Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tucking into a Squealer of Doc's Prescription 12 Belgian Black IPA. Very nice, great balance, roasty then colombus-y bitter finish. cheers!

my last puffing billy! what a good drop after nothing but ******* belgians! the next hber who offers me a belgian will get it as a anemia!!

Some times its more about time and place, eg a nice Coopers pale on a stinking hot day at 'The Tree' pub at Seventeen Seventy.
Lurvely, could sit here all day - so I did.

the tree coopers.JPG

Got a carton of 500ml imported Becks cans for $55.

Not bad at all :)

BEcks can (1152 x 1728).jpg

northside novice said:
Hi Muggus, i got it from the german club in brisbane.
Its pretty damm nice isn't it.

Tucking into my a SN northern hem harvest.
Mmmm, so much better then the southern - the wet grassy resin hop hit is perfect.
The high malt hit blends brillantly into the high hops/alc% and ends on a well rounded clean finish with a lingering resin - the best bit.

Need to impregnate my fermenters with this one and hope she puts out well.

Rooten Tooten Hooten. Ekeing out a keg of Bombardier until the next one comes on later in the week (bloody rellies)

$30 a carton, typical Dutch beer with nice rich Euro hop nose - I mean this is 2013 and it breaks down to $7.50 a six pack - 1990s prices. :super:

hooten bottle.jpg

Bribie G said:
Rooten Tooten Hooten. Ekeing out a keg of Bombardier until the next one comes on later in the week (bloody rellies)

$30 a carton, typical Dutch beer with nice rich Euro hop nose - I mean this is 2013 and it breaks down to $7.50 a six pack - 1990s prices. :super:
Yeah, this is a Liquor Stax private label beer. Excellent value, and it's actually fully imported!

It also comes in a 650mL longneck.
We've got it for an everyday price of $40 for a carton of 15 - $2.67 a longneck

Cracked open a bottle of Stone and Wood Garden Ale I bought from Dans - sadly I think its shot, suffering from Australia's heatwave. Metallic bitey taste, muted hop aromas.

Cracked open a bottle of Stone and Wood Garden Ale I bought from Dans - sadly I think its shot, suffering from Australia's heatwave. Metallic bitey taste, muted hop aromas.

I think that's what happened to a LC Bright Ale I had today.....tasted ordinary. On 24 Ibu though, got to admit, lately I've been having a lot of IPAs, especially the mikkeler range.

Zoomed up to Port this afternoon to buy a new desktop monitor and called into Dan's on way back - they are building one in Taree later this year woot.

My version of Bombardier compared to the real thing is a wee bit sad looking at the moment - however it's only been in the keg for a couple of days so I'm still getting the hazy stuff.
Nonetheless I think I'm 80% of the way. Apart from the colour - and yes I do need to up the SRMs with more xtal and darker invert:

• Really aromatic hop zing that follows through into the finish, which I think must the be fuggles, I've just got in a fresh batch
  • A buttery caramelly richness that I'm sure must come from the invert, it tastes just like the stuff on the outside of a toffee apple :icon_drool2: - also I'm sure there's some Diacetyl in there which makes my choice of 1768 a lucky guess.
Completely off topic, if you are looking to upgrade your desktop to a kick arse 25" full HD 1920x1080 then get ye unto Officeworks which has the LG at $225 at the moment.
It's 3D enabled if you want to install the disc, won't be bothering myself. Pron never looked so good. :)

Whats in the glass Jan 13.jpg

Whats in the glass 2 Jan 13.jpg

What's in the glass monitor.jpg

Gee..you call that screen oooopps a beer.. :icon_offtopic: why not hook the tele into the pc and get bigger picture

Back