Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got the Vicbrew results , I only had one entry , I put it in the Brown ale category . This was my very first comp ever . The SWMBO and myself decided to go down to the comp to have a look see and to my surprise my one and only entry got a 2nd . Woooohooo . Unfortunately the one and only entry was my last bottle so I don't have any for the Nationals and sorry Screwy no pics just as yet .

Cheers
Mike (BB)

Well I got the Vicbrew results , I only had one entry , I put it in the Brown ale category . This was my very first comp ever . The SWMBO and myself decided to go down to the comp to have a look see and to my surprise my one and only entry got a 2nd . Woooohooo . Unfortunately the one and only entry was my last bottle so I don't have any for the Nationals and sorry Screwy no pics just as yet .

Cheers
Mike (BB)

For a "What's in the glass" thread there is a surprising number of posts without any pics lately. <_<
Even a post with a commercial beer in it that must have wandered here by mistake? ;)

TP

Doesn't look like much but it is the first (non-gb) beer I've been genuinely pleased with. Will change yeast and hopping schedule next time but it is the first beer I've wanted to make again. It's an IPA - yeah, probably more than a little too dark (but the phone camera isn't doing me any favours there either).

DSC00077.JPG

For a "What's in the glass" thread there is a surprising number of posts without any pics lately. <_<
Even a post with a commercial beer in it that must have wandered here by mistake? ;)

TP

here here...

less talk more pics! :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Mike (BB)

Bugger, and congrats, you know what to do now...............brew it again man :super: then head North again before stocks run low....please.

Cheers,

Screwy

TP

I encouraged Beer Belly to post in the thread Pete, can we forgive him for not having a bottle left? A 2nd in Vicbrew was quite an achievement so I guess we have to accept that it looked pretty good :lol:

Screwy

I encouraged Beer Belly to post in the thread Pete, can we forgive him for not having a bottle left? A 2nd in Vicbrew was quite an achievement so I guess we have to accept that it looked pretty good :lol:

Screwy

I guess so Screwy as long as he doesn't make a habit of it. ;) and to get things back on an even keel here is a pic of one of my better attempts at a Westmalle clone. Long gone I'm afraid.

TP
0075_Westmalle_Clone.JPG

I was going to post a pic of some random old beer, but then I realised it's what's in the glass, not what was in the glass. :p

That looked lovely Pete. You're getting the hang of those photos too... nice backlight with some flash to fill in the front :)

I guess so Screwy as long as he doesn't make a habit of it. ;) and to get things back on an even keel here is a pic of one of my better attempts at a Westmalle clone. Long gone I'm afraid.

TP
View attachment 31669

bconnery making "straight" beers, TidalPete making Belgians, whats happened :blink: maybe it's something to do with climate change :lol:

Want some pics? Here's a pic!

Yep, TTL Clone. Need i say more? Next time i will caramelize 1st runnings with 100% Golden Promise.

Hops, nutty malt, some light malt sweetness, light roastiness. A tasty drop!

TTL_Clone.JPG

My first beer with some rye addition. Only brewed monday week ago but the rye gives this aussie pale some lovely spicey flavours.
Thanks to Chappo for raving on and on about rye :D

017.JPG

Terrible shot of the beer but...my Traditional Bock. A third placing is SABSOSA and a third for ANAWBS. The funny thing is, I'm not that happy with it.

Bock.jpg

My first beer with some rye addition. Only brewed monday week ago but the rye gives this aussie pale some lovely spicey flavours.
Thanks to Chappo for raving on and on about rye :D

View attachment 31719
Nice one Mantis...another convert to the glorious world or all things rye.

Chappo, you've just earned another stripe in the Rye Brigade - Sgt Chappo it is...congrats. (with this comes responsibility, your next mission will be PM'd to you shortly...)

I'm having a fridge cleanout night.
Going through all the beers that have come from gratuity for grain crushes etc from the last couple of months.

A real mix of styles and flavours, all going down a treat.

Doc

Nice one Mantis...another convert to the glorious world or all things rye.

Chappo, you've just earned another stripe in the Rye Brigade - Sgt Chappo it is...congrats. (with this comes responsibility, your next mission will be PM'd to you shortly...)

LOL, well trainee Mantis is going to try a wheat thing tommorow with a good dose of rye. Probably make it up on the way to the shed in the morning :icon_drunk:

With thanks to AndrewQLD for this one, his St Louis Lager. first go with using rice, and rice is nice... it got big kudos from swmbo who though I was pushing commercial beer on her... nice one andrew, now I have to make more of this....

Oct_3_006.jpg

LOL, well trainee Mantis is going to try a wheat thing tommorow with a good dose of rye. Probably make it up on the way to the shed in the morning :icon_drunk:
hey private... you know you can just skip the wheat part and go straight to Roggen... but a touch of rye in a bland wheatie at least gives it a bit of life...

Nah seriously, good stuff Mantis...

Ok, I'll do a pale with the 1kg of rye I have. Should be interesting

My belgian sour orange ale.
14 months old and the sourness has faded to the background, more a sweet caramel note up front with the slight sour at the end.
Fairly well carbonated...
sorange.jpg

My belgian sour orange ale.
14 months old and the sourness has faded to the background, more a sweet caramel note up front with the slight sour at the end.
Fairly well carbonated...
View attachment 31775

Looks nice Ben. :icon_cheers:
Care to enlighten us on your means of storage over such a long time & perhaps the yeast used?
As an aside I'm planning my first Barleywine but unsure if standard tallies are good enough storage-wise? Am thinking champagne bottles? Waddya reckon?
Recipe for critique? ;)

TP

Latest posts

Back