Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking maybe Munich II, in place of the I, looks good all the same. Like to see it in a big JS glass :super:

Screwy
Screwy

I did end up using Munich II - The only Crystal I had was Carared which is where I think I missed out - 400 Grams of Caramunich II instead would take the EBC from 21 to 28 - which would sort the Colour out.

My glass collection is woeful - I need to address this.

RM

My first lager. Been conditioning for a while now, along with filtering.

Recipe Linky

DSCN3678.JPG

DSCN3680.JPG

My fig/Mixed berry lambic. Clarity is shot as I shook it up...
An intense beer this one. The slight sweetness of the fig is fast blown away by the funky aroma and the sour finish.
Very proud to have made this.

View attachment 38012

Looks great Ben, hope you'll bring a sampler to BABBs.
And your glass survived the evening @ Platform..., mine, alas, did not quite make it home ("missed it but that much") :angry: .

My first lager. Been conditioning for a while now, along with filtering.

Recipe Linky

View attachment 38143

View attachment 38144

I don't think its clear enough.... :eek: top work.

Only shot I've taken of any of my beers for a while...a kit beer, something I've taken to do doing to build up a yeast cake for real beer ;)

Can of Coopers lager, 1056, loaded with Chinese Marco Polo (tastes like Columbus)...happy with it seeing no real effort went into it.

SNC00214.jpg

Looks great Ben, hope you'll bring a sampler to BABBs.
And your glass survived the evening @ Platform..., mine, alas, did not quite make it home ("missed it but that much") :angry: .

The trick Winkle was to get more than 1...

Oh well.
Miserable day today, time for the seasonal Smoked Robust Porter.

Srp.jpg

Yum.

WSell its been a while but im back with a computer..... even it it does outdate life itsself, but it works better than nothing!

Here is my Aussie Pale ale i have on tap at the moment.

I started weighing the grain and ran out of GOlden Promise so i went to Pils, ran out of that and added about 10% wheat, hopped with POR flowers with 1/2g / L at 10 min. US-05... yada yada.

Anyway... its so slose to Coopers pale ale its not funny. actually very close to Tooheys New but much better. Im quite enjoying it actually.

AussiePaleAle.jpg

Can you say Clear!

AussiePaleAleclarity.jpg

cheers

And i found several bottles of Saison i made last winter while i was in PNG. I completly forgot about them.

Well they are great... i must say!

this was the second half of the bottle, hence the floties.

I just got a fresh pack of the BElgian Saison strain and will brew one beside the fireplace this winter.

Cant wait but wait i will :rolleyes:

Saison1152x1728.jpg

Pinto Plumpkin ale.

A bit to light on the spices and non-existent pumpkin flavour/aroma but tasty all the same.

IMG_3944.jpg

Finings method comparo. Both beers have a similar grain bill - on the left is a NZ Hallertau Lager - gelatined on cold crashing then Polyclar 2 days before kegging. On the right my American Cream Ale, with isinglass only on cold crashing. Cold crashed for around 10 days. On the KISS principle my Polyclar days may be over but lets see how the next few brews go.

finingscomparoLarge.jpg

My Award Winning* 'Take Your Pils'

View attachment 37933

Love this beer, drinking beautifully, will up the bitterness just a shade next brew however!

*1st Place, Pilsener Category, Kingaroy Regional Show 2010....And no matter how small the win, I'm milking this baby for all she's worth :p

Cheers!

Awe... jeeze nick that looks fantastic. I just stumbled upon thread following Bribie's gelatin spin off. (Squeeze those teats baby, mothers milk?)Well done on taking the prize. Description? Recipe? On data base? :icon_cheers:
Daz

Edit: Nice looking beers too Bribie. If that's the Hal lager you gave me it does taste as good as it looks. Nice....You've done it again. :beerbang:

Imperial Landlord(tm)

Has the 3 hops from my regular Landlord but with the volume turned up to 11.

OG 1.082, IBU 75.

Dangerously drinkable and i kegged it rather than bottled :party:

imperiallandlord3.jpg

Imperial Landlord(tm)

Has the 3 hops from my regular Landlord but with the volume turned up to 11.

OG 1.082, IBU 75.

Dangerously drinkable and i kegged it rather than bottled :party:

imperiallandlord3.jpg
I am loving the looks of that one Dr S!

:chug: :icon_drool2:

Image0005.jpg

My sparkling ale a day early but who cares its good i can see myself getting shitfaced on this quite easy.

103_0936.JPG

My late night drunken attempt at another Hefe. Brewed this for my daughter's 18th. Stuffed up my water calcs and bad eff means this is about 3.8%. First pour, very fresh and it's actually drinking really nicely. Dry and crisp, with decent mouthfeel for a mid strength. I got the banana I was looking for :icon_drool2: :ph34r:

That Bitter looks the goods Pete :icon_cheers: .
The ol' table needs a new coat of paint though. :p

Latest posts

Back