Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale (this title typing caper is thirsty work). I'm not quite able to believe that I am going to say this - but I think it would be much nicer if they cut back the crystal a bit and brought the bitterness down a touch further than that. Nice beer though. Lovely spiciness which I think suffers slighty at the hands of the thick mouthfeel and lingering bitterness.

2 yr old stubby of big helga. Quite delicious. Bitterness has developed and nice sweet maltiness on the nose.

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale (this title typing caper is thirsty work). I'm not quite able to believe that I am going to say this - but I think it would be much nicer if they cut back the crystal a bit and brought the bitterness down a touch further than that. Nice beer though. Lovely spiciness which I think suffers slighty at the hands of the thick mouthfeel and lingering bitterness.

Well fark me Bum I can't beleive that i'm actually going to agree with you :eek:

It was still a great beer though.

It's okay. The disorientation will pass.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Would be chuffed to make something similar.

the fig jam was great

photo__2_.JPG

photo__1_.JPG

photo__3_.JPG

A very nice beer from Dupont.
bon.JPG
Photo by a drunken ar*ehole according to herself, possibly correct on this occasion.

Holy shit! I have just tasted my new favorite beer. Just a shame I only bought 2 from the Belgian shop online.
image.jpg

This is AWESOME I want to have its babies!

Edit: Sorry cant rotate on iPad.

Duvel, yum. Luckily for you, and all of us, it is more common in Australia, get hunting!

*edit - now I've rotated the picture I see it is Tripel hop - is this a different brew from the normal golden Ale, or just different packaging?

I'm chugging on a 1 litre growler of Rodenbach Grand cru, fresh from Steves cool booze kingsford.
Not cheap at $25 a litre but couldn't go past it just this once.

Duvel Tripel Hop is brewed once a year. First one (2010) was done with Saaz-Saaz. 2011 with Amarillo. This years is Citra and it is incredible. Available in Australia at a few select places.

View attachment 57427

Duvel Tripel Hop

cita, saaz saaz, styrian golding dry hopped with citra
9.5% alc/vol

'Every year, our Duvel brewers select a different third hops variety for the Tripel Hop. The result is a richer taste pallet, extra hops aroma and increased bitterness strength'

quite a nice refreshing beer for such high alcohol , it is freaken de-lish :icon_drool2:

image.jpg
Northern wet hop brew from the sierra crew , 6.7%Man how good have we got it these days , when you can get stuff like this from the woollies alcohol branch !

Sierra Navada Northern, I bought one of these from Woolies today, its in the fridge

Cost me $8.00 which i was happy about, Looking forward to it

Tried one of these on the weekend too, Mad Abbot Tripel, on tap at the brewery, and bought a few home, Fantastic

Mad_Abbot.jpg

Got myself a northern hemisphere today as well $12 though from BWS. oh well. Wad quite nice though first wet hop beer

Artisan Pourere Spiced Pumpkin Ale
Paired with Pumpkin and Balsamic Swirl Ice Cream the boys had made for the event.
Not only was the beer pretty nice but this was one of the tastiest ice creams I have had. Really great pairing.

View attachment 59294

Back