Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the last pints of Fathers day Ale

Fathers_day.JPG

Boagsy on another thread was asking about colour of Aussie Pales / CSA styles and I said I'd post a piccie: :icon_cheers:

This batch is 4000 BB ale, 200 wheat malt and 300 Carared:

CSA.jpg

Geez Bribie....Don't go posting pics that good at this time of the day :icon_drool2:

....the boys will be happy...off to the coldroom to crack a tallie of something nice :icon_cheers:

Cheers Ross

Edit......

We picked the Limited Release Flying Dog Smoked Double Lager.... Wow this is one lovely beer...a big rich Schwarz Beer :icon_drool2:

pics.jpg

cheers Ross

Made a double batch of Pilsner. Whilst the 15L of Real Pils is fermenting away nicely at 9 degree usilg WLP800, I used wyeast 1272 to ferment this one out and kegged it yesterday being 8 days grain to brain and I am quite happy with it got around 23L. So by the time its gone the Real Pils might be ready for kegging.

Cheers Brad
[/quote/]

new camera was the problem with over size pics.
Really happy with this beer. :icon_drunk:

P1030053.JPG

P1030054.JPG

Geez Bribie....Don't go posting pics that good at this time of the day :icon_drool2:

....the boys will be happy...off to the coldroom to crack a tallie of something nice :icon_cheers:

Cheers Ross

Edit......

We picked the Limited Release Flying Dog Smoked Double Lager.... Wow this is one lovely beer...a big rich Schwarz Beer :icon_drool2:

View attachment 31452

cheers Ross

:icon_drool2: how do I get a job at craftbrewer?

(snip)....the boys will be happy...off to the coldroom to crack a tallie of something nice :icon_cheers:

Cheers Ross

Edit......

View attachment 31452

cheers Ross

Oh good, there's a bottle of that in the fridge that somehow survived the weekend :) .

Edit......

View attachment 31452

cheers Ross

damn you and all your fancy american beer :icon_drool2: :(

looks like like they have had an effect on your own brews as well from what I can see in 'what are you brewing II', we may have to have a chat as I am quite intrigued.

I had a clear out today and came across the last 2 bottles of Bribie Bitter Project from May, bottled in glass and kept in a dark cupboard, last of the partials B)

5L of a full brew of stock wort I did and then split into 4 x 5L cubes
Morgans Australian Lager
1kg raw sugar

US05

Dry hopped with a couple of Hallertau plugs I had hanging around. I can't believe how yummy it is, just got back from the pub after SWMBO's weekly pokies session and this stuff beats the crapper out of the VB I was just drinking.

The_last_partial__Medium_.jpg

My latest Smoked Schwarzbier which unfortunately has lost a lot of "smoke" after a three month lagering but not too bad all the same & my best to date. ;)
Strictly to style anyway.
Adding another 30\40% to the 450g Bairds Peated should fix it next time around.
Bit of a shame the afternoon sun detracts from the actual 56 EBC.

TP
0094_Saltair_Smoked_Schwarzbier.JPG

Robust Porter really hitting the spot now after being in the keg for a number of months now...

If only I had a dual pressure reg, then I could have the carbonation turned down on it a little bit...

DSCN3486.JPG

Recipe Linky here

My Oktoberfest.
Brewed 4/4/09
Lagered 5 months.
Not enough o's in smoooooth for this one.

Just knocking off a couple of these waiting for the NRL grand final to start.

PA042666a.jpg

I was wondering how it turned out. Looks fantastic! How did it differ from the early kegs of it, or is that too long ago to remember?

:eek: I dont know how you could bring yourself to drink a VB?? :blink:

I was doing a professional taste test for Thirsty Boy. :lol: :lol:

SWMBO drags me off to the pokies once a week and I usually drink XXXX heavy but on this occasion had a couple of VBs. Actually as the first beers of the day they went down smoothly. I think the 'megaswill' label is more properly attached to cans, stubbies and tallies drunk at home or BBQs at various temperatures and out of various glasses. However served from iced font at the pub at correct carbonation and temperature into a nice clean headmaster glass it's drinkable and if you don't know anything better you can down half a dozen schooners and nothing too much to complain about.

However, forgetting VB for a moment here's a gem of a beer:

Fourstar sent me a dunkel in return for my Toucan headbanger stout. I believe it may be entered in a certain competition which will remain nameless. I zoomed down to Sully's to pick up some gear and took the Fourstar brew with me for peer review. Sully was brewing and busy doing the usual complicated 3V stuff and had miraculously coaxed the HERMS system :p as far as the boil, and first hop addition , despite having no skyhook to hang a bag, so we paused to quaff.

dunkel__Medium_.jpg

On cracking the bottle the chocolate aroma was like opening a Red Tulip easter egg. An almost impossibly long lasting creamy head (Sully had to dodge off to do something and the beers in the picture had been sitting for about 5 minutes till he got back). More luscious chocolate. The first sip had our eyes rolling back into our sockets. Chocolate, chocolate and more choc, then the smoothest malt afertaste and a back taste of slight but perfectly balanced hop bitterness. Aroma we can't comment on as we were in the vicinity of Sully's first hop addition. Not a session or quaffing beer, a perfect dessert beer.

Bloody cracker, Fourstar.

However, forgetting VB for a moment here's a gem of a beer:

Fourstar sent me a dunkel in return for my Toucan headbanger stout. I believe it may be entered in a certain competition which will remain nameless. I zoomed down to Sully's to pick up some gear and took the Fourstar brew with me for peer review. Sully was brewing and busy doing the usual complicated 3V stuff and had miraculously coaxed the HERMS system :p as far as the boil, and first hop addition , despite having no skyhook to hang a bag, so we paused to quaff.

View attachment 31614

On cracking the bottle the chocolate aroma was like opening a Red Tulip easter egg. An almost impossibly long lasting creamy head (Sully had to dodge off to do something and the beers in the picture had been sitting for about 5 minutes till he got back). More luscious chocolate. The first sip had our eyes rolling back into our sockets. Chocolate, chocolate and more choc, then the smoothest malt afertaste and a back taste of slight but perfectly balanced hop bitterness. Aroma we can't comment on as we were in the vicinity of Sully's first hop addition. Not a session or quaffing beer, a perfect dessert beer.

Bloody cracker, Fourstar.

+1

Fourstar that was divine.

Back