Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i was happy , probly call in tomoz aswell :rolleyes:

View attachment 59417

holgate hopinator double ipa 7%

first i have tried this ,, WOW , the aroma punched me in the nose as soon as i cracked the top and the empty bottle still smells delish 5 mins later ! look like i am chroming !

many of yous have tried it , if not do do asap

You sound like your having a cracker of a sess there tonight!

yeah i luv me tea :icon_cheers:
may as well bag n tag the last one .. hic ...

bbbeeerrr_001__768x1024_.jpgView attachment 59428

holgate road trip american ipa 5.8%
not as hoppy as the last one but my tounge is getting numb so hey , very noice , smooth bitterness and lingering hoppy goodness,

sierra eat ya heart out ,

3 monts Flanders ale.

I suppose I didn't hate it. Mf is creepin up on me with the alc, crazy easy to swill. 8.5%. Wasn't much hop I smelt or tasted, malt was light and sweet. Could be a regular session beer if it wasn't so bloody strong and 12 bucks a bottle 750 ml. Not buying again for a strong.

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest. BWS has them for $10 at the moment. A much better beer than the Southern Hemisphere Harvest released earlier in the year...

Found Pabst Blue Ribbon at Dan's this afternoon.

Had a sip and now my dad is drinking it... :icon_vomit:

Pics to come but here's a bit of a list...
Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Grand Cru
Barrel Aged Old Rasputin
Stone Old Guardian 2010 Bourbon Aged

And to be honest that us only scratching the surface... Full list when I'm no longer drinking :)

Sorry, no photos but I had to share with those will appreciate it. Upside of being forced to fly to the US for work the week before Christmas is that the hotel was in staggering distance of a Dogfish Head Ale House. Needless to say there were not many beers in the line up left untasted.

Highlight last night though was they had 120 Minute IPA on tap! Amazing beer for what it is; quite sweet but very smooth for an 18% beer. Would be a fantastic sipper for the end of a long winters night.

My favourites for the week though were the Bitches Brew and the Palo Santo.

Food was American pub style, but really well done. The Jambalaya I had last night was sensational. Not sure whether all of the Dogfish Head Alehouses are as good as the one in Gaithersburg, but if you happen to be in the Washington DC/Virginia/Maryland area they are well worth a visit.

Just had pretty merry night at archive.

Started with a brooklyn Black ops

Next an Achel (smallest trappist brewery in the world) I know theres only 6) extra brun/Quad (damn tasty)

and then a rochefort 10 (wow! just wow)

Sierra nevada Narwal (imperial stout)

birra del ducato sally brown!

and beyond this a blur of tap beers that more than finished of the night

merry christmas

Sorry, no photos but I had to share with those will appreciate it. Upside of being forced to fly to the US for work the week before Christmas is that the hotel was in staggering distance of a Dogfish Head Ale House. Needless to say there were not many beers in the line up left untasted.

Highlight last night though was they had 120 Minute IPA on tap! Amazing beer for what it is; quite sweet but very smooth for an 18% beer. Would be a fantastic sipper for the end of a long winters night.

My favourites for the week though were the Bitches Brew and the Palo Santo.

Food was American pub style, but really well done. The Jambalaya I had last night was sensational. Not sure whether all of the Dogfish Head Alehouses are as good as the one in Gaithersburg, but if you happen to be in the Washington DC/Virginia/Maryland area they are well worth a visit.
*******!

:p
Merry Xmas BTW Hefe

aooni.jpg
Just hauled in for a couple of these :) Damm good bottlo, what.
I'll have them in the pool gazebo wearing my party pants.
View attachment 59517
Hurrah.

3 monts Flanders ale.

I suppose I didn't hate it. Mf is creepin up on me with the alc, crazy easy to swill. 8.5%. Wasn't much hop I smelt or tasted, malt was light and sweet. Could be a regular session beer if it wasn't so bloody strong and 12 bucks a bottle 750 ml. Not buying again for a strong.

Love trois monts. $12 for a 750 of 8.5% beer is a good price.

Not a hoppy beer, nor is it meant to be.

Not really a session beer either but I think I know what you mean.

haha good to hear the gazebo is finished mate :super: these cans will get your hooter hooting :D

nnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmkj_001__768x1024_.jpgnnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmkj_002__768x1024_.jpg

inspired me to crack open one of these , still cant read japanese :( but does still taste great , thinking it is a lesser brother to the aooni, great colour and aroma n full of luberly malty hoppy goodness :rolleyes:

Pics to come but here's a bit of a list...
Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Grand Cru
Barrel Aged Old Rasputin
Stone Old Guardian 2010 Bourbon Aged

And to be honest that us only scratching the surface... Full list when I'm no longer drinking :)

jealous much :lol:

Sierra Nevada Northern Harvest - man what a beer, aroma and flavour of those hops are sensational, but nicely balanced - highly recommend getting a bottle or two.

Followed up with a chilled dry martini - frikken awesome.

Back