Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warra's Hefeweizen c/o the Mid North Coast Perpetual Beer Swap

8592257700_f9c7d76a5d.jpg

Brewed with a fair whack of Munich from memory. Typical golden appearance with a persistent white head. Lots of carb as per style. Aroma is strong on the cloves with some underlying bready malt. Flavour is strong malt, almost perceived as sweet but finishes bone dry with acidic tang. Subtle banana/toffee thing going on. Overall a very refreshing quencher that hits the style guidelines perfectly. Nice one!

Last pour from a keg of XH Ale.
pumpesb1.JPG
Pretty much spot on for my tastes, be sad once its all gone.
pumpesb.JPG
A chocolate bunny rabbit died during these photos.

First time I've brewed a beer worth posting in this thread...dark ruby mild. Only been brewing since November and is this by far my best brew to date (also first time using liquid yeast...coincidence?).

Perfect for a cool night in Melbourne.

beer.JPG

Tropical_Brews said:
Looks wonderful, recipe?
No worries. I'm an exract brewer, but should be easy enough to convert to all grain if that's your thing...

This has had four weeks in the bottle, and I can't see it lasting another four now that I've cracked one!

Dark Ruby Mild
23L batch

2.8kg Light DME
113g Chocolate malt
50 Caramunich1 (had this in the cupboard, but was supposed to be medium crystal)
41g Willamette hop pellets @ 60
35g Fuggles hop pellets @ 60
22g Goldings hop flowers @ 15
WY1469

Grain steeped in 4L water @ 68C and rinsed in 2.5L water @75C
Did a 10L boil adding 900g LDME

OG 1.047
FG 1.016
IBU 42.5
EBC 30.6

Happy brewing!

AJ

meridian APA..................pic didn't work in first post

mms_img163380331.jpg

Golden Bitter thru an Aldi Randel (thanx Florian) loaded with fuggles.
gb.JPG
Good but I need to mash it higher next batch.

American Red. Apollo and Cascade, 1272. Very happy with this one. It's much clearer than the pic suggests.

554999_10200992321394036_1237333351_n.jpg

Six Minute Scrumpy with a blackcurrant blush. This stuff is just too seductive on a balmy afternoon.

six minute scrumpy blackcurrant.jpg

Bribie G said:
Six Minute Scrumpy with a blackcurrant blush. This stuff is just too seductive on a balmy afternoon.
ALDI juice?

Warra's Porter c/o the MNC beer swap. Perfect brew for the cooler nights.

8633314327_779c6eecfa.jpg

Appearance - Dark brown/black with ruby highlights if you hold it right up the light. Off-white/tan head, lingers right down the glass

Aroma - Subtle yeast note, vanilla, chocolate

Flavour - Finishes dry and clean with a slight chocolate taste. No hop flavour, slight tang.

Mouthfeel - Soft carbonation, medium body that fills the mouth without being cloying

Overall - Another well balanced beer. Very approachable, no thinness or astringency. Recipe deserves to be on the newly relaunched DB!

waggastew said:
Warra's Porter c/o the MNC beer swap. Perfect brew for the cooler nights.

8633314327_779c6eecfa.jpg

Appearance - Dark brown/black with ruby highlights if you hold it right up the light. Off-white/tan head, lingers right down the glass

Aroma - Subtle yeast note, vanilla, chocolate

Flavour - Finishes dry and clean with a slight chocolate taste. No hop flavour, slight tang.

Mouthfeel - Soft carbonation, medium body that fills the mouth without being cloying

Overall - Another well balanced beer. Very approachable, no thinness or astringency. Recipe deserves to be on the newly relaunched DB!
You two are totally having a brewmance!!

beerdrinkingbob said:
You two are totally having a brewmance!!
Yep, what can I say its love......although I think its the isolation effect. If we weren't both lost in the brewing wilderness of the NSW MNC I am sure Warra would be off fawning over the beers of other AG brewers, not a dirty partial-masher like me :p

Seriously though, finding a local to swap beers with is a warp speed way to improve your brewing. In works two ways:

1. It makes you closely critique your beers before sharing, as you really don't want to share a dud, and want to admit any faults before they find them

2. It gets you tasting beers you wouldn't normally taste/brew etc and introduces you to flavours you wouldn't normally find in your own beers.

Back