Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It;'s legit (well, the beer pack is legit, I can't speak for the website). Westvleteren are doing some reconstruction, so are flogging 93,000 of these cubes to fund it.

Don't pay $300 for it though, the shops are only charging 25 euros!

Source here in dutch: http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.asp...DMF20111013_052

Oh and Muggus, the glasses have changed about 3 times so far I can tell. Google Image Search Westvleteren Glass and see the different styles and logos. I think the glasses you have there have only been around for 6-8 years or so.

Man i love this beer ! i got to drink it in masham , yorkshire - :icon_drool2:

I like the bottles too , i like to have more than one though ;)

Oh man I had a few of them suckers when I was in the UK, So good! If I remember right they get better as they get to about 10deg or so?

Schneider Nelson Sauvin weizenstarkbier.

This is more understated than Hopfenweisse and they serve it in wine glasses at the Weisses Brauhaus. Enjoyable beer, although I did miss the more aggressive hop character of the Hopfenweisse.

On to Vienna and I had a Mrzen (+Vienna schnitzel) at 7 Stern Brau which they brew on the premises.

This beer was amazing. It had the malty background that you'd expect from this style, however it had great hop presence. I could've (and should've) drank it all night long. Their Helles was nice and the Bamberger was okay. I also tried Sitegl zwickle (it was okay) and a couple of other beers in a nearby bar.

Also, I had a quick look in an Aussie pub (still in Vienna) and they had LCPA + other beers. I also found that they had Kakadu Red Zwickle! I must look for that next time in the Kakadu.... <_<

I also had a brilliant schnitzel at Figlmullers (which is supposed to be Vienna's most famous schnitzel). The schnitzel was pretty good and big, but what really made them was the potato salad that it came with. Creamy with a hint of mustard (if I remember correctly).

Here's a pic of the schnitzel which overflowed the edge of the plate (with my hand for further size guidance).

And a few other beers that I've tried this year...

The most notable beer being Monsieur Rock which is a collaboration brew between Sharps brewery and Jean-Marie Rock, brewmaster at Orval Brewery. The beer was a touch overcarbonated, but then settled down nicely with nice Saaz character. I could probably drink it by the pint.

Currently finishing off a carton of James Squire Amber Ale i bought over a month ago. Its not as nice i remember.....

9ec8c7e7.jpg

How freaking clear is that beer!!!!!!!!!!!! What did it taste like?

And I don't see monks changing their way with new packaging...or any for that matter....

Dunno about that. There was a run recently of boxed Chimay 750mL single bottled, bundled with a (German made) Chimay glass.

Marketing knows no god.

Had a Pint of The Big Dipper on the weekend at the Brisbane Brewhouse. It wasn't as Hoppy as i thought it should be.

I agree. Very nice drop and unless I knew it was so strong I wouldn't have know. But not as in your face hoppiness as I was hoping for. A nicely crafted beer. I really cannot complain about a beer that hasn't be tested in small batches and is simply a one-off. Have another bottle in the fridge to try tomorrow night. :)

Found a bottle of Mad Brewers Stout Noir in the back of the cupboard the other day and decided to sip it while doing paper work at the end of te day. Surprising sweet and creamy and hint of liquorish. Only thing is i should have bought a couple of bottles.

Sierra Nevada torpedo with a pellet of B Saaz broken into the glass. Yum.

View attachment 49567

great start to friday night Mikkeller Tjekket Pilsner 4.6 %

very nice , poured bright but i tipped in the sediment so bit cloudy , strange looking pilsner. I am used to crystal clear ones ?
any way its a very nice drop, but also getting almost smokey flavours ? not sure about that either but i do like it !

probly not what i expected but very nice beer any way .

nn

3 big dippers and an Old Peculier for $22 ...

hmmm, where to start.

Anyone on the sunny coast looking for the latest LC single batch there are about 6 cartons of Big Dipper left at Maleny Purple Palate as of this arvo.

Just had a mate and the mum in law get back from the USA and Hawaii, this is the range they brought back. A mix of these totalling 50 bottles all up:

I'm planing on hosting an American Beer day, can't wait to hook in :kooi:

USA_Beer_Haul_2011.JPG

Cheers,

TS

I hope the mate and the mother in-law weren't going "together" mate.

Seriously looks like a nice session on the cards.

I thought I'd do a WITG &copy; for Tuesday night. Trouble is I was too tired and too lazy to take photos and come up with a useful post.

Suffice to say, I finally got hold of SN PA.

Meh.

Great beer, well balanced, a little lacking in aroma compared to what I'm used to (though I'm attributing that to the fact that it came from the other side of the globe, so giving them a break on that one).

But, given it's $4.50 per stubby, I'm not that enamoured with it.

My house Pale Ale is better, tastes fresher (though I don't blame SN for that), has better aroma, hops are more pronounced and equal levels of bitterness and balance.

2 cartons I can make for the price of a 6-pack. Either my house Pale Ale tweaking has finally yielded the beer I've been searching for, or alternatively....... my goodness, when did I become such a sanctimonious beer snob? :wacko:

I think I've ruined my palate. :eek:

Goomba

Latest posts

Back