% its got a thinish body would could be due to the extended mash time and falling temperatures. I think the caraaroma we used instead of dark crystal detracts from the base malts somewhat. eitherway its a good quaffer. :beerbang:

My citra APA. My bro and I were just sitting there drinking one arvo and the sun started beaming through the door and through our beers. they looked amazing, such a wicked orange hue to it.

DSC00857.JPG

Looks bloody lovely Pete! I've been meaning to do another Irish Red for a long time.... on the 'To Brew' list for sure now!

Cheers

Golden Ale. Inspired by Dr S's Golden Ale with different malts, hopping schedule and SO4. My best beer so far.

103_0901.JPG

103_0902.JPG

Cheers, John.

American Cream Ale - kilo of maize (polenta) and a touch of Galena hops. Wyeast 1056 Ale

CreamAleMedium.jpg

Getting a bit cold in the evenings for something like this, but very smoooth.

American Cream Ale - kilo of maize (polenta) and a touch of Galena hops. Wyeast 1056 Ale
Getting a bit cold in the evenings for something like this, but very smoooth.

Niiiiiice! :icon_drool2:

Atleast its not consistently sub 15deg like its been here in Mexico recently.

I need a cream ale/CAP soon me thinks!

Just improved my Smoked Schwarzbier (To my taste anyway) by upping the Bairds Peated to 500g. :icon_drool2:
The rest of the recipe remains the same although lack of head retention this time around may be due to the 20 minute Protien Rest at 52 deg c now dropped back to my usual 10 minutes? Anyone care to comment on head retention?
0115_Saltair_Smoked_Schwarzbier.JPG

TP

Pete you are a bloody brewing machine :eek:

Don't like smoke in my beer but that Irish you posted looked yummy. When you come down to inspect my new brauhaus we'll have to do an Irish Red on the day.

Just improved my Smoked Schwarzbier (To my taste anyway) by upping the Bairds Peated to 500g. :icon_drool2:
The rest of the recipe remains the same although lack of head retention this time around may be due to the 20 minute Protien Rest at 52 deg c now dropped back to my usual 10 minutes? Anyone care to comment on head retention?
View attachment 37873

TP

i'm a big schwarz fan TP, wouldn't mind a look at the recipe or a couple of tips, beer looks great btw :icon_cheers:

cheers

Dave

Yes I will comment. I have suffered from poor head retention since i got married.

You poor bugger :( Never had that problem myself. Perhaps we should swap missus's :lol:

Grantw,
Already got 0.400Kg wheat in there. Might drop Protien Rest altogether next time just to compare.

Yardy,
Perhaps as a sweetner for an invite to Bundy?

TP

You poor bugger :( Never had that problem myself. Perhaps we should swap missus's :lol:
Grantw,
Already got 0.400Kg wheat in there. Might drop Protien Rest altogether next time just to compare.
Yardy,
Perhaps as a sweetner for an invite to Bundy?
TP

Was the head retention terrible with a 20 min rest? Could also try a higher hopping rate and use a lower alpha hop. hop oils will increase the formation.

Back