Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridgeport IPA and Sierra Nevada porter for NYE at a friends' place. Out of the bottle, in the backyard with marinated chicken skewers, slow roasted tomatoes and beef/beetroot mini burgers.

Went down a treat, nice quiet way to see in 2013.

3 Monts to see the New Year in? :beerbang:

Here is the edited highlights of the last week or so, don't know what has happen to the lambic bottles or most of the SN range.
Quite a few came here via Northside Novice.
View attachment 59665

Explains a few hangovers....

Hey, hey, hey! It's not a competition! (And yes, I'm VERY jealous!)

;)

sN northern hemipshere harvest wet hop ale 2012.
:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
Lovely smooth ale mLt base wirh spicey hpps shinning through. Gtreat bitterness, mid palate, late hop amd dry hop. Multiple complexity of hop. Great cascade and citrus notes all backed up with spice.
Another great SN beer. Wish i had a keg of this.

Even bettr i found it at bws in phillip island on special fot $10, 710ml botle. Awsome afternooon beer.

Since I was being healthy last nite, I decided to toast the New Year with this,
ipa_o.JPG
, not a bad start to the year - must go now the pool is calling to me.
(Its great having a boring bottle-o with a secret stash of good beer) :icon_cheers:

56524A8E-885B-437D-A66B-9A9F51B31BE7-462-0000003562DF382A_zps239db8db.jpg

Slaapmutske brouwerij- zomer
light easy drinking, fruity yeast and hop flavours
Perfect summer afternoon beer. Spewing I only have the one bottle

sN northern hemipshere harvest wet hop ale 2012.
:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
Lovely smooth ale mLt base wirh spicey hpps shinning through. Gtreat bitterness, mid palate, late hop amd dry hop. Multiple complexity of hop. Great cascade and citrus notes all backed up with spice.
Another great SN beer. Wish i had a keg of this.

Even bettr i found it at bws in phillip island on special fot $10, 710ml botle. Awsome afternooon beer.
I really enjoyed the northern hemisphere one as well. Good hop flavour with solid malt to back it.

I really enjoyed the northern hemisphere one as well. Good hop flavour with solid malt to back it.
Any beer that u can finish, and in 20min have a bit of.sponge cake, tonic water, ham with sweet chilli sauce, then still jave hops and malt lingering is a damn good beer. So well.crafted. Not chasing thoeretocal 100+ ibus but giving a huge hop beer with xomplexity and laasting impression. Top stuff.

Bridgeport IPA and Sierra Nevada porter for NYE at a friends' place. Out of the bottle, in the backyard with marinated chicken skewers, slow roasted tomatoes and beef/beetroot mini burgers.

Went down a treat, nice quiet way to see in 2013.

Did they roast or otherwise, saute the beetroot? I've got a patch full currently. I don't really want to juice it due to lack of creativity.

Besides, I thought you once said beetroot 'fucks a good burger' or words to that effect.

I didn't agree with that opinion, I must say. I am very much in the ' scuse me, can I get beetroot on that' when I place my order.

Did they roast or otherwise, saute the beetroot? I've got a patch full currently. I don't really want to juice it due to lack of creativity.

Besides, I thought you once said beetroot 'fucks a good burger' or words to that effect.

I didn't agree with that opinion, I must say. I am very much in the ' scuse me, can I get beetroot on that' when I place my order.

Im with you Dave, gotta have beetroot, came home from work tonight and wife has made steak sanga's...steak, onions and beetroot...fabulous..
anyway to keep on post I have a Westmalle triple and a Samuel Smith Taddy Porter sitting in the fridge waiting for Saturday, was meant to be last night
but wasn't in the mood for a drink last night....maybe a post for next week.

I have been well coddled with beer over the last couple of weeks.

Drinking a Torpedo atm.
Recent notables:
SN Narwhal - very good stout and kickarse label
Anchor Liberty
Bridgeport IPA tasting fresh at Darlinghurst taphouse

The beetroot was actually in the burger patties. I don't like tinned beetroot on my fish and chip shop burgers - makes the bread go soggy.
The beetroot in the burgers was grated - couldn't say beyond that. I did the skewers and tomatoes.

Should be loads of things you can do with yours - goes well roasted with rabbit or just cooked through and diced into chunks with fresh tomatoes, mint, a touch of garlic and mint then dressed with yoghurt as a salad accompaniment to lamb or steak.

beetroot should be in slabs.
just saying

Roasted baby beetroot with some rosemary and dressed with balsamic vinegar. Very tasty

Yah. Roasted. Balsiamic.

Duck's nuts.

AEC8D009-C524-4B2E-930C-8ED11F2C7407-2374-0000032BA6D2E315.jpg

My sister bought this over straight from the brewery in NZ.
One of the real standout beers of the Xmas break. There were many, many others but this flagon of Bitter Bitch was top stuff. Even if it was lacking in carbonation due to being filled 24hrs prior to arriving and not being refrigerated.

Since I was being healthy last nite, I decided to toast the New Year with this,
View attachment 59675
, not a bad start to the year - must go now the pool is calling to me.
(Its great having a boring bottle-o with a secret stash of good beer) :icon_cheers:

Perry That wouldn't be craft in red hill now?! Good to have a fine local again.

Mikkeller Single Hop Warrior IPA on tap at Archive - Super tasty IPA. Was more bitter than I expected but definitely not in a bad way. Interesting aroma. Will definitely have to check these hops out.

Settling in for the night with a six pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale and Sierra Nevada Tumbler brown ale. Both going down nicely by the pool leaving me almost ready for bed already :icon_cheers:

newyears_2012.13_042.JPG

Klosterbrauerei Weissenohe

Benediktiner Pils 4.9%

very nice german pils, brewed by monks , they done well :icon_drunk:

Went to Craft in Red Hill today, nice little place. Had some tastings open, Tony the guy serving was very nice and hospitable.
Bought a few to try
2013_01_03_18.45.50.jpg

At the moment trying the Meantime Raspberry Wheat.. it's not fantastic. Tastes like a watered down Timmermans Kriek.

Latest posts

Back