Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunkelweizen

Made with Weyermann Dark Wheat, Bohemien Pils, Carawheat and a bit of darker malt for colour from memory

Smooth and drinkable but quite flavourful. Mild chocolate flavour and aroma that melts into a malty background with a mild yeast character of clove and a touch of bubblegum, not much babanna from the 3068 this time round but it fermented cool.

cheers

Very nice Tony, wish i had your ability to describe a beer, mine are either keepers or shite :lol:

have you posted this recipe anywhere by chance ?

Cheers
Yard

No mate but i will tonight when i fire up my laptop. Promash is on that computer.

Im very impressed with it. I think i got very high efficiency too as it ended up at around 1.060 from memory. It has the slightest hint of alcahol warmth in the background and in my head after a longneck while dehydrated from walking in the sun all morning

Woo Hoo....... beer buz :)

cheers

The latest Screwys Red Ale or "Rory" as it's known around here DSCF8282.JPG

You should have brought some to BABBs the other night, I had mine and BD also brought his.

To think I could be there watching him brew and drinking his beer but for the lack of a second car :(

BTW Jye, I definately enjoyed yours the other night. Very nice indeed.

Troydo brought his along the meeting before Jye :)

Was bloody nice, as was yours and BDs on Thursday.

Geez you guys make some fantastic beers! And Kram's Award Winning Schwarz...... :icon_drool2:

Cheers

Maibock.

For mine not enough maltiness and a little too much sweetness.
It still a nice beer however and a lovely kick at 7.2%:icon_drunk:
Wasn't going to put this in a PHaT as I am on cooking duties tonight!

C&B
TDA

mash_paddle.jpg

Maibock.

For mine not enough maltiness and a little too much sweetness.
It still a nice beer however and a lovely kick at 7.2%:icon_drunk:
Wasn't going to put this in a PHaT as I am on cooking duties tonight!

C&B
TDA

Looks awesome.I'd like to share one of them with you cobber,we're well overdue for a beer or two
Batz

Good to see a Maibock with a touch of colour TDA.

I think people try too much to keep it pale like a Helles.

Im still regretting the infection of mine and have nightmares of pouring 40 odd liters down the drain.

Will make another soon for winter drinking...... maybe ferment feb or march.

Can you share the recipe.... id love to see it :)

cheers

American Amber Ale with the seemingly obligatory first sip:

AAA.jpg

Fermed with Wyeast Fat Tire (VSS). I'd be hard pressed to distinguish it between 1056. Fermed at 18C-finishing@20C. It is slightly nutty and more advanced in fruity esters than the 1056, but I'd be splitting hairs in truly trying to distinguish it. Having said that, I reckon the strain would compliment true biscuit malt very well and wish I'd roasted some 2-row over JW Amber malt.

reVox

American Amber Ale with the seemingly obligatory first sip:

AAA.jpg

Fermed with Wyeast Fat Tire (VSS). I'd be hard pressed to distinguish it between 1056. Fermed at 18C-finishing@20C. It is slightly nutty and more advanced in fruity esters than the 1056, but I'd be splitting hairs in truly trying to distinguish it. Having said that, I reckon the strain would compliment true biscuit malt very well and wish I'd roasted some 2-row over JW Amber malt.

reVox

Nice looking beer, what is that weed growing next to the glass. :lol:

Latest posts

Back