Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between the cricket score and the crappy Sydney weather not much to be happy about :(

Beers.jpg

But nothing some retail therapy can't fix, no idea what the Czech or Polish ones are like but always keen to try a new beer :D

Between the cricket score and the crappy Sydney weather not much to be happy about :(

View attachment 42817

But nothing some retail therapy can't fix, no idea what the Czech or Polish ones are like but always keen to try a new beer :D

I haven't had it for a while, but I really enjoyed that Kozel dark last time I drank it. I would love to have it on tap. Low ABV, lots of taste, refreshing.

that Zywiec is possibly one the worst beers I've tasted...

that Zywiec is possibly one the worst beers I've tasted...

Really?? I like it. Its a strong Pilsner and is fairly common in the UK.

A lot of brewers like Kozel, but I think its overly sweet. Its sweetened and coloured with caramel after fermentation (or so Gazza Prescott from Scoopergen and Steel City Brewing Co. tells me).

I was lucky enough to go to a tasting of stone beer at the local taphouse last night

The back story to this can be found HERE

Stone Smoked Porter - 5.9%, 55ibu
Stone Imperial Russian Stout - 10.8%, 90ibu
Stone Ruination IPA - 7.7%, 100ibu This one had to be smelt to be believed. Just like burying your head in a bag of fresh hops.

Stone_Smoked_Porter.jpg

Stone_Imperial_Russian_Stout.jpg

Stone_Ruination_IPA.jpg

cont...

Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale 8.7%, 90ibu - Black IPA
Stone Lucky ******* Ale - 8.5% ibu's classified - A mix of Arrogant *******, Double *******, and Oaked Arrogant *******
Stone Vertical Epic 10-10-10 Belgian Golden Strong with Chamomile Flowers, Gewurztraminer, Muscat Canelli, Sauvignon Blanc and Riesling juice. This was just such a fantastic brew.

Stone_Sublimley_Self_Righteous.jpg

Stone_Lucky_Bastard.jpg

Stone_Vertical_Epic_10.jpg

Got some nice pressies from the missus for Xmas...

La Chouffe Blonde
Mc Chouffe Bruin
Duvel 750mL
Chimay Blue
Estralla (sp) Dark

Have had the Blonde and the Duvel so far, makes me want to go load up on corks and champagne cages and do some belgian stuff proper-like

A few I picked up from Cellarbrations at Carlisle

3d4d6cf8.jpg

I managed to talk SWMBO into letting me have a whole shelve in our linen cupboard. It stays fairly cool in there.

38b13783.jpg

Then a few I've been drinking:

3ffc825c.jpg

a66db1aa.jpg

b2fe998a.jpg

42dd11b2.jpg

9af878b4.jpg

The Stone Ruination and 8Wired Hopwired IPA were real standouts.

Mitch, were there many of the Torpedos left at Celebrations?

I wouldn't be able to tell you mate, I bought them online as I'm in Kalgoorlie. Call Joel on 93611434 and find out. They have a facebook page too if you're on it, and that's how I get in touch most of the time (& over email), and find out when they've got new beers in.
No affiliation etc...
Hope this helps :)

Rogue Mogul Madness Ale

Had this last night at the Earl of Leicester in Parkside, and wow! After finishing a Rogue Amber Ale with Dinner, this longneck was my 'nightcap'. :icon_drunk:

Loved the murkiness within the brown to dark brown colour. The hops initially whack you in the face, but grow on you as you go from Pint to pint. Nice maltiness but its totally overshadowed by the bitterness and late hop additions, almost to the point of grassiness - not to the detriment of the brew though.

At $22, it was not cheap, a 650ml longneck containing 3.2 std drinks.

One of the biggest hoppiest beers I have had ever I think. Tasty as though!

Website details for the beer here.

Had a pint of Murray's Dark Knight Porter at the Sail on Friday night.

Rounded off the evening nicely.

The wife is back at bridal weight (after twins, not a bad effort at all) so we are celebrating with a couple of beers.

Started off with Rochefort 10 and now onto Southern Tier Iniquity (Black IPA).

Latest posts

Back