Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the raspberry wheat , not amazing but thought its was quite nice .

also , the german club has pretty much every kind of schneider weisse in bottles which you can buy takeaway if you are a member ($5 membership fee), so i went a lil crazy this arvo :rolleyes: sorry for blurry pix ,

newyears_2012.13_041__1024x768_.jpg

blublubl_ulululu_001.JPG

tap six, Unser Aventinus 8.2% bubbleyum

I enjoyed the raspberry wheat , not amazing but thought its was quite nice .

also , the german club has pretty much every kind of schneider weisse in bottles which you can buy takeaway if you are a member ($5 membership fee), so i went a lil crazy this arvo :rolleyes: sorry for blurry pix ,

View attachment 59708

View attachment 59707

tap six, Unser Aventinus 8.2% bubbleyum

The tap x stuff is great too

This one is a limited not for sale Malt Shovel (Lion) brew, made strictly for employees who participated in a video apparently.
It's called Crying Lion.
I'm getting Amarillo in here, with a refreshing bitterness coming down the sides of my tongue. Not too heavy, and not too drawn out.
A strong sweet malty smell with a little taste on the tongue after the bitterness.
Not bad, but not tops!

EDIT: iPhone fingers

image.jpg

sounds interesting, wish i could try it , why not public release it ? wonder why they seem to have stopped their limited (but for public sale) seasonal brews? so many quality aussie craft brews/breweries might be scareing the big boys off maybe ? I some times wish the big boys would be like

' ok, we have unlimited resorces, so lets brew a few really kick ass brews and show the craft world what we are made of !'

bloody fready cats

sounds interesting, wish i could try it , why not public release it ? wonder why they seem to have stopped their limited (but for public sale) seasonal brews? so many quality aussie craft brews/breweries might be scareing the big boys off maybe ? I some times wish the big boys would be like

' ok, we have unlimited resorces, so lets brew a few really kick ass brews and show the craft world what we are made of !'

bloody fready cats
Apparently one of the bosses is moving on and they made a limited run for him based on his favourite brew, as far as the old man told me, they gave it to everyone who joined in the video for the making of it. Probably some kind of going away present or something.

I would like to think its a product trial and they are looking for internal feedback on a new Squire brew? As you can see, it is in a JS bottle.

The Mad Brewers did a seasonal beer over winter called Ginger Chops, that was the last i heard of, maybe something will come soon!

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA - tastes slightly of boiled cabbage. Do they use it in the kettle? :wacko:

Apparently one of the bosses is moving on and they made a limited run for him based on his favourite brew, as far as the old man told me, they gave it to everyone who joined in the video for the making of it. Probably some kind of going away present or something.

I would like to think its a product trial and they are looking for internal feedback on a new Squire brew? As you can see, it is in a JS bottle.

The Mad Brewers did a seasonal beer over winter called Ginger Chops, that was the last i heard of, maybe something will come soon!

yes i did notice the bottle which brought back good memories :icon_chickcheers: cheers for the heads up , these old men you talk of are getting few and far between and quickly bing replaced by gobchites like me <_<

the tallie syndrom doesnt do the old brews justice at all , rum runner was such a luberly drop , not sure of the native origins of a hoppy heffe or the likes but hey , the petrie valley was full of dutch farmers at one time , maybe they could enlighten me on the malt shovel ways ?

jurt . not a dig at you , just thoughts on beer :icon_cheers:

For social reasons I was stuck on James Squires Amber (on tap) for all of this arvo and it turns out it is actually a pretty damned nice beer all things considered. Not a huge fan of the bottled version but I quite enjoyed it and missed it when I has FORCED to drink Fat Yaks (tap) all night.

[EDIT: drunks type poorly]

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA - tastes slightly of boiled cabbage. Do they use it in the kettle? :wacko:

alas it has been told of a dirty uncle dan that cares less for fresh ales ! was once a ******* fantastic drop of west coast usa goodness , i would suggest brew you own massive american indian pale ale and reap the rewards :icon_drool2:

i happen to have 1 bottle froms dans which was obtained just befor christmas , fuk it , i shall hence crack it and gulp its fortitude and bring feedback to this merry thread :icon_drunk:

brisbane_003.JPG

hmm interesting,

is it the fact that i am thinking cabbage from the prior post, or have ballast point brewed a cabbage ipa?

bbf:31/08/13

so they expect a long life, but yes i must agree, this batch has lost the sharpness of the standard,

aroma somehow is still pressent though not as pressent as befor ,

hmmm sounds like a whodunnit,hitchcock?

at 7% and this price , well , its not that bad is it ?

reminds me of a homebrew aipa too long on the keg but still gets ya drunk so well i am chassing me tail boom boom

yes i did notice the bottle which brought back good memories :icon_chickcheers: cheers for the heads up , these old men you talk of are getting few and far between and quickly bing replaced by gobchites like me <_<

the tallie syndrom doesnt do the old brews justice at all , rum runner was such a luberly drop , not sure of the native origins of a hoppy heffe or the likes but hey , the petrie valley was full of dutch farmers at one time , maybe they could enlighten me on the malt shovel ways ?

jurt . not a dig at you , just thoughts on beer :icon_cheers:
Would never have taken it as a dig mate :icon_chickcheers: I don't brew it!
In other news, Ive got a Leffe 9 there I'm waiting to try, anyone had it before?

