Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1458812515.047247.jpg
Stone and Wood pacific ale (sticks and stones recipe from the DB) clone. My second AG brew!

Dano's All Grain Feral Hop Hog Clone. Brewed 31/01/2016. My second BIAB attempt. Tasting great, would brew again.

1458818726132.jpg

mofox1 said:
Belgian wit.

Nice aromatics from the coriander seeds and the orange peel, might leave of the chamomile next time...

1458454246917.jpg
Mick

What's your nah schedule for the wit and how much Orange and coriander?

Got the grain crushed (50/50 pils wheat) for one will be brewing in the next few days.

Any tips welcome.

GrumpyPaul said:
Mick

What's your nah schedule for the wit and how much Orange and coriander?

Got the grain crushed (50/50 pils wheat) for one will be brewing in the next few days.

Any tips welcome.
50/68 for 15/90... Recipe as per Brewing Classic Styles, and byo here:
https://byo.com/bock/item/1647-witbier-style-profile

I crushed the coriander with a mortar and pestle... 11g, fresh peel from 2 oranges (I think).

Doing it again I'd skip the chamomile.

You're welcome to come around for a sample, home most the long weekend, gimme a PM.

We went camping (burning stuff) over the weekend. American Stout and chilli for tea last night. Citra and Horizon bomb, lubberly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It has been a lot of years since I posted in here but at long last, the lambic I brewed 3 or 4 years ago is drinking nicely!
Super happy with it.

Heading into winter I am now planning a couple more to fill the demijohns out the back filled with water and green slime.

Will get a pic of the Flanders red tomorrow

image.jpeg

An Aussie/NZ Wheat beer using Galaxy and Nelson Sauvin hops.

IMG_20160331_162453.jpg

Tasting sensational.

Strait up brother

100% unblended almost flat, sour golden liquid!

American blonde. 85% Gladfields ale, 10% wheat, 5% caraamber. OG 1.042, FG 1.009. Amarillo early and late to 24 IBU, plus dry hop. Nice easy drinker.

image.jpg

I had a couple of Pints on wednesday arvo, I think I will have a few more today!

These beers were both fermented on the same yeast back to back after the eldorado ale was fermented, yeast cake was about 2Lts of liquid on the American IPA and the 3lts for the Rye IPA

Both fermented @ 22c, started in under 2hrs and fermented out within 3 days. Both were dry hopped at day 5 for 2 days and then packaged, all in under 10 days - FRESH AS!!

Another interesting part was they were both no Chilled beers. The AIPA was just a cube hop and dry hop and the Rye had 60m, 10m and cube additions along with the dry hop, turned out great.

From memory the recipes were:

American IPA - 6.1% & 60 ibu

WP_20160330_004.jpg

85% GP, 5% Light Crystal, 5% Carapils, 5% Dextrose mashed @ 65c
Amarillo & Centennial - 56g each into the cube - 70g Chinook dry hopped

Rye IPA - 7.0% & 75 ibu

WP_20160330_002.jpg

60% Pils, 25% GP, 6% Rye, 5% Carapils, 4% Flaked Oats
Warrior FWH, Cascade/Chinook @ 10m, Simcoe Cube, Columbus, Simcoe & Centennial Dry Hopped :icon_drool2:

Golden Ale, with Amarillo and cascade. 1042 -> 1010. Great Saturday afternoon beer. Good level of grapefruit and bitter orange

Latest posts

Back