Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Easter Bunny smiles on me. I've bottled off some entries for the Grafton Show and they are in the linen cupboard conditioning, being the spot in the house with guaranteed even temperature. Then I spotted it. Right in the corner.

Come to Daddy, don't be shy.... A bottle of 11% RIS from last April. :eek:

Now I'm well on the way to pissed. :beerbang:

RIS surprise.jpg

Found 2 bottles today in an esky, which has just spent the best part of 4 months in the backyard and experienced all of Melbournes weather.

Neills centarillo extract, not quite as good as 5 months ago but still drinkable.

uploadfromtaptalk1397976342894.jpg
Even picnics are now all stainless. A nice mild ale to break up an afternoon bike ride.

Dortmunder
Another in my list of single infusion beers. The KISS method is reinvigorating my brewday.
First time fermenting in a 50L SS keg, using a coupler as the gas in beer out system.
Damn clean flavour. Fermenting in SS was worth it.
No finings, but filtered post CC as I had to keep the yeast out. The spear is now 30mm shorter than it was.

photo (19).jpg photo (20).jpg photo (21).jpg

What yeast McK ? Considering doing a Dort for the comps this year, that SS idea has got me interested, might do mine in a corny clingwrapped with the lid off. If it works I'll shorten the dip tube as well. ;)

One I definitely won't be entering is this JS Nine Tales sort of tribute but no Willamette and done on Ringwood yeast. Drinks ok, I have no idea what style it actually ended up, actually a bit like a 1960s British Keg beer with a weird hit of Chinook. :lol:

nine tales.jpg

My foreign export stout. Tropical style (like Singha Lion Stout).

My best beer yet.

I've learned stouts are hard to mess up!

spryzie said:
My foreign export stout. Tropical style (like Singha Lion Stout).

My best beer yet.

I've learned stouts are hard to mess up!
hard to mess up unless you put your full glass on its side...

Bribie G said:
What yeast McK ? Considering doing a Dort for the comps this year, that SS idea has got me interested, might do mine in a corny clingwrapped with the lid off. If it works I'll shorten the dip tube as well. ;)

One I definitely won't be entering is this JS Nine Tales sort of tribute but no Willamette and done on Ringwood yeast. Drinks ok, I have no idea what style it actually ended up, actually a bit like a 1960s British Keg beer with a weird hit of Chinook. :lol:

attachicon.gif
nine tales.jpg
I used 2042 Danish as its suggested by wyeast as a good yeast for a dort. I also upped my Calcium Chloride as per suggestions that the water should be high in sulphates carbonates and chlorides. This one got away from me initially and rose to 18° from pitching at 11° over two days before I switched the fridge ON!
Anyhow, no harm done as this is a great beer.
Strange ferment profile, 11->18->12->16->3.hahaha. No Gelatin, just CC at 3 for a few days.

View attachment 70635
Oh sweet deductive call of the siren
How is a man built to resist the seduction
Of the throaty and luscious Belgian lady?
Having being kept cold since friends of yore
Left after balls out and showed themselves the door.
I can resist no longer, I must plunder the Belgian whore
But sad sad heart, there is only 4 remaining
And in storage they must stay for the joyous event
Late in June where friends old and new
Descend on north Brisbane for a swap and drinks 1 or 2

Alas,I am of little fortitude
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398342996.834841.jpg

Deductive siren? Is Sherlock enticing those sailors into the water again?

Traditional Bock. 7 months old and the keg blew yesterday. So, with a tear in my eye, I reached for the camera.

YYS7NYUl.jpg

Belgian pale keeping me company as I bottled 30L of cider. Wish I'd bottled it also, it deserved more time. Soft and malty.

Picture001_zpsf8945d10.jpg

The Fresh Wort Kit Kolsch I fermented in my keg fridge because I was worried we were running low on beer. The fermenters have caught up with me and now I have excess but this came up really good.

Fermented at 12deg using the Deliverance Ale yeast. Dry hopped with 5g/L (50g Amarillo, 25g Cascade, 26g Galaxy) after fermentation had finished for 8 days.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398599634.729947.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398599930.543540.jpg

StalkingWilbur said:
The Fresh Wort Kit Kolsch I fermented in my keg fridge because I was worried we were running low on beer. The fermenters have caught up with me and now I have excess but this came up really good.

Fermented at 12deg using the Deliverance Ale yeast. Dry hopped with 5g/L (50g Amarillo, 25g Cascade, 26g Galaxy) after fermentation had finished for 8 days.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398599634.729947.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398599930.543540.jpg
Hi SW,

I like that hop combo and the rate - 5g/L :)

That certainly would have made that style of beer have an almost IPA aroma, did it also create a change to the flavour of the beer with all that resinous oil?

Here is an Anzac Amber that I brew every year around this time.
It goes down well now the nights are getting cooler.

Click on the Pic

Back