Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO's Dad's Dark, brewed over 2 years ago.

IMG_1975.JPG

Just tapped my first AG.

da8nk.jpg

Its some kind of ale.
84.7% TF perle
8.5% wheat
6.8% carared
Bittered with columbus
columbus, chinook, cascade, centennial late, cube hop and dry hop.

OG 1056
55 IBU

**** yeah!

Just tapped my first AG.

da8nk.jpg

Its some kind of ale.
84.7% TF perle
8.5% wheat
6.8% carared
Bittered with columbus
columbus, chinook, cascade, centennial late, cube hop and dry hop.

OG 1056
55 IBU

**** yeah!
Pretty good feeling knowing you have a keg of it!

:icon_offtopic: had my car stolen from the drive way and wife's car has been broken into a few times.they are spare's

APA with B Saaz, Cascade and a touch of Galaxy, nice drop :icon_drunk:

Shown on Ghetto 1 c drip tray conversion......

IMAG0172.jpg

Oatmeal stout that I fixed. I steeped the dark grains but it didn't work out and turned out brown so I steeped 200g caraaroma, 170g roast barley, 250g chocolate then mixed the extract with the cube of brown stout and dumped it on a 1968 yeast cake. I must say it's early days and it's tasting bloody fantastic. Still carbing but just like an english beer right now yum!

IMG_0583.jpg

A small sample of my Flanders Red from the fermenter. I was checking the gravity and gauging if it's ready to be racked onto some oak. Gave it a squirt from the pocket beer engine for effect. Totally in love with the colour. :eek:

The balsamic sourness is just starting to take a hold 10 months in. There's some promise to repay all this waiting. :D

mvrxj6.jpg

Warren -

Are you saying that was in the fermenter for 10 months?

IMG_1472.jpg

The last of my Stout, brewed back in July 2010.

It's mellowed beautifully over the last two years, and now has soft aroma of coffee and chocolate, similar mellow malt flavour with complexity of soft grainy bitterness from the roast barley helping to balance it all, no perceivable hop character, and with a soft lingering finish.

Maturing Stouts does nice things to them. It's a better drink now than it was during the first year of its life.

Very simple recipe, put together with the help of MHB. Pale Malt, Roast Barley, and Flaked Barley, and Target at 60 min to 50 IBU.

Auld Pete Smoked Porter - Cask
auld_pete.JPG
Hmm, tasty, might have to chuck this into the Scratch Comp. :icon_cheers:

Found a mystery bottle in the shed fridge, turns out its a Stoned in the Woods pale ale

I must try to hold onto beer longer, It's gone all clear and purdy now

14ad8g9.jpg

Back