Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BairdBeerDarkSkyImperialStout.jpg

A good stout, but not a great one, IMO.
I know this style should be lightly carbed, but I'd have thought some head and some lacing would be OK. Only other (minor) complaint: I can taste the alcohol. Can't find the %abv, but (large) bot5tle is only 2.8 standard drinks, so I don't reckon it's really high. And with all the roasty stout flavours going on I would have thought they could hide all the boozey tastes. I'm getting a faint solventy aftertaste.
Not a bad drop, but @ $18 / bottle I won't be buying again.

I used to be the same. Thought wheat beers were pretty yuk.
I think Beermasons is largely responsible for my change in attitude as they tend to slip one or two good examples in each season.
I currently have my first hefe in the fermenter right now and I can't wait till it is bottled and ready to go.

Cheers
BC

4 Pines Hefeweizen

View attachment 49290

Sorry I can't give you the normal scenery but I'm sitting in a motel room that's been home for a couple of weeks now. I thought the only thing that could be worst would be drinking a wheat beer ;)

Surprise, surprise I quite enjoyed this tonight......that or I've been away too long.

Don't tell Winkle or Stillscottish

Very nice, but definitely a sipper, not one to have more than one of.

Low carbonation, little to no hops in the bouquet or the palate. Initial complex dark caramel toffee flavour, which quickly changes to chocolate slightly roasty dark malts, leaving a dry finish.

IMG_1094.jpg

4 Pines Hefeweizen

View attachment 49290

Sorry I can't give you the normal scenery but I'm sitting in a motel room that's been home for a couple of weeks now. I thought the only thing that could be worst would be drinking a wheat beer ;)

Surprise, surprise I quite enjoyed this tonight......that or I've been away too long.

View attachment 49323

4 Pines Hefeweizen

View attachment 49290

blasphemer128601086275112902.jpg

BBLLLLLAAAAAASSSSSSSSPHEEEEEEMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Onya Jeff, gotta try new things occasionally ;)

Cheers!

TheBruerySaisondeLente.jpg

Got this one in th BM winter pack. A Saison in winter? Warm enough today, and it's my b'day, so treating myself to a few special ones.
Made in California by "The Bruery". Brett... Sour, not quite lambic sour, but sour enough. Not my fave. style, but not a bad drop. Certainly refreshing. I had a nice Baltic Porter and a bottle of Chimay ready for tonight, but might be a bit warm for big beers. Will see how we go...

Can anyone let me know if it's possible to upload photos from iPhone into your reply to this thread?

If so, how?

Very nice, but definitely a sipper, not one to have more than one of.

Low carbonation, little to no hops in the bouquet or the palate. Initial complex
dark caramel toffee flavour, which quickly changes to chocolate slightly roasty
dark malts, leaving a dry finish.

View attachment 49322

Man i love this beer ! i got to drink it in masham , yorkshire - :icon_drool2:

I like the bottles too , i like to have more than one though ;)

Man i love this beer ! i got to drink it in masham , yorkshire - :icon_drool2:

I like the bottles too , i like to have more than one though ;)

I also had in draft in a pub near Masham. Was fantastic.
Has a bottle a week ago and was not so impressed. Was lacking something.

Regards

Graeme

Can anyone let me know if it's possible to upload photos from iPhone into your reply to this thread?

If so, how?

I imagine you still have to host the pic's somewhere. Photobucket, for example.

MoylansHopsicleImperialAle.jpg

OMFG!
Having tried about 1/2 a dozen Moyan's beers, I was hesitant at the $20+ price tag.
Glad I got it. Awesome beer. Reminiscant of the Holgate Hopinator - but bigger. (and %9.2 abv)
Lovely, complex hoppy aromas. Pine and citrus, and I don't know what else (have had a couple of beers already today).
Big chewey mouthfeel. Massive hop flavours, but enough sweet malts to balance them.
Bottle says it uses fresh Tomahawk, Chinook and Anthanum (never even heard of that one) hops.
This is possibly the most delicious AIPA I've had. Think Sierra Nevada Torpedo with boots on!
Yum.

I imagine you still have to host the pic's somewhere. Photobucket, for example.

MoylansHopsicleImperialAle.jpg

OMFG!
Having tried about 1/2 a dozen Moyan's beers, I was hesitant at the $20+ price tag.
Glad I got it. Awesome beer. Reminiscant of the Holgate Hopinator - but bigger. (and %9.2 abv)
Lovely, complex hoppy aromas. Pine and citrus, and I don't know what else (have had a couple of beers already today).
Big chewey mouthfeel. Massive hop flavours, but enough sweet malts to balance them.
Bottle says it uses fresh Tomahawk, Chinook and Anthanum (never even heard of that one) hops.
This is possibly the most delicious AIPA I've had. Think Sierra Nevada Torpedo with boots on!
Yum.

Did you get that from Crown Cellars?

I just wanted to post a picture of a 2L growled of Lobethal Bierhaus double hopped IPA I have chilling in the fridge.

If you love your hops, you'll love this. Like someone shoved a hop cluster down your throat!

Stopped off there and had 4 pints of it before my wedding last year. Needless to say, I got married :)

Did you get that from Crown Cellars?

Sure did. Every time I "finish" everything they have - they get a new batch of beers I haven't tried yet.
I know Lonny has other bottle shops with a decent range, but the guys @ CC have a passion for beer. They respect it and treat it well. I seldom go anywhere else.

Introduced the boy to Chimay. He enjoyed it, as did I.
Should have opened a bottle of 3 Muskateers Baltic Porter next, but I had this instead:
BrewDogsAlicePorter.jpg

Pretty ordinary really. :(
Guess it's not too late for the "good one"...

21.10.11_001.JPG

Cracked this after work this arvo...

lokks and smells nothing special, but a mouthfull of complex flavours, malts and grain, light dirty hops, the bottle says toffee and vanilla,
I wont argue...not an outstanding beer but very enjoyable and leaves puddles on the local megaswill and a lot of micros as well...

well worth the visit.

I'm holidaying on a resort island ner Singapore & managed to track down a can of ABC foreign extra stout at a bar where the only beer they have on tap is carlsberg. Pretty goddamn delicious after a week of cocktails. No photo unfortunately the wi-fi here is temperamental.

Just enjoying a Feral Karma Citra at home! Mane Liqours new idea is pretty cool to order in fresh kegs and bottle fill from there. Thus batch was kegged on Thursday so nice and fresh.

2011_10_22_16.43.01.jpg

I'm keen to crack the 2L growler bottle of double hopped Lobethal Bierhaus IPA I have in the fridge ATM.

If I only want to have to one pint from it tonight, will it seal again sufficiently, and how long will I have to drink it before it goes flat etc?

PackWesty12-B.jpg

I wish this was in my glass :icon_drool2:

anyone want to go halves in a pack ?

$320 + shipping <_<

http://shop.belgianshop.com/acatalog/info_1_PB230911.html

or might just bag one and cellar over six years :rolleyes:
Hmm I smell a rat. If you've ever seen the authentic bottle and glass, you'll note they don't look like that. And I don't see monks changing their way with new packaging...or any for that matter....

Food_037.jpg
Exhibit A: Bottled I shared last year

Back