Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The galatic Imperium

View attachment 31809

Very tasty and the wheels are falling off my waggon, I'll go to bed after rage plays one good song - promise.

I'll go to bed after rage plays one good song - promise.

Not likely on a Sat night! All the good stuff is on Fridays........ Beer looks tops though :)

Cheers

No pic here either Screwy just hoping your current problems disappear ASAP & that you rock on health & beerwise as per usual.

Screwy
Brother in law in Sydney had similar to you and same procedure. That's seven years ago and new lease on life, goes sailing on the Pittwater and just replaced every window in his house with double glazing whilst suspended off a hire crane .. he's 73 :eek:
******* runs rings around me.'

Many happy years ahead mate. :beerbang:

OT: So I'll make it quick. Thanks boys, bit of a setback with pleuricy last week, but thats cleared up after more drugs and am really firing on all cylinders now. Only a few more weeks now and I can have a beer again, have to cut down somewhat, but for me it's all about the colour, flavour and aroma so no biggie. Strangely it's the brewing that I miss. Trying this, trying that, testing and tasting the results. I have the brewing bug soooooo bad.

Cheers,

Screwy

You 'll be back into it in no time Screwy, glad to here things are on the up mate . A lot of us brewers wouldn't be where we are today without your enthusiasm and assistance Mike, Big cheers from me mate.

:beer:
Brett

OT: So I'll make it quick. Thanks boys, bit of a setback with pleuricy last week, but thats cleared up after more drugs and am really firing on all cylinders now. Only a few more weeks now and I can have a beer again, have to cut down somewhat, but for me it's all about the colour, flavour and aroma so no biggie. Strangely it's the brewing that I miss. Trying this, trying that, testing and tasting the results. I have the brewing bug soooooo bad.

Cheers,

Screwy

Glad your feeling a bit better Screwy, but still take it easy please. I can feel for you mate, it's not just the drinking that's important, it's the effort and experimentation that give the most satisfaction.

Cheers
Andrew

hallerilloale.png

My Hallerillo Ale. One of the nicest beers i have made. A week fermenting a week CC straight into keg and wow!. Nice beer.

My Hallerillo Ale. One of the nicest beers i have made. A week fermenting a week CC straight into keg and wow!. Nice beer.

Its quite obvious you used that glass for shock/wow factor! B) I luuurrrrve the colour you got there. Fireburst orange/red! Reminds me of my Les Paul tucked away at my Folks place. Got a link to that recipe brother!?! Highly interested to see the malt bill used to get that colour/hue. Whats the 'real' clarity like as it looks quite turbid in that pic, although that might be lighting/condensation.

Cheers! :beerbang:

It is reasonably clear, if its in a regular sized glass you can see through it, though only slightly. It was an extract beer made a few weeks ago using 3kg of LME, 250g of steeped crystal, 500g of dextrose. Hops were 20g Hallertauer 45 mins, 40g Amerillo 20 mins and 40g Amerillo 10 min in a 10L boil. Can't tast the hallertauer in there but damm the amerillo shines though brilliantly. Used US-05 yeast on it, made up to 20L. And yes the glass was for wow factor B). Just got back from germany (Alas a couple weeks shy of Oktoberfest) and have been using it as much as possible :)

It was an extract beer made a few weeks ago using 3kg of LME, 250g of steeped crystal, 500g of dextrose.

Happen to know the SRM/EBC or the type of crystal? Weyermann/Bairds/JW? Interesting to play around with it for my house pales. I want something with the colour of Ayinger Oktoberfest :icon_drool2:

Sorry mate not sure on what type of crystal, it was just in one of the pre packaged ones at the LHBS this is what it says on the pack:

"A - Grain Kit - Pale Ale/Bitter- Adds flavour and colour to your brew. Contains 200g Crystal Malt"

Bought a pack of Erdinger beer with the glass included, the beers weren't cold so I poured a glass of my Super Lite instead. Ended up around 3% ABV and with a decent malt taste (Caraaroma and Aromatic), just need to tweak the hops a bit (don't think the Super Alpha for bittering was quite clean enough). Great for a thirst quencher though, I think I'll be tweaking it over a few batches this summer!
erdinger_glass___super_lite_1.jpg
This beer is unfiltered, no secondary, no gelatin and no polyclar. Took about three weeks to become this clear though :)

Cheers Fourstar,
nothing up my sleeve. Can't believe I waited this long to keg.
grant

Ive just ordered a filter from ross to help accelerate the lagering process as im always too lazy to 'set and forget' for a month or 2. Ales i'll probabaly continue to naturally condition unless i need to transport a keg,atleast then i dont have to worry about disturbance.

Beautiful work with the natrual process Grantw, it takes a while but once it drops birght its well worth it! I cant wait to see what my sub 2.9SRM beers are like post filtration. i think i will wet myself! :icon_drool2:

My aim this summer is to make a liiight champagne coloured CAP, decieving to the eye but when you put your lips/nose to it. FULL of malt, corn and hop flavour. Atleast thats the plan.

Example of colour below:

ist2_4426865_glass_of_champagne.jpg

My aim this summer is to make a liiight champagne coloured CAP, decieving to the eye but when you put your lips/nose to it. FULL of malt, corn and hop flavour. Atleast thats the plan.

Example of colour below:

I will look forward to seeing that.

cheers

grant

Bought a pack of Erdinger beer with the glass included, the beers weren't cold so I poured a glass of my Super Lite instead. Ended up around 3% ABV and with a decent malt taste (Caraaroma and Aromatic), just need to tweak the hops a bit (don't think the Super Alpha for bittering was quite clean enough). Great for a thirst quencher though, I think I'll be tweaking it over a few batches this summer!
View attachment 31867
This beer is unfiltered, no secondary, no gelatin and no polyclar. Took about three weeks to become this clear though :)

Nice Daemon, I also find 3 weeks is the sweet spot for my ales, its when they start tasting the most balanced as well :icon_cheers:

Ive just ordered a filter from ross to help accelerate the lagering process as im always too lazy to 'set and forget' for a month or 2. Ales i'll probabaly continue to naturally condition unless i need to transport a keg,atleast then i dont have to worry about disturbance.

Beautiful work with the natrual process Grantw, it takes a while but once it drops birght its well worth it! I cant wait to see what my sub 2.9SRM beers are like post filtration. i think i will wet myself! :icon_drool2:

Example of colour below:

Fourstar i think when you wet your self it went in the glass. Can you filter homebrew would it be expensive? I would rather just use isinglass in my ales more traditional

Back