Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sort of cask ale. Probably fermented out or very close, at cellar temp into the glass.
Been a while since I had a chance to brew and drink this one. Direct from the stainless steel fermentor where it's been for a week. Still cloudy, mit hefe.
Hydrometer and refractometer are also pictured.

My house bitter. Tastes great, with W1469 fruit complexity, Perle malt and a dash of late hop. It doesn't get much better than this, with sessionable alcohol levels too at ~4%
Bitter.jpg

XXXX Bitter clone -

P8088864.JPG

Did everything right with this one and it was good to drink after 3 weeks. Can still fine tune it (fresher hops, change water, no added acid) but it'll quench my thirst quite happily in the meantime.

Forced carbed sample of my Oktoberfest Lager that's currently CCing. Still very murky, especially since I pulled some yeast from the bottom but tasting quite nice. Little too sweet for what I wanted but that's due the my lovely thermometer breaking without me realising.. Can't wait for this to be nice, clear and lagered in and a month and half. Malty lagers are great.

1440077903314.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440136632.569708.jpg

IPA with cluster pellets for bittering and flinders and cascade flowers for aroma

55 ibu 6.45%

Tastes ok

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440137071.788406.jpg

Goes down pretty easy

Wit beer 5.5 % think it's around 20 odd ibu
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440140816.397991.jpg

Used wyeast forbidden fruit for this and used Meyer lemon peel instead of orange

Also got a fair bit of unmalted malt in the grain bill

TheWiggman said:
XXXX Bitter clone -

attachicon.gif
P8088864.JPG

Did everything right with this one and it was good to drink after 3 weeks. Can still fine tune it (fresher hops, change water, no added acid) but it'll quench my thirst quite happily in the meantime.
Looks great.
I have one called Cluster FXXX that is going down well at the moment.

4Rt5y4F.jpg

100% Brett c mild. Was very clean when I kegged it. Now seems to have a nice funky aroma, though flavour wise it's only just a touch funky and fruity. Otherwise a nice easy drinking mild. Head retention good, and body pretty good too. Not too thin. I kegged it at 1012, just so it wouldn't be too thin, as Brett beers can be. Id do another all Brett mild for sure, and probably a mid strength blonde, but for other beers, I think that Brett in 2ndary gives more funk.

And, yes I do realise it's pre 9am, but it's only a small glass and I've just finished night shift, so it'll help me sleep well:)

image.jpg

Spohaw said:
Nice and clear for a American wheat

What hops did you use ?
And what ibu and ABV is it ?
Its got a slight haze, usually Its a bit cloudier with 40% wheat but on this one I used BRY 97 which floculates better. First time using BRY aswell and I'm happy with the results.
Here is the recipe and a couple of notes

OG 1036
FG 1008
Abv 4%
Ibu 18

60% premium pilnser
40% wheat

Mashed at 64c for 40mins

60min boil with only 1 hop addition.

Mosaic/Galaxy @ 10mins to 18ibu

Fermented at 19c

Dry hopped with Mosaic/Galaxy @ 2g/L

Notes:

Target pH for mash 5.2
Sulphate to chloride ratio 6:1
Carbonation @ 3.0 volumes

It is my 10th version having used various hops and yeast,% of malts, mash temps and times and finally made a super crisp flavoursome quaffer. Looking forward to using various hop combos now I've nailed the other areas of the recipe.

Got to love beers you can smash

Sounds pretty smashable Pratty

I use 60 wheat 40 pils in mine with a bit of unmalted wheat too

It usually comes out cloudy but I don't mind

Don't dry hop either but probably will now I got some galaxy flowers to chuck in

I use us 05 in mine and attenuates pretty well so I find the cloudyness of it helps with the mouth feel

Cheers for the info

Citra/Magnum Pale.

Very tasty indeed. Dry hopped to buggery, so this is as clear as it's going to get.

Also brewed with Bry, and only my second time...but it's a good yeast.

image.jpg

Pretending it's summer already. Beer and book in the sunshine.

Crystal clear hoppy wheat. 60/40 wheat/pils. Centennial, Nelson and Willamette to 23 ibu. Been in the fridge for a few months.

Oh yeah, there is a tiny upside down brewing buddy reflected in the bottom of the glass.

Edit: And a teensy bit of carared red for color and body.

1440309557500.jpg

Fresh American wheat

5% 20 odd ibu
Galaxy and cascade flowers with simcoe pellets at 10 mins

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440405634.673058.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440403811.849197.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440403811.849197.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 24
Back