Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
English IPA. I have nursed this keg for about 4 weeks and she's about to blow... A touch high on the caramel notes but still really good.

109_1661.JPG

109_1624.JPG

^^ oooh that looks good

Half-Wit Chinook Pale - Simple but bloody tasty and refreshing, one of my best beers I think

nnm7es.jpg

Perfect way to end a brewday...

ps. props to Bribie G, I'm making a version of his version of landlord and damnnnn the samples are tasting good! :icon_drool2: :icon_cheers:

More a "what was in the glass Friday Night":

Excuse the iphone photos - I (or my kids) stuffed our cheapie samsung camera. Beers look better in real life

1. Belgian Pale (T58 at 18 degrees, Pils, a little wheat and Willamette):

IMG_0483.JPG

2. Tony's Monteith Original Ale clone (but by the time I'd changed the base grain, the yeast (Notto didn't take, ended up hydrating some s189 and pitching) and chucked some Pacific Gem and Willamette in late (due to overvigorous boil needing a dilution), it's more like a late hopped Southern English Brown):

IMG_0484.JPG

saison2.jpg

who says fizzy yellow beer is boring? my best saison to date using 100% belg pils and homegrown hallertau on 3724.

mer.JPG

Irish Red, appears darker than what it is - tasty sessional ale.

Edit: should have done a day light shot :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmn, doesn't she look fantastic.... I think I'll serve it just like this :icon_drool2:

308cm03.jpg

"Do you fancy a glass of my new belgi....." :icon_vomit:

First one from a new batch of Shootin' Saison.
ss1.JPG
Hmmm, may have to sample a few of these....

Simcoe Cube Hopped APA.

APA.jpg

Lacking a little in aroma, so will dry hop the next batch. Nice amount of malt to back up the bitterness. Too drinkable!

Cheers

the latest hoppy red. dry hopped with cascade and columbus
F7F8231C.jpg

also a chance to show off the new glass.

Biere de Noel (swap beer).
noel.JPG
Light faint sourness, hints of malt sweetness, dry finish, alcohol well hidden.
Overall nice sipper 9%ABV

Thinking I might do another batch of The Black Death for the swap. Whadayathink Perry? If not, will bring a keg of it along. We'll all be done before 7pm :p

The Noel is looking good :)

Cheers

it'd be the quietest swap ever :D

Back