Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can definitely tell the difference when a decent camera is used...Dent, for example, a few posts back.

DH Chinook nicely fragrant yet spicy perfect for the weather. Keg likely to blow whilst Dennis calls the tigers upsetting the cats today...

1399181102292.jpg

image.jpg

I'm with you ivs, go tigers .

Partial, left over runnings from a golden ale, dme Nelson Sauvin and citra

Dragging out this old relic which TTBOMK hasn't been posted as yet & very nice EIISSM.
An American Amber Ale.
All Falconer's Flight (45-10-0-dry hop) 36.3 IBU & powered with 1272 American Ale 2.

Note the proper AHB logo in the background :super: :super:

Ugly Arnie AAA Mk3.JPG

Getting ready for Freo to smash West Coast.

APA, bittered with magnum and cascade, finished with centennial in the whirlpool and dry hopped. 4 days old. Mangrove Jack's yankee ale yeast.

uvUrg8hl.jpg

jyo said:

APA, bittered with magnum and cascade, finished with centennial in the whirlpool and dry hopped. 4 days old. Mangrove Jack's yankee ale yeast.

uvUrg8hl.jpg
Looks like a winner, winner, chicken dinner. Just like the Eagles .
Nev

TidalPete said:
Dragging out this old relic which TTBOMK hasn't been posted as yet & very nice EIISSM.
An American Amber Ale.
All Falconer's Flight (45-10-0-dry hop) 36.3 IBU & powered with 1272 American Ale 2.

Note the proper AHB logo in the background :super: :super:
Pete, when you're done with the time machine may I borrow it? I've got a score to settle with some Denisovans.

jyo said:

uvUrg8hl.jpg
fark'n hell mate! you make a man thirsty. stop posting pron to AHB

Robust porter with a good whack of simpsons brown malt, & WLP028 Edinburgh Scottish ale yeast. Very tasty and the keg is running out :(

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1399187569.431844.jpg

No worries mate, I'll bring it to Winkle's along with the resuscitator I'll need if you still plan on bringing a keg of your arse-wrinkler sorry, Ring Stinger.

Using Time machine ATM to get in touch with Fred & Barney. :p

That Robust Porter looks the goods mate. Wouldn't mind some of that yeast if you're willing to swap? PM me.

No piccy, because it is an aberration on this forum, but I've just cracked a bottle of 2001 Wynns Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, very carefully aged in my cellar.

I have an excuse. I've not been able to brew since November last year due to having our house on the market, and living in limbo until the move into our current house a couple of weeks ago. Before I can reassemble the brewery I need to empty more moving cartons from the garage, so far only made enough space to get one of the cars and my golf clubs in.

mje1980 said:
Snapped a pic today. Bit hazy but for 3 days in the keg not too bad. This keg might go quick me thinks. Next time I might add a touch more cluster late for a touch of hop flavour.
Cleared up a bit. It's not "bright" but it's clear enough for me:). Smooth, crisp and dry. I do like it, and will repeat for summer.

image.jpg

Love getting home from a long day and being able to pour a pint.

First lager, 100% pils malt, 30 ibu of herkules, s189 @ 17c then lagered at 4c for 2 weeks.

Not as clear as I would have hoped but still very tasty. Might gelatine it for a few days and see if it clears up.

RW 1.JPGRW 2.JPG

This is my Black Sheep Riggwelter clone.
80% Maris Otter
9% Torrified Wheat
6% Simpsons Med Crystal
5% Pale Chocolate

Challenger and Fuggles to 40 IBU and EKG at flameout.
Used 2 packets of Mangrove Jacks Burton Union yeast.
Served off the hand pump.
Beautiful.

billygoat said:
attachicon.gif
RW 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
RW 2.JPG

This is my Black Sheep Riggwelter clone.
80% Maris Otter
9% Torrified Wheat
6% Simpsons Med Crystal
5% Pale Chocolate

Challenger and Fuggles to 40 IBU and EKG at flameout.
Used 2 packets of Mangrove Jacks Burton Union yeast.
Served off the hand pump.
Beautiful.

I'm drooling

How does the M79 go?

Could you chuck in some feedback in the Burton Union M79 thread? Details on AHB are sketchy-ish at the moment and it might be a good thing to get some feedback on some of these newer (ish) dried yeasts.

Back