Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok wont beat that beer but here is a coopers sparkling clone. Its got more malt backbone then the counterpart but is very nice.

med_gallery_13706_872_655720.jpg

Nice looking beers! I just had a keg of Simcoe APA blow :( so these pics are helping me get through this tough time.

and i have 50 liters of it to suck on :)
Hey Tony looks bloody beautiful,have you put the recipe in the data base yet????if not can you post it here,got a few days off coming up.Time to brew me thinks!! :icon_cheers:

hefeweizen

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 11.00
Anticipated OG: 1.048 Plato: 11.99
Anticipated EBC: 7.4
Anticipated IBU: 12.4
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
63.6 7.00 kg. Weyermann Pale Wheat Germany 1.038 4
32.7 3.60 kg. Weyermann Pilsner Germany 1.038 4
3.6 0.40 kg. Weyermann Carahell Germany 1.035 26

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
42.00 g. Hallertau Aroma Whole 7.00 12.4 40 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen

Mashed in @ 2L/kg @ 52 deg for 10 min
infused to 63 deg and rest for 45min
infused to 71 deg for 15 min
Drained and sparged with 80 deg water

ferment @20 deg and dump in keg from primary as soon as its done!

Not often I have something worthy of this thread, but this is one of the best bitters I've made. Fermented with both Wyeast 1469 & 1968, challenger all the way through, Simpsons MO and dark crystal. I'll throw it in the recipe DB (as painful as the DB is) soon.

f4011747.jpg

:icon_offtopic: Send me $100 and I'll do you one of my fake Cezannes for the wall :p

Actually there's a genetic reason that people love pictures like PW's - we all came from the Savannah in East Africa and given the choice always go for landscape pictures that resemble the country we came from -open ground punctuated by clumps of trees (to hide from lions), some water and a pathway through the scene with hills in the background that we can explore, and our eyes are drawn to. Some scientists took a selection of paintings to people all over the planet including Inuit, city dwellers, PNG Highlanders etc who had never seen the savannah and they all picked the "calendar landscape" painting.
That's also why our public spaces are modelled to look like that as well, parks, golf courses (absolutely perfect example) etc.

The chief guy is in New Zealand and to get rid of pigeons he puts rubber snakes out. There are no snakes in NZ but the kiwi pigeons, even after tens of thousands of generations are still shit scared of them. That's what got him thinking. :huh:

Shite isn't it beer o'clock yet? Might go and do something useful.

hefeweizen

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 11.00
Anticipated OG: 1.048 Plato: 11.99
Anticipated EBC: 7.4
Anticipated IBU: 12.4
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
63.6 7.00 kg. Weyermann Pale Wheat Germany 1.038 4
32.7 3.60 kg. Weyermann Pilsner Germany 1.038 4
3.6 0.40 kg. Weyermann Carahell Germany 1.035 26

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
42.00 g. Hallertau Aroma Whole 7.00 12.4 40 min.

Yeast
-----

WYeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen

Mashed in @ 2L/kg @ 52 deg for 10 min
infused to 63 deg and rest for 45min
infused to 71 deg for 15 min
Drained and sparged with 80 deg water

ferment @20 deg and dump in keg from primary as soon as its done!
Cheers Tony got some 3068 in the fridge,so you go straight from the fermenter into the keg??definately be giving this one a go!!

Doesn't 330ml worth of beer look silly in a pint :(

This GA was out of the fridge @ 5degrees so we will say around 7 - 8 degrees after pouring and stuffing around taking photo.
Quite happy with the performance of Brewbrite. This is bottled and unfiltered, the filtered and kegged version has got a bit more "sparkle" about it which is good for serving to those only used to bright mega swill.
Otherwise i prefer this bottled version as for my taste buds it has more flavour....hmm

IMG_9463.JPG

Cheers Tony got some 3068 in the fridge,so you go straight from the fermenter into the keg??definately be giving this one a go!!

Yeah mate, I chill the primary ferment for a couple days so its not yeast soup, and fill strait to the keg and carb.

I just cable tie a bit of nylon filter cloth like the stuff a hop sock is made from on the end of the tube to catch any chunky bits.

It really is the laziest style you can make, love it :)

pacificoale.jpg

Not very clear, but this "pacifico ale" with galaxy hops, is the best beer i've had on since i got rid of my infection drama's, and its great to just have nice beer on. I fermented this with 1968, which worked pretty well.

Trying the IIPA again tonight. THere is hop aroma and some colour but still i must not drink it yet!! Is carbonated and nice head but i must let it sit longer.

DSC00855.JPG

Belgian Pale on the left. Lueven Ale yeast - Nice, not overly Belgian in the funky sour way, subtle esters. A sessionable Belgian if there is such a beast?
Landlord on the right. First crack at the good Dr.s recipe. Happy with it. Love the ringwood yeast. Looking forward to trying it in my copperhead...

P4193786.JPG

another angle, different light

P4193784__1024x950_.jpg

Something a bit different, Sampaloc Oud Bruin - an Oud Bruin flavoured with Tamarind.
sam.JPG

fruity, choc malt aroma, quite sour initially, then fruity (sour plums?) with a touch of iron with an odd sweet/sour finish.
Really quite nice overall, but I think I can safely say that I've ever had anything like it before.

Edit: now I've had a few more sips its rather more stewed prunes than sour plums.

tamarind.... interesting.

My dad found a jar of Tamarind extract in my brothers fridge and asked what it was. We told him it was a type of Thai jam and he should try it.

In went the finger...... and you can imagine the rest :p

Atomium Belgian Blonde,
atom.JPG
there are heaps of these highly hopped versions around and this is great (tangerines, melon?), way time to rewrite this section of BJCP, people.
Edit: Spellink, I blame the Scratch

Back