Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the head retention terrible with a 20 min rest? Could also try a higher hopping rate and use a lower alpha hop. hop oils will increase the formation.

Wouldn't say the head retention was "Terrible" but not all I wanted it to be Fourstar. :) I have been having problems with my head retention on & off for a while now & will forget about a Protien Rest for my next Schwarzer just to see.
Maybe I should blame the missus for my problem because, after all, she washes the glasses. :lol:
Where would a post in this thread be without a pic so here's a repeat of my Roggenbier :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: the 2nd of which has just been kegged.
0099_Red_Ryder_Roggenweizen.JPG

TP

Wouldn't say the head retention was "Terrible" but not all I wanted it to be Fourstar. I have been having problems with my head retention on & off for a while now & will forget about a Protien Rest for my next Schwarzer just to see.
Maybe I should blame the missus for my problem because, after all, she washes the glasses. :lol:
Where would a post in this thread be without a pic so here's a repeat of my Roggenbier the 2nd of which has just been kegged.
TP

That post just made me moist in the loins! Rye... :icon_drool2:

Time to fill up my 1L stein with the crappy partigyle in the previous page. The older it gets the worse it seems to be. The question im asking myself is why ive entered it into the British Ales comp for next week! :blink: Curiosity killed the cat me thinks.

a link that might help. :icon_cheers:

http://www.byo.com/stories/article/indices...5-fabulous-foam
EDIT: oh! a picture, i forgot.. a pic of my Dark Irish Mahogany. I got the Roast Barley mixed up in beersmith and ended up making the recipe with too much for an irish Red and the colour is shot, flavour is awesome though! hoping it goes well in the British ales comp. Was recieved well at the mini club comp. one bloke gave it 43.5/50!

DSC_0441.jpg

That post just made me moist in the loins! :icon_drool2:

Time to fill up my 1L stein with the crappy partigyle in the previous page. The older it gets the worse it seems to be. The question im asking myself is why ive entered it into the British Ales comp for next week! :blink: Curiosity killed the cat me thinks.

a link that might help. :icon_cheers:

http://www.byo.com/stories/article/indices...5-fabulous-foam
EDIT: oh! a picture, i forgot.. a pic of my Dark Irish Mahogany. I got the Roast Barley mixed up in beersmith and ended up making the recipe with too much for an irish Red. hoping it goes well in the British ales comp. Was recieved well at the mini club comp. one bloke gave it 43.5/50!

Cheers for the link Fourstar. Will study it at depth after watching those sad cockroaches terminally destruct trying to find a team to beat the MIGHTY QUEENSLANDERS. in the SOO to come. :icon_cheers:

TP

Wouldn't say the head retention was "Terrible" but not all I wanted it to be Fourstar. :) I have been having problems with my head retention on & off for a while now & will forget about a Protien Rest for my next Schwarzer just to see.
Where would a post in this thread be without a pic so here's a repeat of my Roggenbier :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: the 2nd of which has just been kegged.
View attachment 37876

TP

I might be pissed Pete, but why has your glass got tits???

Off to drink La Terrible to see if it has a problem

Yardy,
Perhaps as a sweetner for an invite to Bundy?

TP

no problem mate, see if you can get that soft fitter to come up with you :icon_cheers:

roggen looks great, no carafa for colour ?

cheers

Young's Special Bitter clone, from Wheeler's new(est) book.
Quite a bit of hop flavour, somewhat fruity with balancing malt and late bitterness.
Served too cold to be sessionable.
Carbonation is quite low, yet a good tight creamy head from the (Brumby) sparkler tap.
The results are good, as it's the first time I brewed this one.
About 4.5 % alc/vol.
Young__s_Special_bitter_clone.jpg

Dry stout pic to come, as it's my other beer on tap at the moment.

Aussie Pale Ale. 3rd brew. Went back to Kit and bits with this one and it's not a bad drop! The Coopers Australian Pale Ale tin is quite good to add to really.

IMG_1557.jpg

My Award Winning* 'Take Your Pils'

Take_Your_Pils.jpg

Love this beer, drinking beautifully, will up the bitterness just a shade next brew however!

*1st Place, Pilsener Category, Kingaroy Regional Show 2010....And no matter how small the win, I'm milking this baby for all she's worth :p

Cheers!

View attachment 37933

Love this beer, drinking beautifully, will up the bitterness just a shade next brew however!

*1st Place, Pilsener Category, Kingaroy Regional Show 2010....And no matter how small the win, I'm milking this baby for all she's worth :p

Cheers!

Looks excellent & well done Nick. :super:
Will it be on tap for your forthcoming brewday?

TP

LOL, thanks Pete! Brewday is still up in the air, and it's likely this particular keg will blow in the next couple of glasses... :)

Cheers

ferg__s_iphone_071.jpg
The ESB that i made , based on Ross' recipe...
Just blew the keg...
Must make this again soon...was lovely...
And i have put a bottle into Melb Brewers British Ale comp next week....
Cheers
Ferg

Mildura Mild. I bastardised warrenlw63's "just a trickle" recipe from the DB.

Looks great. Can't believe how clear this is. No finings/polyclar/filtering needed with 1187 it seems.

Taste though is a little dry. I will mash higher next time i reckon.

Overall very happy with this one.

IMG_5389__Large_.jpg

My fig/Mixed berry lambic. Clarity is shot as I shook it up...
An intense beer this one. The slight sweetness of the fig is fast blown away by the funky aroma and the sour finish.
Very proud to have made this.

fig_berry_lambic.jpg

View attachment 37933

Cheers!

Looks great NickB, milk it, milk it, any win is a confidence booster

My JSAA Clone Attempt

I missed the target on most fronts - OG/FG/Colour/IBU's but in all not a bad attempt (IIDSSM) - probably the standout is how dry the finished product is (1.007) makes it a very defined beer - all the flavours are very obvious - almost chiseled. I will definitely give it another shot - next attempt - OG lower (1.048) - FG the same - more Crystal (dark) for a little bit of sweet to counter the very dry and some more colour - more Willamette late - less bittering hop. Only minor tweaks.

Thanks to Screwtop for the recipe advice.

:beer:

RM

PICT0002.jpg

My JSAA Clone Attempt

I missed the target on most fronts - OG/FG/Colour/IBU's but in all not a bad attempt (IIDSSM) - probably the standout is how dry the finished product is (1.007) makes it a very defined beer - all the flavours are very obvious - almost chiseled. I will definitely give it another shot - next attempt - OG lower (1.048) - FG the same - more Crystal (dark) for a little bit of sweet to counter the very dry and some more colour - more Willamette late - less bittering hop. Only minor tweaks.

Thanks to Screwtop for the recipe advice.

:beer:

RM

View attachment 38067

Thinking maybe Munich II, in place of the I, looks good all the same. Like to see it in a big JS glass :super:

Screwy

Latest posts

Back