Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my second ever brew, bought a keg setup after my first woeful effort (brigalow bitter that was DISGUSTING), kegged a few days ago a Coopers Real Ale w/ BE2.

firstkeggedbeermb4.jpg

not spectacular, but compared to the brigalow this has me smiling from ear to ear. I finally have beer on tap! :D :D :D

First All Grain on my own Rig an SNPA clone, had to keep emptying the glass till i got the photo just right, damn shame that.

IMG_7186.jpg

**** this is dangerous. I am on my second schooner of Coopers Real Ale (admittedly not as good as the Paulaner I was just drinking) but still, it's 2:30am and I have to drop SWMBO at work at 9am. I still have a huge idiotic grin on my face.

and that beer looks mighty tasty bulp :D

**** this is dangerous. I am on my second schooner of Coopers Real Ale (admittedly not as good as the Paulaner I was just drinking) but still, it's 2:30am and I have to drop SWMBO at work at 9am. I still have a huge idiotic grin on my face.

and that beer looks mighty tasty bulp :D

Thats the good thing about Kegging ey Quontock don't have to count king browns any more i've just joined the keg club myself don't worry about the time mate it's 12:00 pm somewhere :beerbang:

mate, kegging is awesome! well worth the huge amount of cash I spent on setting it up ;)

now it's setup though, seeing as I'm only doing K&K's into kegs, the next huge spend is going to be all grain... or so I gather from pretty much every single one of you on this forum... haha

I imagine this is the sort of satisfaction the all grainers get each decent brew :D

secondbeershotsn5.jpg

second glass, still not quite as carb'd as I like but this is FANTASTIC! :D

MMMMM Bitter looks delish Ben.... Recipe?? Really enjoyed your beers at BABBs last week...in fact all the beers I tried were. Kram's Schwarz and Troydos Dunkel were standouts!

I'm so shit at designing recipes atm...just relying on others and tweaking a touch!

Cheers!
Here it is.
Mashed at 65C to ensure that the Windsor finished low enough..

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: BC's Best
Brewer: Mooshells
Asst Brewer:
Style: English Special or Best Bitter
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (0.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 20.00 L
Boil Size: 34.00 L
Estimated OG: 1.043 SG
Estimated Color: 18.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 32.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 70 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
3300.00 gm Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 83.02 %
225.00 gm Maize, Flaked (Thomas Fawcett) (3.9 EBC) Grain 5.66 %
200.00 gm Carared (Weyermann) (47.3 EBC) Grain 5.03 %
150.00 gm Crystal, Dark (Bairds) (216.7 EBC) Grain 3.77 %
100.00 gm Amber Malt (85.0 EBC) Grain 2.52 %
30.00 gm NZ Styrian Goldings [4.40 %] (Dry Hop 4 dHops -
20.00 gm Bramling Cross [5.10 %] (60 min) Hops 14.6 IBU
20.00 gm NZ Styrian Goldings [4.40 %] (60 min) Hops 11.3 IBU
20.00 gm Bramling Cross [5.10 %] (10 min) Hops 5.3 IBU
10.00 gm NZ Styrian Goldings [4.40 %] (5 min) Hops 1.1 IBU
1 Pkgs Windsor Yeast (Lallemand #-) Yeast-Ale

First All Grain on my own Rig an SNPA clone, had to keep emptying the glass till i got the photo just right, damn shame that.

View attachment 21552

Heard about a couple of local brewers who get together at 2am for a beer :lol: You guys have got it bad.

Looks great bulp, clear as, and good white head. Can see the look on ya now, like a rat with a gold tooth :lol:

DSCF3848.JPG

For the hop-heads out there :D

Big on the nose of Amarillo.
Big on the bitterness in taste and little or no residual sweetness :(
Recipe

I actually casked hop the cube with Cascade instead of dry hop with Amarillo.
Gelatine in the keg.

Next time I will use only Ale Malt and mash @ 68.
And leave all flavour hop to 10-15 min and FWH.

Only a week in keg maybe she'll get better if its last past the long w/end. :rolleyes:

my coopers real ale on day three of drinking from the keg, getting much nicer!

pity I sprayed most of it on the floor,
beerday3qy6.jpg

Saw a bottle of this sitting around, so decided to crack it open:
Aftermath_005.jpg
The Stickler.
A lager I brewed last year with Sticklebract hops.
Very different kind of hop flavour; pine needle-like, intense citrus, i'd best liken to kumquat of all things!

My dunkelweizen, only a week old and needs a bit more carb, but the flavour has bread a touch of toffee and a good balance of clove and banana. Just the thing after a hard day yanking weeds.

05102008.jpg

cheers

grant

Here is my Galaxy Blond Ale, 20g@60mins, 10mins and 5 mins. It was all passionfruit at first, but after a few weeks has mellowed nicely. I'll definitely be doing this one again.

DSC02355.JPG

cheers

Browndog

This is an attempt at a red ale, and if it came out really nice if I do say so myself.
I just need another homebrew nutter locally to critique it and others. :party:

RedAle.jpg

Back