Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg I am hearing you loud n clear :beer:

Hmm, may have to stock up a few specials for an Xmas/New Year session :party:

Could not wait to post this. My Champion beer of Show from the 2012 AABC's

Brewed at Bacchus by Ross and Gavin, assisted (hindered) by me.

Firetail Velvet Stout at The Scratch.

The board
board.jpg

The beer
20121214_150331.jpg

For all you in Brisbane, it is still there but may be gone by nights end. Get down there!

Cheers

Brewed at Bacchus by Ross and Gavin, assisted (hindered) by me.

Firetail Velvet Stout at The Scratch.

The board
View attachment 59333

The beer
View attachment 59332

For all you in Brisbane, it is still there but may be gone by nights end. Get down there!

Cheers

Had a taste this afternoon. Very nice, even for someone who isn't a fan of sweeter style stouts.
Hand pump is a great choice for this beer...

I probably bumped into you, was with the loud group in the back corner!

Was stoked with how it turned out, the Scratch boys said it was outselling the other stout 3 to 1.
:chug:

Well I finally got a bottle of schneider weisse Aventinus. I was looking for it for ages after reading "Wheat" and im so glad I found it! What an amazing beer! I got the recipe out of the book so i'll brew it batch after next and use 3068 or WB-06 (if im lazy). They don't give up the yeast in the book but I reckon 3068 will get me close.

Have you posted the recipe anywhere? I'd love to see it.

Last year the Stouts averaged around high 30's at AABC, this year blew that out of the water :)

Have you posted the recipe anywhere? I'd love to see it.
Last year the Stouts averaged around high 30's at AABC, this year blew that out of the water :)
Will do when I can get access to the laptop. :rolleyes:
It's such a great style, I love brewing it.
Cheers

Found a few Hefe's that had gone past thier BB date.
Luckily they were Schneiders Tap 1 & 4 and still drinking well.
tap4.JPG
This was the 6.5% organic, damm tasty - but I'd like to know where the hint of Belgian crystal sugar comes from.
tap_1.JPG
Noice!

sunday_16_dec_2012_002.JPG

good ol punk ipa , really just wanted to show off my new horn stein :rolleyes:
she took 2.5 bottles :lol:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_001.JPG

mort subite gueuze 4.5%

lovely colour and aroma, only startin to get into lambics so not sure if this is a good one ?
though I am enjoying it on a balmy summers sunday .

Where you getting your cans from rowy? i havent seen any round these areas yet ?

View attachment 59366

mort subite gueuze 4.5%

lovely colour and aroma, only startin to get into lambics so not sure if this is a good one ?
though I am enjoying it on a balmy summers sunday .

Where you getting your cans from rowy? i havent seen any round these areas yet ?

Can only seem to strike them at the scratch bar. Looked at bottlo's everywhere with no results.

Can only seem to strike them at the scratch bar. Looked at bottlo's everywhere with no results.

The Big Belgian shipment should appear this week Rowy <_<
So much for budget constraints over Xmas

Well Perry what's chrissy without a European influence. Work wise and family wise I am up in the air at the moment but don't suprised if a tall fat german donesn't crash your party this Friday about 1 to 2ish. ;) Mummy has even offered to retrieve my carcass if required

Latest posts

Back