Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

L to R from the back: Tripel Hightail, Hop Zombie, Midnight IPA, Epic Pale, 8 Wired Tall Poppy, Temple Bicycle Beer, Mornington Sorachi Klsch and Mikeller Single Hop bottles: Challenger, Citra, Sorachi Ace an Centenial.

The last Hop Hog I had was probably the best I've ever tasted it. I fecking LOVE this beer.

My brother in law brought over a mixed six pack of Mudgee brewery beer. I know I'm not the first to comment on them but I will give my 2c. There was the wheat beer, pale ale, spring ale and porter.

The wheat beer had a really strong lemon citrus taste. I don't know if that is to style but I doubt it. The porter had a weird lemon twang too (and I know that ain't right). The spring ale had a nice hoppy aroma but all the beers were way over carbed and needed to be poured in a glass.

It's a shame. I love craft beer but today was really hot and the cold xxxx went down much nicer.

I managed to scrore some new "glasses" for Christmas. Here's what I ran through them...

Shepherd Neame Christmas ale in a pitch-lined mug. The smell of leather is a little off-putting, but once you're taking a swig (and your nose is inside the mug), the smell disappears. The beer itself is a bit spicey and with plenty of alcohol warmth.

gallery_2743_249_107830.jpg

Augustiner Edelstoff in a ceramic mug. A nice hoppy Bavarian lager.

gallery_2743_249_231642.jpg

My last bottle of Russian River Supplication

photo_3_.JPG

very very very very very very very very sad face

I'm going to help you out Bum and make it clear to all reading that you are not referring to vale IPA or any other remotely similar product.

Oh dear. Thank you very much, manticle. That would have been quite unseemly.

No, I am remarking on the passing of what I know to have been a very nice batch of beer.

James S 'stow away' ipa.
"Strong malt, Lingering bitterness"... Mo think not.
Subtle bitterness and lingering crystal is what i get.
Avg.

Little creatures puffin billy (in a growler)

Nice maltiness, great colour and some hop bitterness there too. Apparently based on a bock? Its kind of getting there, compared to the geman bocks I've tried.

Maybe the wind blew the smoke away, its very subtle and more of an aftertaste. Nice though, very drinkable, and worth the try. Good on you creatures.

Where did you get Russian River beers? I want Pliny...

My brother brought it back from the USA for me. Pliny pops up every now and again in Sydney at Platinum Cellars at Strathfield whenever they import their bi-annual container of US beers.

Pulled an all nighter. :beerbang:
Been trawling thru my record collection while sipping thru a few jars. Don't you love holidays.
Had a growler of Racer 5 IPA.
SN Celebration Ale.
Brooklyn Pumpkin Ale - never again.
Hopdog Redhopulous.

Oh.. **** it ..

Anyway, tastes kinda like citrus and passion-fruit. I dunno, maby some NS in there?
Smells nice.
Did they use LME or table sugar as the base? Pretty gutless in that area.

DSC_4776_zpsb79541e0.jpg

Cage roads pumpkin ale - ******* AWFUL! ( actually left the long neck on the bar)
Followed up with a Heretic Evil Cousin - Wow.... 8% and 100 IBU

6E12C22E-65B6-40B4-90EB-D6FA23192829-16849-00000BCEE826F7F1_zpsac70c0a6.jpg

Thought I would pull some out of the celler to share with the family for new years.
In drinking order

Saison DuPont- quite dissapointed beer was overcarbed and seemed to affect the taste. Had it before in Europe and wasn't anything like this.

BFM weizen bock- lovely went down a treat.

Bogedal barley wine- wow so rich and full awesome beer got even better as it warmed up. considering it was apperntly 7months out of date i believe it definitely could of survived in the celler for a few more.

3fonteinen gueze 2010-dosnt get better then this the best geuze there is if you can get it do so and put it away for a few.

Haandbrygeriet krokkebic- nice lambic soft carbonation and faint crowberry taste. Nice but nothing on 3 fonteinen.

No pic, but I've just cracked a bottle of 3 Monts. Rich, esters, sweet, and very nice...!

3 Monts to see the New Year in? :beerbang:

Here is the edited highlights of the last week or so, don't know what has happen to the lambic bottles or most of the SN range.
Quite a few came here via Northside Novice.
bottles2012.JPG

Explains a few hangovers....

Latest posts

Back