View attachment 59733

end of days

actually a very much head **** of a beer slash cider slash jack the slasher

hmm bottle full of the devils nectar
beware ;
might suggest and include nudity, masterbation, sacrifies, inlightenment , lots of hugs, bit of 'hey hey calm down man',
mmm yeah , have a try if you dare? go on lagerboy is like saying hmm try a mashmellow when there is bathsalts on offer ? yu\

llnnhhfhh

mnjgfgrgr

yes sooggffg

Har har...
another victim of the Billy B's

View attachment 59729

hmm interesting,

is it the fact that i am thinking cabbage from the prior post, or have ballast point brewed a cabbage ipa?

bbf:31/08/13

so they expect a long life, but yes i must agree, this batch has lost the sharpness of the standard,

aroma somehow is still pressent though not as pressent as befor ,

hmmm sounds like a whodunnit,hitchcock?

at 7% and this price , well , its not that bad is it ?

reminds me of a homebrew aipa too long on the keg but still gets ya drunk so well i am chassing me tail boom boom
I find these big hop beers too cloying and sickly, the fault must be mine! I got definite boiled cabbage and cloying malt. But I also found the Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe to be a disgusting syrupy mess, almost undrinkable. My tastes are clearly not in line with the vogue and I was bitter at not just grabbing another Leffe, fool!!

I find these big hop beers too cloying and sickly, the fault must be mine! I got definite boiled cabbage and cloying malt. But I also found the Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe to be a disgusting syrupy mess, almost undrinkable. My tastes are clearly not in line with the vogue and I was bitter at not just grabbing another Leffe, fool!!

I too suffered the dissapointment of Hoppy Heffe. Too many brewers just throwing butt loads of hops at some thrown together malt bill and claiming its in the glory of craft beer, then charging ridiculous prices to cover the cost of huge dry hopping regimes. I dont pay bucks to 'smell' whats in the glass.

Sucking on a Westmalle Tripel ATM, a nice beer, big bubblegum and banana's on the nose, big round body and lovely malty flavour, then the alcohol hit slides in behind it and takes away all that was good. IMO would be a much better beer if the alc was a little lower and not so obvious. I know its highly rated but I find with this as with other trappist brews I have drank, the alcohol content brings them down, they are big tasty beers that fall down when you lose the nice flavours to alcohol burn.

In a kind of proactive approach, I saw this on sale at Dans - I mean for sale.

If you've had a bottle, was the $10 asking price worth it?

northern-nodate.png

In a kind of proactive approach, I saw this on sale at Dans - I mean for sale.

If you've had a bottle, was the $10 asking price worth it?

northern-nodate.png
your sandra sully im afraid. read the previous page. yes

on a related topic. u know you could search the thread and see the reviews.... it wht i did when i bought a mixed case of he best 24 beers i could from purvis years ago.

tZ7H3.jpg

First post in this thread. Enjoying a bit of Old Peculier from Theakston's Brewery.

I'm still getting into the tasting of beers so I can't give you much of an insight. It's very palatable though! Not as fruity as the ales I get up in Scotland.

Anyway, hopefully my tastebuds will wake up after all these years of drinking commercial beers!

For my next beer of the evening,

2uMal.jpg

This stuff is brewed about 40 miles from where I live up here in the Frozen North!

I love the smell of it, but I find it a little bitter for my tastes. Think I prefer the 5am saint to be honest!

For my last trick...

prUet.jpg

Innis and Gunn. The only thing I really get is toffee and more toffee. I'm not too much of a fan to be honest! Apparently it's aged in oak casks, perhaps that's where it gets that flavour!

EDIT: Here is a little video explaining how it came to be!
Linky

I was never that impressed with Shepherd Neames Spitfire, Bishops Finger and Master Brew, however I pushed past that and gave the following beers a try. I'm glad I did because I found both beers to be very nice.

The IPA had lots of English hop character to match the 6.1% ABV.

gallery_2743_249_121692.jpg

The stout had plenty of the expected roast/coffee/choc character. Perfect for these cool English nights.

gallery_2743_249_233828.jpg

Back