Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396373284.497291.jpg

Rogue dead guy ale clone.

So tasty.

Got another one in the fermenter ready to be kegged when I get home. Can't wait!

Wilkensone said:
2nd brew ever, 1st AG.

MO/Citra SMASH to test out my kit to about 35 IBU.. not going to win any awards but hey, looks and tastes like beer! :beerbang:

attachicon.gif
IMG_0271.jpg
Nice one, man!! What set up did you end up getting?

Yeah, I do. It's not my recipe though. And I can't be bothered finding the original, brewers name was Mad Scientist though. I might've altered it a little from the original when putting it into beersmith, I'm not sure. Turned out good though.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396384013.028730.jpg

Pretty simple. Super tasty.

StalkingWilbur said:
Nice one, man!! What set up did you end up getting?
Cheers man, just having some froth issues with my kegerator >.< Went with a crown urn BIAB style.. liking it so far =D

Consider it a deal. Will have at least two taps on by then.

Beer and BBQ. Sounds good to me

First hop addition just added to todays brew so I poured myself a white ale (much like Hitachino, nutmeg, coriander, mandarin peel)

IMG_20140405_115559.jpg

Blind triangle taste test with my Hefe, Weihenstephaner and the Burleigh Brewing Hefe. I picked mine as the best, then the weihenstephaner (would love to try it fresh) and a distant 3rd was the burleigh brewing hefe. When I was tasting it I hoped to hell it wasn't mine because it was so different, in a bad way to the other two. Mine was a good balance of banana and cloves with excellent head retention, colour and lacing. Maybe next time decrease the o2 or increase the fermentation temp by a degree to get a touch more banana and also try a decoction. The Weihenstephaners esters were faded but definitely there, excellent bready maltiness (Maybe because of the decoction?) similar colour to mine if not a touch more golden. The Burleigh one had zero head retention or lacing, tasted somewhat of citrus and had a strong disagreeable metallic flavour (Maybe because of the bottle caps?).

Was a cool experiment and one I will be doing with all my beers from now on. My roommate said he had to scoop out all the head on mine because it wouldn't go down... mmmmmmmmmm Banana Hefe head. :icon_drool2:

hefe.jpg

Heritage Ale

1.jpg

Simpsons Heritage Crystal in the cube. I thought this beer was rough as guts when it was first kegged - first run of new Mangrove Jack yeast. But it cleaned up nicely over a couple of months, so the keg is gonna blow pretty soon.

dent said:
Heritage Ale

1.jpg

Simpsons Heritage Crystal in the cube. I thought this beer was rough as guts when it was first kegged - first run of new Mangrove Jack yeast. But it cleaned up nicely over a couple of months, so the keg is gonna blow pretty soon.
Hopefully not before tomorrow !

dent said:
Heritage Ale

1.jpg

If the beer is half as good as the Pic it would be great!!!!!

Screwy

dent said:
Heritage Ale

1.jpg

Beautiful shot.

Thanks guys. Despite some individual's efforts, there is still some left.

Imperial IPA, around 10% and north of 100 IBUs of Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook and Cascade.

Its got about 4 months age on it and is the keg is nearly empty but its bloody delicious, need to start planning the next version, thinking MO, Caramunich III to about the same level and 100ish IBUs of Simcoe and Cascade this time around.

1397034711366.jpg

Donske said:
Imperial IPA, around 10% and north of 100 IBUs of Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook and Cascade.

Its got about 4 months age on it and is the keg is nearly empty but its bloody delicious, need to start planning the next version, thinking MO, Caramunich III to about the same level and 100ish IBUs of Simcoe and Cascade this time around.
Where is mine?

Got a recipe donske?one of these is on the cards soon I think.

First home brew I've been able to put on tap in 6-ish months. Stoked. Under pressure Saison. Perfectly complements the human factors course I'm being put through.

Back