Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this up from The Public Brewey on Thursday as I rather enjoyed it on tap.

Instantly picked the Amarillo and Centennial, surprised I didn't pick the Citra.

Just as good in cans. While the hottest 100 beers might be a load of tripe, this beer easily replaces Stone & Wood's Pacific Ale as the gateway drug to good craft beers.

1485812683957.jpg

Overcarbed and kind of bland. Needs more of everything and less of bubbles. Thoroughly kerb stomped by the Dog Days I had in the same session.
Never liked Newtown anyways. Use to be full of junkies, now I think the hipsters have elbowed them out.

20170111_172936_zpsdmncviaf.jpg

Dave70 said:
Overcarbed and kind of bland. Needs more of everything and less of bubbles. Thoroughly kerb stomped by the Dog Days I had in the same session.
Never liked Newtown anyways. Use to be full of junkies, now I think the hipsters have elbowed them out.

20170111_172936_zpsdmncviaf.jpg
Interesting. I've never had it in a can but I didn't mind it on tap. Certainly not outstanding though.

droid said:
Wow this is a ripping beer for 3.5%
Colonial small ale
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I had one of their other beers a while back. Think it was the AIPA. Bloody delicious and how good are the cans! Caught me by surprise when I opened it up[emoji15]

I saw these at Dans with juicy written on the box so I had to try em. It probably tasted really good when it was canned. I mostly got dank grassy bitterness. Reminds me of Dog Days but a bit more bitter and with a tiny bit of juicy in the finish. Ill leave the rest in the fridge for a few more weeks and see if it improves.

Nice. Just dont count on drinking anything else you plan on actually tasting for a while afterwords.

20170105_201118_zpserwicp1w.jpg

Curly79 said:
I had one of their other beers a while back. Think it was the AIPA. Bloody delicious and how good are the cans! Caught me by surprise when I opened it up[emoji15]
It's a big sound, a nice pop and crack hey? much more manly....Only dissappointing thing about the large mouth cans is when finished, I can see that there's a bit of beer left but it's hard to get it out. Btw, the brewer at Bentspoke said they do it for aroma because aroma is taste....or words to that effect.

droid said:
It's a big sound, a nice pop and crack hey? much more manly....Only dissappointing thing about the large mouth cans is when finished, I can see that there's a bit of beer left but it's hard to get it out. Btw, the brewer at Bentspoke said they do it for aroma because aroma is taste....or words to that effect.
Yeah. Makes sense. Like drinking out of a glass really. I thought something had gone wrong and I'd torn the top right off the can at first.

I'm waiting on a delivery of electronics bit from China and my wife informed me a parcel turned up. Beer Cartel?!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486977212.742548.jpg
Called mum a few weeks ago and seems she was concerned about my stress at work. Well this bloody well cheered me up. Some top beers amongst them I've been wanting to try. Currently sipping the Pirate Life pale ale, a very good start.

TheWiggman said:
I'm waiting on a delivery of electronics bit from China and my wife informed me a parcel turned up. Beer Cartel?!
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1486977212.742548.jpg
Called mum a few weeks ago and seems she was concerned about my stress at work. Well this bloody well cheered me up. Some top beers amongst them I've been wanting to try. Currently sipping the Pirate Life pale ale, a very good start.
Want to swap mums?

So I've been trying a few different styles to see what I want to put down.
Breakfast Stout.jpg
Porter.jpg
Stout CO2.jpg
Stout NO2.jpg
Think the best one for me was the Milk Stout in the bottle.
Wasn't a big fan of the Oak and Whiskey Porter. Love a good whiskey, but I guess not in my beer.

My next batch down will be a milk stout.

Ive had this in the keezer for over a month but it didnt really suit the hot weather. Good for a chilly 17c. Very nice. Ive still got number 8 to try.

1486981181500.jpg

I let it warm up for about 15. Maybe could have left it for more. I had a bottle of Leffe Blond as part of the same buy and it was freakin terrible. I really like this one along with the St Bernardis which is easier for me to get. I think Westvleteren(?) is out of my grasp for now.

Back