Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks a bit hazy but the glass was cold from the fridge and the beer was cold too. I wiped the left side of the glass before i took a photo but it started frosting back up.

Its an aussie ale.... it should be cold :)

Ahhhh you get the jist though

cheers

A piccy of the Alt Tony

alt_003.jpg

Shitty glass but the contents is nice.

Batz

Aussie Pale Ale.

100% TF MO

Bittered POR flowers B) A touch of Cluster pellets at the end for aroma.

Used US-05 and its bloody delightful!

Cheers

AussiePaleAle832x1248.jpg

Nice looking Aussie Ale Tony. :icon_cheers:
Never used POR flowers only pellets but must get some for my next AA. Ever think of doing the same recipe with 1272? I reckon it's a better finisher than US-05.
Here's my latest Alt pic for you to have a look at. Shame about the view. Batz gets all the glory there. :p

TP

0090_Spalter_Alter_Altbier.JPG

Shame about the view. Batz gets all the glory there

Couple of hours with a D-9 and you would be able to see the ocean behind that beer Pete

It's a bit dry here ATM, we need 50mm of rain as of now! Batz

Couple of hours with a D-9 and you would be able to see the ocean behind that beer Pete

It's a bit dry here ATM, we need 50mm of rain as of now! Batz

:icon_offtopic:

Getting dry here too Batz. Just turned off the bore after giving the yard a good going over which is all well & good but you can't beat a good drenching from up above.
You should really think about getting a few thousand or so pop-ups for your place. ;)

TP

Those Alts have wey my apetite for a malty bitter beer!

Im using about 1/4 KG of Spalt.

Bohemien pils
Munich II 30%
2% carabohemein
2% carafa spec II

1.047, 40 IBU.

It will be at the low end of the scale but i want it quaffable for friends and still see them drive home safe :)

cheers

PS..... Batz..... your place looks very green compared to here. My front lawn is half dead already. It usually lasts till november. Rain would be nice but i think its gunna be hot and dry again.

!

PS..... Batz..... your place looks very green compared to here. My front lawn is half dead already. It usually lasts till november. Rain would be nice but i think its gunna be hot and dry again.

Paradise here Tony, lots of work but paradise.
It will not be long before land like this is no longer avaliable in Australia.

Batz

My first attempt at a Weizenbock.
Probably a bit light in colour but I quite like it, although a few schooners knocked me on my arse. :party:

Dodgy iPhone pic -

photo.jpg

DK

mmmm DSGA
probably a little young but tastes so damn good and i just couldnt help myself

photo.jpg

21092009066.jpg

Galaxy Pale Ale

Hopped continuously for 60 minutes. Smells like you've cracked open a fresh passionfruit... :icon_drool2:

Brewers Choice Original Porter (Fresh Wort Kit).

Pored straight from the tap into one of my new glasses.

Very nice drop. Easily the best beer I have brewed.

DSC_1524.JPG

P9240002.jpg

6 month old wee heavy. OG 1.107 and finished at 1.028. It's starting to develop rich dark fruit oxidative flavours but they're still pretty low. It will be hitting its prime in about another 6 months. :party:

Big ups to BribieG for sending me a bottle of his excellent Super Landlord. :icon_drool2:
Absolutely definitely on my "To Do" list for October.
Many thanks Bribie. :icon_cheers:

TP

Bribie__s_Super_Landlord_1.JPGBribie__s_Super_Landlord_2.JPG

BribieG - Toucan Ni..a Juice!

What can i say... an assault on the tastebuds!

Pours jet black, opaque in appearance, a deep brown fluffy head with good retention. Toasty w/licorice and coffee notes on the nose, strong fortified alcohol aromas and alcoholic sharpness. Moderate palate with some syrupy sweet characteristics. Rich plum fruit flavours with deep acrid/coffee/chocolate notes. Low bitterness with a strong malt stringency on the finish. Quite well balanced malt bitterness to alcohol. Carbonation is perfect.

Decent beer, a well crafted beer by a well crafted individual! Cheers BribieG!

Bribieg_Toucan_Nigga_Juice.JPG

BribieG - Toucan Ni..a Juice!

What can i say... an assault on the tastebuds!

Pours jet black, opaque in appearance, a deep brown fluffy head with good retention. Toasty w/licorice and coffee notes on the nose, strong fortified alcohol aromas and alcoholic sharpness. Moderate palate with some syrupy sweet characteristics. Rich plum fruit flavours with deep acrid/coffee/chocolate notes. Low bitterness with a strong malt stringency on the finish. Quite well balanced malt bitterness to alcohol. Carbonation is perfect.

Decent beer, a well crafted beer by a well crafted individual! Cheers BribieG!

Thanks 4* :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:
You really can\\\'t go wrong with a can o Coopers Stout and two cans is even better! I love this brew and make it a few times a year, and it only takes about 20 minutes to \\\"assemble\\\". However at 9% ABV it\\\'s not a session beer unless you like to sleep next to dumpsters in alleys :unsure:

2 Cans Coopers Stout
1 kg LDME
1 kg Dex

A sprinkle of any hop whatsoever at day 5 (Styrians in this case)

Nottingham

:party:

Edit: there is a saying that there is no such thing as a free lunch; in other words you can take shortcuts and think you have beaten the system, but at the end of the day it has all caught up with you, and you are really no further ahead, and probably lagging behind.

This beer is a free lunch

Edit: there is a saying that there is no such thing as a free lunch; in other words you can take shortcuts and think you have beaten the system, but at the end of the day it has all caught up with you, and you are really no further ahead, and probably lagging behind.
This beer is a free lunch
I'd have to agree with that one. Only pitfall was hop bitterness, it has enough malt bitterness/acridness to balance. just lacked some hops. I would pin it towards a RIP over a Export stout, mainly due to the alcohol and malt profile being through the roof! :p

Edit: BTW, it hit me for six! :D

Pilsner
Ale

:unsure:

Hey sounds like some of my recipes.

Please explain

Made a double batch of Pilsner. Whilst the 15L of Real Pils is fermenting away nicely at 9 degree usilg WLP800, I used wyeast 1272 to ferment this one out and kegged it yesterday being 8 days grain to brain and I am quite happy with it got around 23L. So by the time its gone the Real Pils might be ready for kegging.

Cheers Brad

Fourstars Golden Ale (Not DSGA. A similar beer, JW Ale as the base, less Munich (aprrox 1/2 grist) with more base malt and some dark crystal 2%. Hop schedule and %'s are completly different.)

Grainy sweet aroma with a wall of citrus american hops. Grassy aroma with some stone fruit/peach aromas.
Gold to amber in appearance with brilliant clarity but low head (due to poor carbonation, went a week without a gas bottle and had a few pints :() Moderate to light mouthfeel. Sweet malty/bready flavours on the palate, has a strong citrus/stonefruit flavour from the hops. carrys well onto the finish with a sweet malt flavour and lingering bitterness.

Nice i guess!

Golden_Ale.JPG

Back