Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong thread

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1455524729.467292.jpg

Smoked ESB.

40% Maris Otter
40% GP
10% Terrified Wheat
7% Light Crystal
3% RB

10min mash at 55C (protein)
60min mash at 64C (sacc)

90min boil

Magnum in the boil to 20IBUs
Bramling Cross cubed to 25IBUs

Wy1968

I home-smoked half the Maris with Cherry wood, so 20 % smoked malt in the bill.
Also, I took 4L of first runnings and reduced them by 3/4 and added back.
Oh, it's good. I just wish my beer engine was operational.

ED- Mash and boil times added

image.jpg

Huge fan of the freaked out wheat, I use it in many of my ales both UK and US. Does a lot for creaminess, mouthfeel and contributes well to head retention.

:lol:

I'm having a couple of glasses of my Chinook pale ale today. It has been in the keg for 3 weeks now (been leaving it alone during the week) and is tasting reasonably good. Probably won't use Chinook on its own again though, having used it before in combination with other hops it definitely worked better that way. It's got a bit of a tart flavour to it. I'll just post the picture because it wants to keep uploading sideways for some reason. <_<

12715689_10209086879997734_6936954930168089438_n.jpg

Sticklebract IPL 6.5%

Gladdy American + Pilsner
10% Rye malt
2.5% Carared
2.5% Carapils

60 IBU: Simcoe & Sticklebract FWH & 0 min. Sticklebract & Cascade in the cube (3g/L).

WLP940 Mexican Lager, first time using it.... Must be a very forgiving yeast... :D

Little brew dude hiding in the glass.

1455949251030.jpg

Too nice a day for just one...

Golden Rye. DSGA malt bill with Galaxy and Amarillo.

Dry hoppped at 3g/L, no finings... #nofilter.

:icon_drool2:

1455950526942.jpg

mofox1 said:
Sticklebract IPL 6.5%

Gladdy American + Pilsner
10% Rye malt
2.5% Carared
2.5% Carapils

60 IBU: Simcoe & Sticklebract FWH & 0 min. Sticklebract & Cascade in the cube (3g/L).

WLP940 Mexican Lager, first time using it.... Must be a very forgiving yeast... :D

Little brew dude hiding in the glass.

attachicon.gif
1455949251030.jpg
I could brush my teeth & do my hair in the morning looking into that

Then I could even drink it then it looks that good

I get get up at the sparrows fart too

Arrogant ******* clone by AHB member 'Mall'.

Well done, mate...very tasty beer.

Just like the original, this is very sticky and viscous. Big, chewy malt and large quatities of hops to counter the sweetness.
The Chinook comes through nicely with the resinous-ness (?). My only very minor issue is I'd like a touch more bitterness, but that's being picky....I'm probably only talking 5-10IBUs.

Excellent effort and a beer to be proud of. Well worth that fermenter.

Cheers.

image.jpg

Smoked rye saison. The rye gives it a slickness that is not really to saison style but the flavours all work together very nicely so I don't mind. Only been carbed for a week at serving pressure so carbonation still to come up a bit.

med_gallery_7015_1311_36844.jpg

Raspberry Wheat beer. Started as I Bavarian wheat but didn't have the flavour I wanted so dropped 1.5kg raspberries on it. Tastes like raspberries

1456052450276.jpg

Slaughter House Ale

100% Red X malt

5.2% ABV

34IBU

Citra FWH, Simcoe @ 30m and Simcoe/Amarillo whirlpooled and dry hopped :icon_drool2:

slaughter house ale.jpg

Black IPA

80% Golden Promise
4% light crystal
4% carapils
4% carafa S3
4% chocolate
4% dextrose

Fermented at 22c on WLP007 dry English ale yeast cake.

Cube hop only - Citra 100g, beersmith says 93ibu, more like 50ish to my palate.

Dry hopped with Citra 3g/L

WP_20160303_003.jpg

^pratty I see you are fermenting at 22 now, or were you always? I thought I read a post of yours about a mob fermenting everything at 22, coulda been someone else

Hey droid,

Good memory, I had mentioned that in a thread somewhere about a US brewery fermenting all beers at 22c, Stone brewery also do it. I usually ferment at 17/18c but after trying this temp I got no off flavours.

I'm going to try it again with a similar beer, IPA without the black malts at 22c but.....into a US05 yeast cake.

I think the reason no off flavours is the massive viable yeast when pitching from the yeast cake. Time will tell, may only work with English strains.

Back