Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP0111Medium.jpg

Quite nice.

a ice one from dupont that i found
08022009034.jpg

followed by a chimay grand reserve
08022009035.jpg

Have not the pictures but if your in range get your butts up to Mt Tamborine in QLD. 2 Breweries one bigger more touristy Mt Tamborine Brewery. Great beers but a litlle on the bitter side. & Eagle heights brewery smaller and far less commercial but an IPA to die for. You must get some!!!!

Carty, Fat Yak is made by Matilda Bay.

ah cool thanks for setting that straight for me, next time i see the guy who told me it is little creeature im going to walk up to him and punch him in the back of the head.

cheers
carty

ah cool thanks for setting that straight for me, next time i see the guy who told me it is little creeature im going to walk up to him and punch him in the back of the head.

cheers
carty

I think a slap in the face will suffice.

lovely beer that Grand Cru... knock your socks off though!

cheers
carty

"You know what, the first thing tomorrow morning I'm going to punch Lenny in the back of the head"
[/Simpsons quote mode]

First time posting a beer in 'whats in the glass'.

Steam Exchange IPA.

[size=-1]India Pale Ale[/size]
[size=-1]When a big tasty ale was required for the English occupation of East India during the early 1800s, IPA was their answer. A heavily hopped, high alcohol beer, with a big malty flavour- brewed specially to make the long journey by ship to the sub continent. Created with traditional ingredients imported from the UK, Steam Exchange IPA will strike a chord with the strong ale aficionado!

Alc 5.8% abv appox 1.6 Standard drinks
[/size]

Quite nice actually. Nice head that sits well. Very well balanced I must say. I bought a mixed case from them - all top quality beers. Would strongly recommend ordering some from them if you are interstate.

12022009016.jpg

"You know what, the first thing tomorrow morning I'm going to punch Lenny in the back of the head"
[/Simpsons quote mode]

you know it!

its either a punch in the head or a knee capping, wherever the mood takes me.

SKM/BHP Billiton document. Do you work for the JV? I'm an electrical engineer with the Port.

Hey foles, do some environmental consulting for BHPBIO, marine based approvals - dredging, sea dumping (for RGP5 and RGP6, the LOF and Qantam).

whats the weather like up there for ya.?

Tonight it's Cooper's Stout, as the weather here is like bloody winter.

Question for you all: a local bottlo has bottles of Murray's Anniversary for $30 (not to mention the 2IPA and the Grand Cru for just under $20). The most I've ever paid for a bottle of beer is 12 Euro ($23.50) for a bottle of Westvleteren 12. Is the Murray's worth the investment?

Question for you all: a local bottlo has bottles of Murray's Anniversary for $30 (not to mention the 2IPA and the Grand Cru for just under $20). The most I've ever paid for a bottle of beer is 12 Euro ($23.50) for a bottle of Westvleteren 12. Is the Murray's worth the investment?

According to the Murrays website the 2IPA and the grand cru in 750ml bottles are sold out? Where's this bottle shop exactly (it can be our little secret)?

cheers

grant

VERY tough comparison there, mainly because there's no point comparing any Aussie beer...as good as it is...to Westy 12.
But you must remember beer is far cheaper in the wonderful lands of Europe to begin with, and Murrays Anniversary is certainly amongst the cream of the crop over here.
Regardless, you'll find lesser beers for more...Deus for one! Yep, I said it!

Well I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. The local Yacht Club now has James Squire on tap - Amber Ale and Golden Ale, a much welcome change from the mega swill that is otherwise being drunk. Had a few of each yesterday and they went down really well. :)

Was it surprising though that I didnt see anyone else have a JS while I was there? Even my home brewing mate was having a XXXX Gold! Bloody dill.

Cheers,
Jake

P2140005.jpg

My valentine's gift to myself, on behalf of my wife. She's so thoughtful. ;) Enjoying "The Physics" now. Interesting mix of caramel/toffee and floral hop in the aroma (label says first gold hops are used). Same floral/piney hop character mixed with caramel toffee in the flavour. Finishes with a long lingering bitterness. Quite refreshing and interesting.

According to the Murrays website the 2IPA and the grand cru in 750ml bottles are sold out? Where's this bottle shop exactly (it can be our little secret)?

cheers

grant

I just dont think bottles of beer should sell for crazy prices like that. Its a gimmick.

Mind you I did relent and buy a 650ml bottle of Rogue Dead Guy Ale last night for $18. Arguably the best beer I have every had the pleasure of drinking. But its only expensive because of the import costs, not because the brewery decides it should cost 5 times the price its worth.

My first Brett beer. Murray's Anniversary Ale 3 bought from Port Stephens winery on a recent holiday.

IMG_1093.jpg

I just dont think bottles of beer should sell for crazy prices like that. Its a gimmick.

Mind you I did relent and buy a 650ml bottle of Rogue Dead Guy Ale last night for $18. Arguably the best beer I have every had the pleasure of drinking. But its only expensive because of the import costs, not because the brewery decides it should cost 5 times the price its worth.

Jebus, I've got half a six pack of Dead Guy Ale sitting in the fridge because I didn't like it that much. It was pricey for here too, I think I paid $14 for the sixpack.

Maybe the trip across the pond helps the flavour? ;)

Latest posts

Back