Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do that with my 42" LED for watching IPTV but if I used that for desktop stuff I'd end up with a neck like a giraffe.

dupont biere de miel biologique saison 8%
750ml corked n caged bottle

dont think these guys brew a bad beer ? this one is really nice, looks really tempting and tastes even better, no pic as my uploads are maxed out

All the Polish language you'll ever need

Last edited by a moderator:
Bribie G said:
Rooten Tooten Hooten. Ekeing out a keg of Bombardier until the next one comes on later in the week (bloody rellies)

$30 a carton, typical Dutch beer with nice rich Euro hop nose - I mean this is 2013 and it breaks down to $7.50 a six pack - 1990s prices. :super:

Recently finished a case of this that someone left at a party early last February...

Actually I quite enjoyed it for when ever I wanted a nice slight malty hoppy eurolager.

Not bad. Specially for 30 bucks.

Gage Road The Convict. I have no idea what an Australian Strong Ale is supposed to be so I'm walking into this one with nothing other than the ususal treppidation one reserves for a new Gage Roads beer.

I opened it and was immediately taken aback. Given the time of release and the marketing, I was mostly expecting it to be an imperialised VB. On the pour all I could smell was fairly aggressive New World hops. From the glass, I could smell more hops and a nearly bang-on US maltiness. Was very excited to taste. Thin and fizzy. The nice enough flavour up front dissapates almost immediately. Was expecting it to finish dry but what it does is it just finishes. There's beer, then there's not beer. Smells and looks great. Seems like half a beer to me, especially since it is 7.2%. It's not badly done but it is under done. Little bit sticky/cloying afterwards which is odd given the body. I'd probably buy again if it was one of their regular roster and the price was right.

Possibly in the category of "I'll try anything once", combined with the ever disappointing lack of craft beer at my (all?) Dan Murphy's:

Quite enjoyed the aroma, plenty of banana. The taste was less exciting, plenty of malt and bready yeast flavour...with a little banana but a curious bitter aftertaste that seemed out of place.

Banana Bread Beer.JPG

Bribie G said:
Zoomed up to Port this afternoon to buy a new desktop monitor and called into Dan's on way back - they are building one in Taree later this year woot.

My version of Bombardier compared to the real thing is a wee bit sad looking at the moment - however it's only been in the keg for a couple of days so I'm still getting the hazy stuff.
Nonetheless I think I'm 80% of the way. Apart from the colour - and yes I do need to up the SRMs with more xtal and darker invert:

• Really aromatic hop zing that follows through into the finish, which I think must the be fuggles, I've just got in a fresh batch
  • A buttery caramelly richness that I'm sure must come from the invert, it tastes just like the stuff on the outside of a toffee apple :icon_drool2: - also I'm sure there's some Diacetyl in there which makes my choice of 1768 a lucky guess.
Completely off topic, if you are looking to upgrade your desktop to a kick arse 25" full HD 1920x1080 then get ye unto Officeworks which has the LG at $225 at the moment.
It's 3D enabled if you want to install the disc, won't be bothering myself. Pron never looked so good. :)
Glasses need a bit of a wash mate!

Trying a Heretic evil cousin iipa 8%

mega hop bomb :icon_drool2:

great looking label aswell :ph34r:

Had a bottle of Cantillon Fou’ Foune at The Tipplers Tap on Oz day - it was effing awesome.

Taddy porter in good condition @ the Villager from before the deluge.

taddy.JPG

Beer modeled by Northside Novice.

I was a bit dusty after that night mate, and those taddy's were tasting very good , thanks again for all the single malt tastings upstairs :D

Reminded me to crack this Smithy I grabbed the other day ,
samsmith 001 (480x640).jpg
organic golden ale fermented in the old stone yorshire squares 5%.
A nice golden ale , nice maltyness, light hoppyness, yum,
but would prefer to be supping an oatmeal or taddy !

cheers to dane for extending to upload quota too, let the uploads run free ....

:party:

I've been sitting on this one for the last few years. Used by was Feb 2012.

It's mellowed out quite a bit. Lost some of the fruitiness and alcohol bite but still delicious.

20130128_174310.jpg

Will88 said:
I've been sitting on this one for the last few years. Used by was Feb 2012.

It's mellowed out quite a bit. Lost some of the fruitiness and alcohol bite but still delicious.

20130128_174310.jpg
I have some bottles of Terrible tucked away :)

Blitzer said:
How much was the Cantillon @ Tipplers?
Not cheap! but worth it, & its hard to get.

Taking my camera for a walk around Newtown today which is a good way of getting from pub to pub. After a JSGA, a Coopers Green and a Stone and Wood I'm now at the Townie with a Reschs Draught.

As usual it is holding its head up proudly, a good honest old style Aussie with tons of flavour and a nice long bitter finish.

Actually more enjoyable to me than the hoppy but not in a totally nice way S&W. As the manager agreed it's a pity that it is becoming hard to find as it is being forced off the fonts by the increasing JS and fat yak and - of late - cider brands.

Back