Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winkle when hell's gates look like they are about to open , may as well drink the devil drink.

but to calm the storm.....

View attachment 49176

Lobethal Pale Ale

very nice pale ale ,very nice smell , very nice taste, very very nice mouth feel fkn great after taste too. (even after the bundy :p )

overall very nice! would of loved a growler or three :)

A very worthy bewery, and great food aswell. I would defo go back again.

gallery_9200_530_710581.jpg

I found two bottles of Choc Hops Chocolate Stout at Dan Murphys a few weeks back. I thought the first one I drank had some kind of problem - very thin mouth feel, slightly grassy, cidery almost vinegary after-taste. There were A LOT of hop particles in the drink as well. Not good at all.

So I decided to give the second bottle a shot. This one was much better but it still had a slightly 'twangy/tart' after-taste that I just didn't expect to be in there. I now got a lot more roasty/coffee aroma and flavour than the first one (almost none in the first one). The mouthfeel was still very thin.

Overall, It's hard for me to give it a proper review because I am really not sure if I got a bad batch. But even if I didn't, I have to say they missed the mark on this one. Definitely not roasty enough to call it a stout (and I don't care which stout variation you talk about - no where near enough roastiness). They would have been better off labelling it as a Dark Ale - much more in line with what I was tasting.

That Lobethal is my favourite Aussie made APA.....delicious.
That Mildura choc is one of the worst beer's that I've have.

As a fan of BreDog beers, I've been putting together a small collection of their beers to have over the Christmas holidays :party:

Though I've already had the widely available beers like Punk IPA, Trashy Blonde, 77 Lager etc before, I am looking forward to trying the more obscure beers like the Hello My Name is Ingrid, Prototype 17, TNP and the Abstrakt.

I still have a few more I want to get before Christmas, but the hardest thing is trying not to drink them before I've got them all.

Full credit to you...nice selection. Whenever I start to get a collection, I just end up getting curious and thirsty and crack them all open.

BeermasonsSpring2011.jpg

:)

Not drinking all of these at once of course, but look forward to trying them over the coming weeks.

Well cheers Spork :super:
You tipped me over the edge and I'm now a member of Beer Masons, I have just received my first shipment and whoa what a great selection of beers.

Thanks Batz

2011_10_16_18.02.35.jpg..

Rare breed indded rare as the missus randomly bought it for me. A very rare occurance. But I cant be atsed doing a.bjcp review. Been fishing and im knackered.

Poured quite amber with small head, little retention (not to style).huge hop aroma, full of galaxy. I mean full.
Classic ipa. But a lot about showcasing tge hops esp galaxy. Ultra clean cascade up front which is overtaken by galaxy. english malt is definitely present with toffee, but finished dry enough with a bittering finish. Bssic malt grist which lets hops shine. Perhaps a little chill haze. Carbonation could be up a tad more, body is spot on. Lots of hop resin present. Something isnt quite right if it was meant as a session beer but I dont think its meant to be.

A very interesting beer. Should try, unless u dont like galaxy.then ahain tge casc/galaxy combo works brilliantly. Very well balanced

I loved the creamy stout here but out of the three I had while in Exeter Devon UK The "Proper Job"was the winner for me but I guess I'm a hopdog at heart.

DSC_0467.JPG

Oh yeah tried a Punk IPA tonight and I wont bother with a photo but I will say It was like sniffing my hop bag before brew day every sip. It was like eating hops and sniffing them at the same time. On my second punk i was thinking "I couldn't drink a 6 pack" then before I knew it I was in shock that I had finished my last beer out of the 4 pack. Guess I really liked the stuff.

Second edit off topic. Just made the 10min IPA with Wiraka hops so im hoping it will turn out as well as expected but i'll post it when ready.

2011-10-16190501.jpg

This was supply for the RWC Semi Final last night...all top beers.

Renaissance MPA wasnt as good as my anticipation had expected. Been a long wait since the last batch sold out...nice Malt profile, but wasnt the Hop Bitterness/Flavour/Aroma I would have expected for an IIPA.
Croucher Beers are great...nice brewery from my place of birth. Yeastie Boys P.K.B is a great Hoppy Porter (not a Black IPA like some people think)...delicious.

Needless to say, I was stoked that the ABs sent your team back over the ditch in an uncompromising fashion. Quade who?

Bring on the French and a new supply of beers!

My daughter was born yesterday so I lashed out on a selection of brew dog to celebrate. The barley wine was brilliant. Lashings of peat! I love my islay single malts and I reckon this is about as close as you could get in a beer.

Found out earlier today that my wife is 7 weeks pregnant.

Any suggestions to accompany a cigar?

Something smoked perhaps?
Or a big staunch stout of some description?
A combo of both, even?

Oh, and congrats ps!

Well cheers Spork :super:
You tipped me over the edge and I'm now a member of Beer Masons, I have just received my first shipment and whoa what a great selection of beers.

Thanks Batz

My pleasure Batz.
The welcome pack does have some excellent beers. Was a real eye opener for me. Before that I tended to go for quantity over quality. It was the beginning of the "slippery slope", but I reckon you are already slid 1/2 way down anyway. ;)
I liked the Bersalis Beersal (trippel) so much I got a carton of it. Still have a1/2 dozen left. For me the Avery brewing Abbey Ale was also outstanding, been tempted to get more of them also. Every now and again BM email members with "odds and sods" packs they have left over in limited supply, have scored some amazing beers that way too, but you gotta be quick. The summer pack is only about a month and a half away...
:)

Congrats mate!!!!!. I'd go for SN torpedo, but im biased, i love that stuff. Brewdog Punk IPA would be good also

Thanks guys. Went with some Coopers BES. An old man drink for a soon to be old man! :)

A nice dark ale and some home smoked sausages or smoked chicken drumsticks!

4 Pines Hefeweizen

DSCF2421.JPG

Sorry I can't give you the normal scenery but I'm sitting in a motel room that's been home for a couple of weeks now. I thought the only thing that could be worst would be drinking a wheat beer ;)

Surprise, surprise I quite enjoyed this tonight......that or I've been away too long.

Don't tell Winkle or Stillscottish

Victory Yakima Glory

IMAG0048.jpg

Nice. Had a big bitterness that lingered long on my palette. Resinous, piney aromas, and fairly solid malt backbone. Well done IMO.

Had this on Sunday during the rugby, was the highlight of the day ;)

Also my first collection of Beermasons beers turned up. Not quite what I thought was going to come, but not unhappy with the selection.

Tonight I've had the following:
20111018brewdogs5amsaint.jpg

20111018mikkellerstonealesmithbelgianstyletripleale.jpg

20111018victorystormkingstout.jpg

Any suggestions
Brew while you can to prevent running out once the baby is born. Maybe a big beer to crack at the birth and subsequent birthdays.

First trip to a decent beer shop for me on the wekend.

In Sydney for a wedding ( dont get to the smoke too often ) so took the chance to drop into Dan Murphy's in Ryde.

Wow, like being a kid again and first time in Toyworld.

Picked up a selection, cant wait to sample them.

dan_murphys_16.10.11_001.JPG

2 bottles either end were part of an Ocktoberfest pack from Woolies..came with a beaut Bitburger 1/2 litre stein.

Roll on Friday

Back