Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Scotty I'll give it a miss I tried some feral hop hog the other day an absolute bomb M8 I'll stick with that. Going on holiday next week looking for something decent. Cheers

koolkuna said:
Anyone tried Gage Roads Sleeping Giant IPA?
Sleeping giant is an English IPA.

If you are at Dan Murphy, get Ballast Point Even Keel Session IPA, $75 for a case and tasty beverage.

What's the the difference between all of the IPA's some Indian some imperial?? Is that the region they comes from or the amount of IBU or both??

Heard good things, couldn't pass it up again today [emoji16]
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1483602713.644060.jpg

What's In The Plastic (Commercial)?

Coopers Pale. Bloody nice change from the evil triple of Brisbane sports - XXXX Gold / Great Northern / Peroni Leggera

Screenshot_20170105-190247~2.png

koolkuna said:
What's the the difference between all of the IPA's some Indian some imperial?? Is that the region they comes from or the amount of IBU or both??
Very basically, iipa is a stronger, hoppier version of ipa.

IPA was historically a UK brew, resurrected by the US but US style (bigger, bolder, louder) = India pale ale. Sometimes represented as AIPA = American India Pale ale (nothing to do with native /indigenous americans).

IIPA is Imperial IPA which is just a way of saying bigger bolder louder anerican ipa (like russian imperial stout is a big, bold, boozy stout). There's also IIIPA and a bunch of substyles (west coast, east coast, northeast coast, henrietta's panties, blah,blah)

Heaps of style history and guidelines to read, some good, some rubbish.

BJCP is a good place to start but don't take everything as unshakeable gospel.

For the sake of your wallet I should warn you to stay away those craft beer shops that stock a huge variety of excellent quality beers. I fear i am too late.

Yeah m8 I agree I went to one before Xmas OMG [emoji44] I walked out with nothing. Couldn't decide. I had like $200 worth of the good stuff on the counter. It quickly adds up. I went to Dans and purchased 4 beers after 30 minutes!!

Had sam smith's and fullers ipa last night. Both delicious.
Duvel - always good.
Pannepot grand reserva 2011- some lovely fruit and chocolate flavours with an unwelcome glue/solvent character on the back palate. Disappointing.

Cooper's Legends Summer lager..felt like something different..and the beer of the" Australian open"..

Nearly finished my beers from the crazy spend up just before xmas. All this talk of IPA's got me thirsty.

1483870834937.jpg

Pratty1 said:
Sleeping giant is an English IPA.

If you are at Dan Murphy, get Ballast Point Even Keel Session IPA, $75 for a case and tasty beverage. [emoji39]
I'd even suggest the Bridge Road Little Bling Session IPA if you want to keep it Australian. A very good beer that stacks up with the rest. Comes in at a low 3.5% but packed full of hop flavour and aromas.

koolkuna said:
The Atomic Pale Ale looks like a tasty drop as well I might have to grab a trolley at Dans[emoji4]
It's not bad, wouldn't pay more than $50 for a carton though.

Back