Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had feral karma citra, young Henry's newtowner. Didn't really rate either but enjoyed this fine drop image.jpg
Bentspoke cranking IPA with a cool lid, good for aroma I spose
All in a little fridge in bermagui! Hooray!

Delerium tremens.

This was the beer that got me into beer.
When I grew up, my dad mostly drank xxxx, brother's mates and subsequent generations were mostly vb. I drank wine, liqueurs and spirits by choice (mostly cheap shit - not pretending I was sophisticated).

Worked in kitchens from around 17 and one newly opened local restaurant I worked in had delerium tremens and duvel (this is early 90s). One night I finished early enough to actually have a knockoff drink and had a dt. Changed my view on what beer is, utterly.

Smooth, fresh bread, bubblegum, luscious and delicate.

Funnily enough I can stomach xxxx and vb nowadays - couldn't back then.

Had a bit of variety last night... Big Eye left over for tonight

Grunion Pale Ale was very good
Even Keel Session IPA was mediocre
Sculpin is a very decent west coast IPA

20170121_155701_HDR.jpg

^ have another even keel on a fresh palate. I found that exceptionally good for a low abv beer. Sculpin is overrated.

Hard to overstate how much I'm enjoying this, loving the crisp freshness of the Aussie hops.

Screenshot_20170122-165503-01.jpeg

Pratty1 said:
^ have another even keel on a fresh palate. I found that exceptionally good for a low abv beer. Sculpin is overrated.
Thats why tastes differ

I think sculpin is good (and had a few while I was in the US last year) and that even keel wasnt that great :)

Got this from Dans and had it last night. Lots of marmalade flavour. Loved it. I like to try something like this one day.

1485070080067.jpg

goldstar said:
Hope Brewhouse XPA. Tasty.
Good to see they're finally getting a consistent good result
For a long time there, their beers were all over the place, some good, some terrible, lots of very average beers

Too lazy to attach a pic, Had a can of Golden Road Key Lime Saison last night
I'm quite a fan, it's got that clove phenolic that's typical in wheat beers, but backed up with a huge sweet lime hit and the usual saison spiciness
I'm keen to give something like that a go soon

4 PINES KOLSCH

Refreshing drop, ah yes indeedly

Got the 4 pack of Saison, Kolsch, Red Rye IPA and APA and 2 hrs earlier the bottle shop received the 4pines IPL so I grabbed it too, very keen to try that one...well, all of them but that one bit more. I will be customer of the week up here in Bermagui I reckon hehe
image.jpg

Wife got some awesome job news tonight so out celebrating.

Started with Victory Elderflower Berliner Weisse, then onto Two Birds Taco beer and Pirate life IPA. Finishing up with Stone 24 carrot.

They were all fantastic beers, taco was the standout for me. The stone beer was great but a bit too in your face for a Belgian style beer for my palate.

not sure I'd buy it again, slick mouthfeel, grapefruit, beading strong but not bubbly in the mouth

assuming that to be released it turned out how it was intended to, so the style might not be my cup of tea

image hosting websites

This been sitting in cupboard for about 6 - 8 months, C/- IBC. Just amazing!!! very easy to drink, cherry balances through beautifully.

IMG_0678.JPG

I expected to be gushing over this, but twas not the case, though I had actually eaten three or four cloves tucked away in the beef Rendang from the earlier Thai dinner so maby my senses were in overload Who knows.
The sneaky 8.5% ABV only served to drive the peppery phenols and esters deeper into my olfactory canal. Washed it down with a Weihenstephaner hefe and all was good again.

Such a pretty beer though. And gave me a chance to fiddle with the manual everything 70s vintage lens.

7d9f129b-84bf-4d91-a75e-f6dec70874d6_zpsuqe0a09n.jpg

Latest posts

Back